- Advantages and disadvantages
- Criterias of choice
- Number of speeds
- Pleasant trifles
- What we use
- Browse popular models
- Customer Reviews
Most of us know what an immersion blender is and how to use it, but not everyone has an idea of how it works, and even more so - how to choose it correctly. All the subtleties and nuances of choice consider below.
Advantages and disadvantages
A blender is a universal mechanism that can replace several kitchen tools at once: a meat grinder, a mixer and a food processor. Not surprisingly, there are several varieties of it. Separation, as a rule, is in form and purpose. Some are slightly lighter, others are slightly more powerful. But the most versatile model is considered a hand blender.
The immersed blender fits in the hand: it consists of knife blades, a nozzle and the main part - a handle. Due to the fact that it must be kept on weight during use, it is light and easy to use.
The handle is rubberized with a specific purpose: so that when activated, the blender is fixed in the hand. The panel is right at hand, so as not to cause inconvenience.
It is believed that the higher the power, the larger the size of the device. However, this is misleading. Often, portable and compact devices have the best performance, and massive combines use their minimum capacity. So it turns out that a good appliance does not have to occupy half of the kitchen in order to perform everything at once: mix, beat, prick and cut.
This is what distinguishes the immersion blender from all other types - with a small size and convenient form, it is the most functional model.
The advantages of the manual model:
- small size - blender is easy to store in the kitchen, in the dining room or just in the locker. Having such indicators, it easily fits in a table or drawer, and sometimes can hang on the kitchen wall. Ideal for small spaces;
- multifunctionality. Due to the special design, the model has a large number of possibilities. From the mixer took the function of processing the soup in mashed potatoes, whipping cream for ice cream and cream for cakes. From the combine - splitting the ice, and from the meat grinder - grinding hard and soft products;
- availability of additional attachments - in the set to the device itself there is always a number of additional grinders (a special bowl, inside which the hardest products are ground), nozzles and measuring mugs. Nozzles are necessary for various cutting. For example, using a knife that cuts into cubes, you can easily chop vegetables for salad, and if you use small teeth, make minced meat from meat;
- speed of action - almost all models have good power and are equipped with a “Pulse” button, thanks to which in one second you can grind or beat vegetables or fruits to the desired consistency. Submersible models can be used to prepare baby food directly in pots and other dishes. Therefore, mobility is another plus;
- self adjustment - the manual model is distinguished by the presence of several modes and speeds - it is possible to choose the degree of grinding or cutting at will. The buttons are located on the panel right at hand, which makes it possible to quickly change modes and control the process of grinding or kneading.
Disadvantages of the manual model:
- low power - since the manual models are the most compact of all, the power they have in a limited range - 400-800 watts. This means that cope with their functions blender will be slightly worse than the others. However, this does not apply to all models of the submersible type;
- function limitations - due to its design, the device can not cope with chopping nuts or ice. Cooking cocktails and smoothies using a hand blender is longer than stationary;
- inconvenience in use - The use of a submersible model is a bit tedious: it must always be held in hand. If it is necessary to process a large amount of product, it can cause certain difficulties - the hand can get tired and swell.
Criterias of choice
To understand how to choose the right blender, you need to answer a series of questions: what exactly is a blender bought for? How often will it be used? And what is the most reasonable price? Given the answers, it will be much easier to understand the intricacies of the functional. For a successful purchase, you must take into account the following criteria: power, capabilities, nozzles, noiselessness, as well as work from the wire or battery.
As a rule, this indicator gives an immediate understanding of how quickly the hand blender will work, what exactly is included in its function and how much speed it has. Power can be from 150 to 1300 W:
- small figure. In this category are models from 150 to 240 watts. Only soft foods such as bananas or tomatoes are prepared and minced. The mechanical engine is capable of processing baby food. If the blender will not be used often, but only as needed, then models of this level can be used. In the set go without bowl and have a direct drive;
- average rate. Blenders in this category have a capacity of 240-650 W, and it is already easy to process meat into minced meat and frozen foods into crumb. However, it should be understood that such mini devices are capable of twisting stuffing roughly. No model will make the texture of minced meat uniform. Models with a capacity of 600 watts come with a shredder, have several nozzles and a measuring cup;
- normal rate. If you plan to use the blender for splitting ice and grinding coffee beans, then you need power from 650 to 1000 watts. This is the optimum power for continuous use. These models are capable of processing products several times faster and better. Models with a capacity of 700 watts - have an insert with a coffee grinder. A set with a blender comes with a grater, a container for products and a stand for fastening on the table;
- high rate. The power of such blenders from 950 to 1200 watts. They are characterized by almost all the functions of a food processor and the ability to perform a huge number of actions. These models are additional nozzles for kneading dough.
Number of speeds
A hand blender can have (do not believe, but it is true) up to 24 speeds! The most popular models have 6-8 speeds, but what is more for them? And in order to replace the whole kitchen set with one device.
Often there is a special button-regulator on the panel - with it it is much easier to control the grinding process.
Pulse grinding button will work correctly, depending on the force pressing it, but this is not very convenient. Types of devices may vary, but all have turbo mode. With it, you can go to maximum speed in one second. According to experts, this button is not as important as the manufacturers give it.
Additional tools that enhance the blender can be of several types:
- leg - This is the main part that is available to the hand blender. Consists of an elongated part, at the end of which the blades under a small dome (this is protection against splashing products). Leg mounting can be made of metal or plastic. The first is more expensive and high-quality, not afraid of bumps and hot drinks. The second one looks simple, much cheaper, but deteriorates quickly and, as a rule, is used with graters. Regardless of what material will be selected, the nozzle should be simple and easy to use;
- whisk - used for beating liquid (and not very) products. It can be in the form of a spiral and consist of metal rods, as well as come with an additional nozzle. The characteristics of the blender are improved several times, if not one, but two halos are present in the set. Such a tool can be used not only in the attached bowl, but also in any dish;
- chopper - This is a circle, which may have a different volume. Blades and an electric tripod are installed in the center. By connecting the bowl with the base of the handle, you can get a stationary blender. In addition to the bowl, various blades can also be used to cut food into cubes, slices or slices. Thanks to this nozzle, the device easily copes with the shredder;
- grinder - a small container with knives. Used for grinding coffee beans, spices and other solid products into powder;
- vacuum type pump - used for containers with a base for storing products. It creates a vacuum environment, thanks to which products are stored for a long time. In the standard set there is a brine of containers. If necessary, they can be easily purchased;
- the wire - if available, it is necessary that it be as long as possible, and if possible, be drawn inward when turned off. However, manufacturers go further than simply hiding a wire - to its absence: there is a wireless type of model. It is also electric, only powered by an internal battery, and not by wired electricity. The battery type charges quickly. Unfortunately, in the absence of a constant power source, you can lose most of the functions, and the power of such blenders is never higher than 800 watts.
Differences can relate to both the handle itself and nozzles. For example, the handle of higher-quality models is fully rubberized - so the device does not slip in your hand. Models of submersible type are presented in a metal case or with a plastic base. It is better to choose stainless steel - it will last much longer. Plastic models are easier and easier to use.
As a rule, devices do not have a large size and are presented in various colors - even red.
In addition to the basic attachments, there are unusual additions that are used for the design and convenience of the device in the kitchen:
- wall mount - used for quick and convenient placement on any of the walls in the kitchen. It is possible to install not only a blender, but also all the nozzles that come with the kit, of course, except for the large ones. The mount is attached to almost any blender;
- stand - used instead of wall fixing. Usually presented in a stylish design and complements the design of the kitchen;
- measuring bowl - A nice bonus in order to understand how much a product is used. It is applied with the main nozzle;
- rubber grip - A very nice little thing that fixes the blender in your hand.
What we use
Since a blender is a great opportunity and not very good performance (which is rare), its use can be very different. What he does:
- cuts - using special knives and a chopping bowl, you can chop the vegetables, fruits and frozen foods into cubes, cut them into cubes or slices;
- whipping - used to make air meringues or marshmallows. You can beat the texture for pancakes and pancakes, prepare pancakes or biscuits with this function. To do this, a special whisk must be attached to the device;
- kneads - with the help of additional nozzles, you can knead the dough of any consistency. In this case, a blender is a replacement for the mixer. Nozzle with wide cavities is required. The purpose of such a nozzle is very versatile - at high speed it is used for cocktails in large quantities. This feature is ideal for a restaurant;
- chops up - thanks to the cup, which is included in the set, it is possible to grind the hardest products: ice, nuts and dried fruits, grind coffee and turn meat into stuffing;
- puree - One of the standard features that is used when activating the main leg of the blender. With the help of the same mode, on a smaller power, you can make a small grinding of fruits and vegetables for salad;
- wring out - with the help of this function, you can even prepare fresh juice or juice, as long as a special nozzle and a small filter are attached. In this case, the device chops fruits and vegetables with sharp blades, passing the mass through the filter.
Browse popular models
In order to form a holistic view of the immersion blenders, you need to compare the characteristics of popular manufacturers, read the reviews, and only then go to the store for your own, thereby blender, which will serve faithfully. Producer countries are different - depending on where the model was assembled, its quality and service life will depend. It is necessary to compare: from the most reliable and high-quality devices to affordable ones.
Braun MQ 5045 WH Aperitive
The handheld device from the German company Braun from the Multiquick 5 series has already become a classic of quality and performance. The design of the blender is strict and concise - just what you need for a kitchen in a modern design. There are no extra details in the design. There is only a production capacity - 750 watts, stainless steel case, internal mechanism, and sharp blades.
Using MQ 5045 WH Aperitive is a pleasure - the elements on the handle are arranged in such a way that you can control the speed of rotation of the blade with one finger tap. Without letting go of the device, you can turn on the turbo mode, change the nozzle or just turn it off. The kit includes:
- main handle nozzle;
- beaker with measuring symbols - 600 ml;
- nozzle blades. One is used for cutting food, the other is for crushing ice
The advantages of the model include:
- reliable performance;
- effective use;
- 2 years warranty.
By cons include:
- increased cost;
- little whisk.
The cost of a blender varies: from 5900 to 6500 rubles.
Philips HR 1672
The device is a premium class from a European company. A power of 800 watts provides excellent functionality. The design of the blender allows you to easily cope with almost any task, helps to prepare a large number of dishes.
Advantages of the HR 1672 model:
- patented ProMix technology. The knives are twisted in a triangle, so it is possible to grind and grind any product in a short time. And the shape of the wave-like type allows you to keep the mixture inside the bowl, without splashing it;
- titanium coating knives. This material has several times more durability compared to stainless steel for analogs;
- SpeedTouch control function. With this mode, it is possible to adjust the speed of rotation of the knives, and hence the shredding method, in one press;
- large volume shredder - 100 ml. It can be used to process cheeses, chocolate, herbs, nuts and meat products;
- corolla - suitable for cooking not only lush consistencies, but also mixing thick sauces.
- high power and easy handling;
- a triangular glass and a large number of nozzles in the set;
- build quality;
- 2 years warranty.
- high price;
- high price of accessories.
Cost: from 5,000 to 5,800 rubles.
Bosch ErgoMixx - MSM6 7170
Another German manufacturer that deserves special attention. The difference between Bosch and Braun is small - only in design and technology. In general, they have more of a similar: beautiful design, excellent quality, steel body and many additional features of manual models. The main advantage of the ErgoMixx MSM6 7170 model is a thorough and thoroughly designed construction. The device is perfect for both left-handers and right-handers.
Advantages: has a balanced weight of gravity, and the handle is covered with a special material for convenient use. Blender power - 750 watts. There are 12 modes and several speeds, so you can change the shredding speed with one touch.
- knives of a special form from stainless steel;
- measuring cup with a high neck;
- whisk in the set;
- knife unique design for chopping ice;
- 2 years warranty.
- small bowl;
- increased noise when used.
The average cost is 4300 - 4600 rubles.
Available blender from a quality manufacturer. Characteristic features of the MX-SS1 are smooth shifting and a pleasant hand cover at the base. It has a power of 600 watts. On the panel - the buttons are presented very close to the hand, which gives usability and fast switching of 5 speeds. The model's noise level is average, and the device can only be turned on with a certain effort - this is done specifically to protect the user from accidentally activating the device.
The kit includes:
- measuring bowl;
- special type shredder;
- several nozzles;
- wall mount.
- fine quality of crushing and crushing;
- safe use;
- the design can be installed on the wall.
- a large corolla;
- low speeds;
- small power.
Average price: 3500 - 4500 rubles.
Production and quality device from the company Electrolux is not inferior to their counterparts.
Country of origin - Switzerland, which has a reputation as one of the highest quality countries for the production of small household appliances. The blender has a turbo mode, several speeds and power of 500 watts. In addition, it is additionally attached to a wall mount, and the cord has an increased length of almost two meters. From the nozzles - the whisk.
Advantages of the blender:
- steel case;
- additional protective nozzle;
- rubber grip.
- easy to use;
- perfectly beat cocktails;
- does not require additional care.
- small power;
- one nozzle;
- small measuring cup.
Domestic analogue of more expensive foreign models. With a power of 400 watts and a plastic casing, it nevertheless has a large number of nozzles, graters, and additional blades. The grinder itself is made of fiberglass, of large volume and with several levels for nozzles and graters - a reliable component of the blender. In addition, the set includes a special book with recipes, which is written for beginners. It presents not only interesting recipes, but also a brief introduction to the functions of this blender. This booklet helps to maximize the functionality of the device.
- whisk for mixing;
- large measuring bowl;
- several graters;
- a book with recipes.
- lightweight design;
- ease of use;
- a huge number of the most various nozzles;
- a book with recipes included;
- turbo button;
- prefix for placement of all nozzles.
- small holes for installing add-ons;
- low power (because of this, it does not finely grind products).
The cost varies greatly and depends on the hardware store: from 4900 to 7000 rubles.
Another submersible blender of high-quality performance from the Russian manufacturer is Saturn. The device has several advantages, for example, a reasonable price, a metal case (which is very important for a long service life), and a nozzle. It has a power of 400 watts and two speeds. In addition, in the functional there is another mode: pulsed. Keeping in a fairly limited budget, the company has equipped this mechanism with a maximum of opportunities.
Switching speeds quickly, and management is as comfortable as possible.
Convenient removal of nozzles and quick shredding play a big role when choosing a blender. These are the virtues that the mechanism possesses. If the device is planned to be used infrequently, and with certain goals, then you can pay attention to it. And sometimes, paying attention can end with a purchase.
- metal case;
- several nozzles;
- beater whisk;
- shredder in the set.
- ease of use;
- small weight;
- one-touch ability to switch speeds.
- small power;
- low speeds;
- the small size of the measuring cup and chopper.
Average cost: from 1500 to 2000 rubles.
According to customer comments, each model has its own small pluses. If you choose the choice consciously, you can purchase a blender that will serve for years. Based on numerous reviews, we can conclude that this is exactly what the Braun MQ 5045 WH Aperitive model is. In it note the productive capacity, quick shredding, grinding and splitting ice. For many vegans, it is an excellent device that makes smoothies in a few seconds.
In the Philips HR 1672 model, buyers note its strength of action: the device is easy to make mincemeat, and air creams and light smoothies turn out well with a bang. In addition, the blender finely chops nuts. The disadvantages include the high cost of attachments and additional accessories (sometimes from 7,000 rubles). According to reviews, this is a great model for a full and simplified preparation of various dishes in the kitchen.
Another excellent representative of kitchen appliances with versatile functions, according to reviews - this is Bosch ErgoMixx MSM6 7170. It is economical, fast and has easy switching speeds. Users praise its mechanical performance: you can remove and change the nozzles with one touch, and you can clean it in a few seconds. As buyers say, it breaks very rarely and is distinguished by a long service life - from 5 years.
Many people advise not to save on the purchase of a blender: the quality, as a rule, corresponds to the price.
Therefore, for the best and long use, it is necessary to consider blenders from 2500 rubles. Those that are lower in price have, as a rule, a plastic case, limited functions and are not suitable for everyday use. Therefore, low cost can only be considered if the blender will be used on holidays.