Sloping kitchen hoods
When the equipment is updated for the kitchen, the stove and the hood are installed first. The modern market offers a huge selection of instruments for air purification. One of their newest models are slant hoods.
Differences inclined hood from the traditional
The name of these extracts speaks for itself. The working surface, in contrast to the ordinary, is located at an angle to the plate. This makes it possible to increase the space above the hob. Nothing prevents standing near the stove.
In order to make the working panel look presentable, the designers made every effort. The result was an extract of modern design, using materials such as ceramics, glass, plastic and metal.
There are models with a touch control panel and an LCD screen.
Her work is simple. Inclined hoods draw air around the perimeter through small holes. The laws of aerodynamics work here - the air, passing through narrow cuts, accelerates. In this case, the fat does not accumulate on the surface of the hood, but directly into the filter.
In addition, all innovative technologies are used in inclined hoods:
- Work hood almost unheard of. The hood works very quietly. The noise level does not exceed 40 decibels.
- Great performance with low power consumption. The optimal suction level will easily clean the air in your kitchen, and economical energy consumption will help reduce costs.
- Convenient control panel. Easy to control functions, in addition, some models have a remote control, which will be especially convenient in the kitchen-living room.
- Automated management process, it is possible to program the on and off, which will also lead to saving resources and money.
- Easy and simple to install. Installation will not cause any questions, everyone will be able to install an inclined hood, even without experience.
Modern inclined extractor hood is not only an air purifier, but also a stylish accessory for the kitchen. And its ergonomics will allow to place this device on any, even the smallest kitchen.
Varieties of models and sizes
The range of this product is very wide. You can choose a sloping hood for every taste and budget. There are three types of slant hoods that differ in the method of work.
- Exhaust, taking air from the kitchen, simply removes it through ventilation, thereby freeing up space for fresh air. According to this principle, the usual horizontal hoods work. This type of cleaning is the most effective, although it requires working ventilation with an appropriate pass-through capacity for a given hood, otherwise the air absorbed by the device will go through ventilation to other rooms.
- Recycling hood. Taking air, passes it through a number of filters, releases it back cleaned. Such an extract is advantageous in that it does not need a connection to the ventilation. That is, firstly, there will not be an air duct, and secondly, there is no need to have a working ventilation system close to it. This type of inclined hoods will perfectly cope with the tasks set for it, provided that filters are replaced in a timely manner.
- Mixed type. You program this type of hood yourself, depending on what working conditions you need. This is especially true when performing various works in the kitchen, because the power of air purification is different, you fry meatballs, or cook vegetables for a couple.
Inclined hoods are also available in various sizes. And your choice should be based on the volume of the kitchen, as well as on the equipment and design.
- Small hoods with a size of 55 cm are suitable for compact cooking surfaces on two burners.
- For a standard kitchen in panel houses, where the plate size is usually 60 cm and the hood should be chosen the same size.
In areas where they cook a lot and for a long time, you need a model with a powerful motor that can drive as much air through you as possible. In such rooms it is recommended to install an inclined hood with an increased size from 70 cm to 80 cm.
The variety of colors is also great. Here and standard white, beige, silver hoods, and deep red. You can find or order and devices of other colors or with an ornament. But still the most popular color today for slanting hoods is and remains black. In this color scheme, this device is similar to a LCD TV screen. It fits easily into the interior of any kitchen.
In addition, some models of inclined hoods change the angle of inclination of the working face, which allows you to translate it into a practically vertical position.
The materials from which the inclined hoods are made are also diverse, but the most popular are glass. They look great and are easy to clean.
Principle of operation and installation
There are three principles of working with oblique hoods:
- air exhaust;
- air cleaning;
- mixed version.
On what type of your electrical installation depends on its installation. In any case, it will be no more difficult than installing a traditional horizontal hood, but somewhere easier. To install the first and third type of inclined hoods, you must connect them to the ventilation system of your house.
But consider everything in order:
- Mount the inclined hood on the wall. This is done with the help of a drill and dowels. For fire safety, it is allowed to install the hood at a height of 60 cm from the hob, if the stove is gas, and 50 cm, if electric.
- We equip the air outlet to the ventilation with an air pipe, taking into account that each bend on it reduces the exhaust performance by 10%, so the best option is to connect the device to the ventilation directly without bends and long shafts.
When installing an inclined hood, it is worth considering the fact that when it is working, the ventilation pipe vibrates, so a small space should be provided between the air duct and the ceiling frame, in order to avoid overwriting the latter.
The second item is not useful if you are installing a kitchen hood with an air purification system. The whole process of destruction of dirt and odor in this device takes place inside the case, and there is no need to connect to the ventilation system. The only thing that this species needs is an electrical outlet.
Some kitchen designs imply a slant hood mount to the ceiling. The design feature allows it. But if you mount the slant hood to the ceiling, check the installation is secure.
Anyone who chooses a slant hood is concerned with the question whether such a device with an air purification system will cope with the task. According to numerous reviews, an inclined hood, whatever the cleaning system it is, copes with the destruction of dirt and odors no worse than ordinary horizontal devices. But her soundless work puts her one step above ordinary hoods. In addition, the design of inclined hoods is beyond praise.
The only disadvantage of this type of device is its high price. But even here you can find models that do not cost so much.
Company Krona has long established itself in the market of kitchen appliances. At the moment, and she is engaged in the production of inclined hoods. The price of the product of this company is very democratic and is suitable even for a small budget, and the model range is extensive, and almost everyone will find in it the hood that he dreamed of.
Design designs in the interior
Every day the popularity of oblique hoods is growing, displacing air purifiers for the kitchen with a horizontal work surface to the background. Perhaps the main point in the interior, when the possibility of installing a horizontal hood is missing, is the placement of cabinets above the hob. In this case, only the usual horizontal hood will do. In other cases, the possibility of replacing the inclined hood exists, and in some moments it is even necessary.
The installation of an inclined hood would be appropriate in any stylistic decisions from classical cuisine to avant-garde. If the interior of your kitchen is made in the style of hi-tech or minimalism - an inclined hood with its modern design will be the best solution. Made of metal, it has a clear geometric shape that will look great in the kitchen space of these styles.
Inclined hood with a curved hemisphere will add a geometric accent to a modern kitchen design.
In the kitchen of modern style fit slant glass hood. White, beige or black - depends on the color of your kitchen and the room as a whole.
Inclined hood with a print will be the central accent in the interior of the kitchen calm tones.
Red hood is suitable for kitchens that use the classic combination of black - red.
Get a slant hood in a frame for a classic kitchen interior, and it will symbolize the picture in a baguette. Also, it would be nice to look hood, turning into a protective panel for the stove, carrying in itself additional functionality.
Even in the smallest kitchen, an inclined hood with a self-cleaning air system will wonderfully fit in without obstructing the room with a ventilation box.
The most pleasant thing about modern devices is that they themselves will tell you about the need to clean them. This also applies to sloping hoods. Inside they are special sensors that calculate the air flow through the filters, and report on the achievement of the minimum allowable value for the corresponding indicator. You will need to change the filter.
Cleaning the hood itself also does not cause much trouble. You just need to rub the hood with a cloth and remove fatty deposits. Do not use abrasive substances or melamine sponges, as the surface of oblique extracts is often glossy, you can easily scratch it, and the gloss of the coating will disappear.
Modern inclined extractor is not only a high-tech device for air purification from dirt and odors, but also an additional accessory in interior design, its refined forms and unsurpassed style will give a unique look to your kitchen.