Kitchen cabinet with drawers
Kitchen cabinets with drawers every year are becoming increasingly popular. They allow you to furnish the kitchen not only harmoniously, but also to make it very spacious. Due to the diversity of the assortment, they can be floor-standing, on legs, narrow or wide, as well as with or without a worktop. In any case, such floor drawers with drawers have their significant advantages, which allows them to be used in the kitchen of any area.
The advantages of this kitchen furniture a lot. However, the most significant are the following:
- Multifunctional. Kitchen cabinet with 5 drawers can be used to store dishes, household appliances or even kitchen textiles. She alone can replace several cabinets or shelves, which is very convenient.
- Ease of opening and closing drawers.
- The ability to hang towel hooks on the inside of the cabinet.
- Ability to install almost anywhere in the kitchen.
- Relatively low cost.
- You can order such kitchen furniture according to individual sketches.
Such simple advantages make the nightstand for the kitchen with drawers a real find for many housewives. Indeed, besides the general advantages, each type of this furniture has its own. And about what species still has such a bedside table, it will be discussed below.
Furniture experts today distinguish three main types of pedestals:
- Dining with shelves. As the name implies, such a table has a rather large tabletop. Only in its lower part there are shelves on which dishes and textiles can be stored. To store even the kitchen appliances such a table-dresser is unsuitable.
- Chopping table This option is more attractive to many people. First, it has a fairly large work surface, but it is not intended for lunches. And below the table top there are shelves and drawers. And, secondly, it allows you to use such a cabinet at once in three versions: work surface, shelves for storing kitchen utensils and drawers for storing small kitchen utensils.
- Floor stand with removable table top. This option allows you to use the upper surface at your discretion, and you can install the countertop only during cooking or at its reception.
It should also be understood that this piece of kitchen furniture differs not only in its design, but also in the type of installation, but also in the zoning of the kitchen area as a whole. And one should correctly correlate all these three indicators in order to make the stand not only harmoniously fit into the kitchen interior, but also be used as efficiently as possible.
Proper kitchen space zoning
As a rule, such floor cabinets with drawers are very harmonious in combination with wall cabinets. In addition, it is their sharing that allows you to divide the entire space into 4 conditional zones:
- The first zone is the lowest and is located no higher than 40 cm from the floor level. Working in the kitchen at such a height is extremely uncomfortable. Therefore, it is better to place a table here with a drawer with drawers at the very bottom.
- The second zone, already above somewhere at the level of 70 cm. Usually used to store the kitchen utensils, which is used more often than usual.
- The third is the middle zone. Its level is up to one and a half meters. It is believed that this zone covers the largest working part. It is desirable that all the items necessary for daily cooking should be located here. Also in this area it is best to install electrical appliances that are used daily.
- The fourth zone, the highest. Every time you do not want to jump over your head. That is why in this zone (and it is located at a height of up to two meters) it is best to place those kitchen items that are used not too often.
On how to properly position the table-cabinet in terms of zoning rooms, you now know. It's time to talk about how to place the floor stand for the kitchen with drawers.
For kitchens with a small area, corner narrow-side tables are best suited. As a rule, their width is 50 cm, not more. They are suitable for dishes, storage, gastronomy and textiles. But home appliances simply do not fit in them.
For spacious and wide kitchens, linear installation is preferred. In this case, all the free space along the wall is occupied by the table-dresser. And it will be possible to store everything in such a cabinet. In this case, all the utensils will be hidden from prying eyes.
The island method of installation is the best for studio apartments. In this case, the table top itself is located in the middle of the room, and the drawers along its perimeter.
It is impossible to imagine today a modern kitchen without a floor cabinet with drawers. Due to the variety of designs, models and trends, absolutely everyone will be able to purchase for themselves exactly what they need.
The use of this furniture helps to competently, aesthetically beautiful and convenient to decorate the kitchen of any size. In addition, a great advantage of such bollards is the absence of significant drawbacks. After all, even if the store does not have a model of a cabinet that fits you in width, height or color, it can always be made to order, 50 cm wide and more. And using knowledge of kitchen zoning, types of floor pedestals and ways to install them, you can easily turn your kitchen into a beautiful and comfortable place in your home.