How to use the coffee machine?
The 21st century is a time of advanced technologies and a high degree of automation in many processes. “Smart” household appliances help modern housewives to wash dishes, quickly cook a variety of dishes, clean up the house, raise children. Many things have become more accessible at home.
And in order to enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee, now you don’t need to go to a coffee shop or pore over the Turk - just buy one of the wonderful new-fashioned devices — a coffee machine for the house and learn how to use it properly.
Depending on the modification and the availability of certain functions, the following types of coffee machines are distinguished:
- Carob (holder). Used to make espresso coffee. Easy to operate, have a fairly reliable design, affordable. Functions in such units are not very many. Most often they are limited by the ability to adjust the vapor pressure and water temperature;
- Capsular (chaldovye). Are in great demand than the previous form. Love for them is due to the fact that for the preparation of a drink with their help, ready-made capsules containing ground coffee are used. All you need to do is to pour the required amount of water into the car, insert the capsule and press the power button;
- Combined view. More and more coffee machines appear on the market with signs of both varieties. However, acquiring such a device, remember that the more functions it has, the greater the chance of a breakdown and the more expensive the repair will be. Although sometimes the advantages of the operation of this modern device are more than cover all the disadvantages;
- Gas coffee machine. Separate view, intended for professional use in catering establishments. This unit is equipped with a gas cylinder that provides heating of the water tank. Works such a machine from the mains or battery.
- Cappuccinator This is not a type of coffee machine, but rather a pleasant bonus that almost all devices are equipped with. It is intended for making milk froth that is present in such types of coffee as cappuccino or macchiato. The principle of its work is to heat the milk with steam and then beat it up to obtain a foam.
Of course, when you buy a coffee machine, you will receive a complete instruction, which will spell out all the details of its operation. However, there is a certain algorithm of actions that is the same for the installation of all units:
- Take the device out of the box and put it where it will stand in the future;
- Pre-clean all containers from dust;
- Connect the machine to the mains and water supply (if provided for by the design);
- Next, press the power button. At first (about 15 first seconds) the car may make noise;
- Fill the tank with cold water;
- Adjust the heating level. Each coffee machine has such a regulator with a gradation from the lowest to the maximum possible temperature. To prepare the drink, choose the value of 90-98 degrees;
- Boil the water once and drain it, then reintroduce cold water into the container;
- Set the required amount of water to one cup of the drink;
- Depending on the type of the coffee machine, pour grain or already ground coffee into the built-in coffee grinder, or insert the finished capsule into the compartment provided for this;
- Indicate the amount of raw materials needed to produce one cup of coffee (if provided for by the instructions);
- Choose a cup from which you will drink the drink, wash it with hot water and put it under the nozzle;
- Select the desired type of coffee and set the desired program for its preparation. In half a minute he will be ready;
- More expensive models of coffee machines are programmed to memorize recipes for making coffee. Those that are simpler will require additional manipulations;
- 15 minutes after the end of operation, the device will go into standby mode.
Cleaning the coffee machine
If you want to enjoy delicious freshly brewed coffee for a long time, learn how to properly care for your coffee machine. The main "scourge" of all devices - scum. The second very important issue is the contamination of the machine filters with coffee residues, oils, and milk flakes. Therefore, from time to time the device must be thoroughly cleaned. Some machines have the ability to automatically clean. In this case, the process is easy and simple. However, this function is not in every unit. In case of its absence, you must perform the following actions:
- Turn off the machine and unplug it from the electrical outlet;
- Industrial waste is collected in a certain place where it is necessary to pour water with a decalcification agent added to it (it can be in the form of a liquid or tablets);
- Turn on the coffee machine and let it work for a quarter of an hour;
- Disconnect the device again, pour out the dirty water;
- Pour clean water, turn on the machine;
- These actions must be performed again and again until the container is completely empty;
- In the absence of special means for decalcification, it can be replaced with a solution of citric acid or vinegar. The action algorithm will not change.
A coffee machine is primarily a household appliance. It runs on a power outlet and contains a large amount of hot liquid and steam. Therefore, in its operation it is important to follow these rules:
- Do not grab hands on the exit holes of the machine. - it is fraught with serious burns from hot water or steam;
- In general, be careful and do not touch the car without need, do not open the tanks of the machine just turned off, as there may be unused boiling water;
- If you do not use the unit - turn it off and unplug it;
- If there is a problem wiring, Get a special protective adapter that will protect the machine from power surges.
Consider which firms produce coffee machines for home use and are considered the best in this market segment:
- DeLonghi. One of the mastodons of the world market of home appliances from sunny Italy. The technology of this brand is famous for its high quality;
- Jura. The Swiss company, which focuses on the technology for the preparation of coffee at home and at the scale of catering;
- Saeco. Brand, known for the fact that under his name was released the first automatic coffee machine;
- Krups. German company with more than a century of history. With its help, many innovations have been introduced concerning the additional upgrade of coffee machines;
- Vitek. Domestic manufacturer, captivating consumers with a combination of sufficiently high quality and affordable product prices;
- Siemens. Almost legendary manufacturer of household appliances. This company has made a huge contribution to the improvement of the design of coffee machines;
- Bork. Another Russian brand. Bork equipment is successfully sold not only domestically but also around the world;
- Polaris. Despite the fact that under this brand products manufactured in China are sold, it is of high quality and has a good service life. And in combination with a low price, a very attractive tandem is available that is accessible to the average consumer;
- Sanusy. The country of origin of this brand is Austria. A huge selection of various products, recognizable appearance, high quality and favorable price - these are the characteristics of this technology.
Coffee making recipes
So, you have decided on the brand and type of your coffee machine, purchased it and installed it. It remains only to do what, in fact, the apparatus was purchased for - to make a cup of aromatic coffee. We will share with you some popular recipes:
- Espresso. Classic and basic. To make one cup of this drink, take 7 g of finely ground grains and about 70 ml of water. It should be a substance, in its structure resembling syrup. Sweeten the drink as desired. To make a double serving, simply double the dose of the original ingredients;
- Cappuccino To get this type of coffee, first prepare the base - make a classic espresso. It will be 1/3 of the desired result. Take a 180 ml mug. Beat the milk in the cappuccino maker. Pour it into a container with ready-made espresso, put milk froth on top and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Milk fat should be at least 1%;
- Latte Follow the same steps as in the previous recipe, just take the milk fatter - about 3.2%. Chocolate or ground cinnamon can be poured over the foam.