The success story of the English provincial engineer Kenneth Wood could begin in 1936, when he founded the company DicksonWood (later renamed) and started installing and repairing television and radio equipment. But it happened in the 47th: after returning from the war, Wood and his comrade Roger Lawrence established Woodlau Industries and produced - right in Wood’s garage - their first product, the A100 model toaster.
This breakthrough, not only for Wood, but also for the household appliances industry as a whole, happened in 1950, when the world's first universal kitchen machine, Chef, was published. To turn the mixer into a blender, it is enough to change the nozzle: although for us it is already an axiom, but then the nozzles were a discovery. The innovative technology of combining several devices in one compact instrument and an active approach to marketing Wood himself (“Either buy or enjoy to buy”) provided the company's products with the highest demand and long life.
What are juicers?
The expanding company (today Kenwood has more than 80 representative offices in 44 countries of the world, including all large European countries, the USA, Russia and China) has expanded its range. In particular, the following “Juser” lines appeared: Kenwood JE Vita Pro Active and JMP, i.e. series of centrifugal and screw mechanisms. Later this row was supplemented with special citrus juicers.
The most popular centrifugal juicers. This is due to the relatively low price and high spin speed. By the way, the scheme of their work is simple: the fruit, vegetable or berry is crushed and is inside the rotating container, where the pulp separates and becomes cake. In this case, the rotational speed is important, so that the oil cake is completely depressed. For hard and soft products, this speed is different. Kenwood Juicer has two speeds to “maximize profits” to the consumer.
More expensive screw models operate on a different principle. Fruits are processed in them much slower, but the drink turns out to be thicker and therefore more useful elements (which are contained in the pulp) remain. Moreover, such mechanisms are more compact (on the other hand, the whole apple cannot be shoved into them anymore) and consume less energy.
Conclusion: if you do not like to wait or you have a garden of 10 apple trees, it is better to take a centrifugal juicer.
Citrus presses deserve a separate discussion, depending on whether for some reason you are ready to confine yourself to a very narrow group of fresh juices. Imagine these reasons:
- Kitchen size: the unit is ideal for owners of the smallest and / or most full of various kitchen items.
- The desire to save electricity and / or money.
- Hot love for oranges and grapefruits and aversion to other fruits.
- You drink citrus juice, not because you love it, but because it is useful.
How to choose the right model
After analyzing the picture on the market, we decided that the following models deserve special attention:
- The JE 680 is the only centrifugal model without an APEX cleaning filter. More details about it below, but note that if you are going to take Kenwood, then it’s quite logical to get all the technological advantages even from the not very luxurious model in the series.
- JE 720, reliable, durable centrifugal with all the necessary gadgets. A synonym for Juser without any frills, including super power and the accompanying super-noise. An ideal choice for those who just want juice and do not like flesh.
- Monstrous (one and a half kilowatts of living power!) JE 850 will provide almost industrial production (and there will be as much noise, so get ready). With proper care, operation time goes far beyond any possible warranty period.
- An elegant JMP 800 will delight you every morning with a tasty and healthy drink, slowly made from fruits bought the day before. It would not have cost so much if it were not practically immortal: just wipe more often so that this decoration of the kitchen can be seen from afar.
- JE 730 - an intermediate option between price and quality, powerful enough (1000 W) unit, partly made of plastic (housing), partly - from stainless steel (sleeve). A good choice for those who have not yet decided whether he has 10 apples, but may soon get them.
- CPP TT Ksense is a citrus press. In its own way, the baby is not bad, and the size can be an advantage. For its category is perfectly equipped: anti-drip system, two speeds, two faceted cones: one for grapefruit, the other for something smaller. You can easily take with you to the country.
Let's take a closer look at the iron that makes us nectar. Or on plastic: depends on the price for which you have an assistant.
On each of the centrifugal devices can be installed (see the complete set!):
- For the best squeezing, the APEX cleaning filter is provided - a unique technology of the company.
- Special fan-shaped mesh for the filter, thanks to which the volume of the drink is greater. It can also be sold separately and fits all centrifugal models of this manufacturer.
- Skimmer: foam usually forms during the separation of liquid from the pulp. A useful thing if you do not want your juice to look like a dyed beer.
- Juice and oilcake / pulp containers have a different volume. Capacity for juice usually varies in the area from the 1st liter to one and a half. Cake containers for good centrifugal models - 3 liters. For the pulp of augers - a little more or as much as for juice.
Caring for the device does not cause inconvenience. Removable parts are prudently fitted to the dishwasher. Included with the juicer is a brush for cleaning.
The machine does not spill a drop, because has a protective anti-drop mechanism. On all models there is also protection against accidental switching on: the machine simply does not work until you work the latch.
Kenwood universal kitchen machines are also capable of extracting juice using a nozzle, but the price is much higher here. You will have to pay separately for a kitchen car (from 30 to 130 thousand rubles) and for a juicer attachment.
At the moment, if you do not take into account the purees for berries, which - theoretically - are able to make juice from the puree, in nature there is only KENWOOD AT 641. Its undoubted advantage is compatibility with almost any kitchen machine of this company, so if you already have one component in stock, and you want fresh juice in the morning - we advise you to think about modernization.
Two indisputable advantages of a kitchen car with a nozzle - compactness and variability. After acquiring the basic set, you can take the nozzles that will be useful to you, disregarding unclaimed parts, and then re-buy them, depending on need. We strongly advise experienced cooks and owners of narrow kitchens.
There is an interesting paradox: many of those who received the unit as a gift, the car itself is praised in reviews: in addition to technical advantages, they emphasize stability (even at the highest speeds), safety and ease of handling. But then the same people mention that they use it quite rarely or never used it at all.