Installation of the built-in refrigerator
Refrigerators are special units used by humans to maintain a certain temperature inside their chambers. This allows you to save the beneficial properties of many products and thus protect them from premature spoilage under the influence of heat.
Today, these products are not only official in nature, but also play an important role in the design of interiors. Gradually, among the variety of such structures, built-in models of refrigerators are gaining popularity.
Features and benefits
Built-in refrigeration units look like ordinary refrigerators, which are distinguished by several technical nuances:
- Dimensions. In most cases, the shape and size of such structures may differ from standard models. These characteristics can vary in a wide range, which allows you to mount structures both directly in long cabinets at full height, and small pedestals under the table top.
- Exterior panel design. Built-in refrigerators are made of special substances that allow to decorate their surfaces. Thus you can choose the color of the door under the basic design of kitchen furniture. Today, there are many types of these products on the market that can be selected for any type of interior.
Among the advantages of such technology are several of these characteristics:
- Low noise performance. Such designs are equipped with special soundproofing layers. The furniture itself also plays an important role in reducing the volume level, the material of which also incorporates a large number of sound and vibration vibrations.
- Efficiency. The design features of such refrigerators are characterized by low rates of electrical energy consumption. In most cases, built-in type refrigerators are class A +, and some models and below.
- Practicality. Built-in refrigeration systems can be installed anywhere in the house where there is a suitable furniture set. Please note that similar mechanisms are being used not only in everyday life, but also in many modern offices and business centers.
At the same time, they can be installed in both small and spacious kitchens with different ceiling heights.
- Versatility. Products fit perfectly into the interior, and a variety of designs gives you the opportunity to choose them to solve specific design problems.
Embedded refrigeration systems can be divided into 2 main types:
- Totally hidden. Designs of this type are hiding inside the headset, which allows not to disturb the basic design of furniture in the room. This approach is in most cases used with small refrigerators that are relatively easy to build inside the cabinet.
- Partially hidden. Such systems are characterized by the presence of an open front wall of the product, which is no longer hidden behind furniture. To give it the appropriate design, it can be painted in the desired color of the client or initially chosen for the overall style.
How to install
Technically built-in refrigerator is a common household appliance, which simply does not fit in a separate corner, but in a special niche made of wood and which is part of the kitchen unit.
Additionally, such structures are equipped with a specific set of fasteners:
- Furniture hinges. Used for mounting all opening doors and the refrigerator itself to the walls of the headset.
- Special holes and equipment fixture location. These parts should be located directly on the refrigerator itself.
Please note that installing fully embedded systems requires fixing the two door panels together. This can be done as rigidly with the help of loops, as well as with special rollers that allow hanging the facades. The movement of the door leafs in the latter type of systems is carried out by the method of displacement along guides, which makes such a bundle not rigid.
Before installation, the correct location of this system should be chosen.
You can do this, given a few simple rules:
- The floor surface or pedestal support must be flat., to eliminate the leveling of the refrigerator using linings or strong twisting of the legs.
- If the design is fully integrated, it is installed in such a way as to allow the smooth and full opening of doors, as well as ventilation.
- Built-in refrigerators do not recommend to have butt to other similar structures (microwave, gas stove). If the system is small and located in the lower cabinet, it is also undesirable to place any cooking surfaces above it.
The editing algorithm can be divided into several successive steps:
- The location of the refrigerator inside the cabinets. Please note that the size of the box must be larger than the product itself in all planes. In this case, you need to put the design in the kitchen set so that on the sides between the walls there are small gaps from 4 to 6 cm, depending on the side. In no case should not tightly join the rear surface.
To ensure an optimal level of air supply, you should additionally arrange several holes at the bottom and sides. Note that if the refrigerator is large, then the best option would be to install a special fan inside the box.
- Fastening structures. Often this happens directly with the side walls and the doors themselves. At the same time special loops, guides and other types of fasteners are used, which must be present in the set for each device. Initially, you need to sheathe door systems or, if necessary, mount the walls together. After that, it is imperative to adjust the door and check how securely it is mounted.
- Electrical connection. This is done using a regular power cord. To solve this problem, you must first prepare special channels through which the cable will be connected to the outlet. It all depends on the particular model of cabinets and refrigerator, mounted in the kitchen.
All processes of installation of refrigerators of this kind should be carried out in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer and slowly, since removing the product from an already assembled system will be problematic.
How to make embedded from the usual
The cost of embedded technology is much higher, which does not always allow many buyers to make this purchase. To solve this problem, many of them use the non-rebuilt refrigerator as an attribute of the interior, placing it inside the furniture.
It should be noted that performing such operations is not always a reasonable solution, since such mechanisms require the creation of optimal working conditions. Therefore, before you do the appropriate actions, be sure to consult with a specialist.
You can integrate an ordinary refrigerator in several ways:
- Making suitable furniture. To place the structure, you need to purchase a cabinet or wardrobe, which not only fit the design of the kitchen, but also can fit inside the desired element of the interior.
- Location in the doorway. An alternative method is to install the refrigerator in the previously provided place. After this, the construction is already made from both sides by the furniture itself.
- Separate location. To give the product a general color scheme, you need to repaint or decorate the surface of the refrigerator according to the specific style of the room.
Please note that such approaches do not always allow to solve the problem with this type of technology. Therefore, if you want to get not only a beautiful, but also a reliable system, you should give preference to special products that are adapted to work inside closed containers.
Interesting ideas in interior design
Built-in refrigerators are excellent attributes of the interior. With their help, you can create unique designs, conditionally dividing the kitchen into several zones. Some models can be easily disguised without embedding, highlighting certain nuances of the room.
Today, rustic kitchens made of natural wood are very popular.
This material is not only beautiful, but also environmentally friendly. It is very easy to add a similar design to the refrigerator with the help of special panels that will perfectly fit into the main interior.
Some of the designers install decorative handles and covers on the surface, which turn them outwardly into ordinary kitchen cabinet doors. Many manufacturers initially give refrigerators a unique matte or chrome color that fits into most modern interiors.
Please note that to decorate the doors of this design can be different. One of the interesting solutions is an imitation on such a surface under the entrance to the pantry. Therefore, in order to create beautiful and practical kitchens with built-in refrigerators, you should experiment a little and choose a specific design.