If the kitchen has a small area, it should still be functional. To make it convenient for the hostess to cook food, everything should be at hand. Once, back in the twenties of the last century, the rule of the working triangle in the kitchen was defined, three work centers - a sink, a stove, a desk. Now they include a refrigerator here, because this is the most important functional unit required by the hostess.
The refrigerator is an important part of the kitchen, so you need to try to find a place for it in a small kitchen.
The main rule of selection of furniture for a small kitchen is its maximum functionality with minimum dimensions. A small kitchen with a fridge will not look cluttered at the same time if you choose one of the furniture placement options recommended by designers.
The arrangement of furniture along one wall is convenient for the hostess: everything is at hand. At the same time, as a rule, there is a sink in the corner, then a small work desk and stove, then a refrigerator is installed — in a small kitchen, as in the photo — this is the best option. Between the stove and the refrigerator you need to leave at least a small distance.
Freestanding fridge can be placed by the window
To make the furniture set look like a single whole, a single podium is installed under the refrigerator and the rest of the furniture. If you want to completely mask the technique - you can close its facade with cabinet doors or insert it into a niche prepared in furniture.
With the linear arrangement of the kitchen unit, you can pre-equip a comfortable niche for a refrigerator
A convenient version of the arrangement of kitchen furniture - the corner, then the sink is located in the corner, then along one wall will be a desktop, stove. In this case, the location of the refrigerator in a small kitchen, as shown in our photos, can vary - at the window as an extension of a straight wall, or at another wall. In this case, the arrangement corresponds to the rule of the triangle - the stove, sink, and refrigerator are located in its corners.
Sink can be placed next to the refrigerator
Where to put the refrigerator
How to place a refrigerator in a small kitchen is well represented in the photo. Despite the small dimensions of the kitchen, you can find the opportunity. It is necessary to know where the refrigeration unit can not be put:
- In the immediate vicinity of the stove - gas, electric.
- Near the battery or other heating device. Air temperature drops will quickly disable the refrigerator.
- Near the sink - excessive humidity also negatively affects the normal operation of the refrigerator.
- To the place where direct sunlight strikes.
Most often, a refrigerator in a small kitchen is placed in a corner by the window.
Important! Overheating, temperature drops are disastrous for the refrigerator.
On this basis, the choice of a place where you can place a refrigerator in a small kitchen, at first glance, is not large. However, within a small space, you can find a place where it will not look like an alien object.
If there is not enough space for a refrigerator in the kitchen, you can find a non-standard shaped refrigerator.
In a niche
A niche can be created by the kitchen itself. If it is small, it is possible that a large unit in a small kitchen will fit together, such as in the photo, it is important to choose the right size.
In a small kitchen, you can provide a niche in the headset under the convenient location of the refrigerator
A niche can be foreseen when ordering a kitchen set for kitchen sizes:
- If the refrigerator is high, an open shelf or a mezzanine can be provided on top;
- If you chose a small unit, small cabinets can be provided at the bottom, under the fridge - for example, for storing potatoes and vegetables.
Built-in appliances look very neat and almost invisible in the kitchen interior.
Another good option for installing refrigeration equipment is to install it under the kitchen window. Very convenient option if your kitchen is located near the balcony or loggia.
By removing the block under the window, in the resulting opening, you can place a small refrigerating chamber in the resulting opening.
However, at the same time it is necessary to treat its choice carefully, because most of the options presented on the market are of vertical type.
You can close the refrigerator with the doors of the kitchen unit, then it will become a uniform element of the furniture "wall".
Under the table
A small refrigerator can be placed under the countertop of the desktop in the kitchen, or in the island table. In this case, it is possible to choose three variants of the technique:
- Only a small refrigerator;
- Refrigerator with a small freezer;
- Two separate units - refrigeration and freezing, one of which can be taken out of the kitchen.
The built-in refrigerator in a small kitchen, as seen in the photo, blends in harmoniously with the interior, without disturbing the overall design.
Outside the kitchen
If your kitchen is bordered by a balcony or a loggia, an excellent option is to carry the unit there, then there will be no question where to put the refrigerator in a small kitchen. The photo shows how well you can position the refrigerator, removing it outside the kitchen area.
Important! Take out the refrigerator on the glazed balcony or loggia is possible, only pre-warming them.
You can take out the refrigeration unit not only to the balcony: having placed it in a room or hallway, you will save space in a small kitchenette, but at the expense of convenience. In this case, you need to think about the fact that there he did not look like an alien object. All that was previously said about the possibility of disguising a refrigerator in a niche or behind the doors is appropriate here.
Kinds of refrigerators
It turns out that there are various options for placing the refrigerator in a small kitchen, as evidenced by the photo in our gallery. Let's talk about how to choose a compact and convenient unit.
If it is not possible to install a standard refrigerator, it is worth considering other types of cooling chambers for a small kitchen. Standard equipment has a width of 50 to 70 cm, the same depth. It is suitable for installation in single-row layout, if the length of the wall allows.
Convenient option, the advantages of which include:
Additional walls improve the insulation of the unit, which makes it more durable. When choosing an embedded model, the color of the equipment becomes irrelevant if it is planned to close it with doors. There are probably only two minuses - smaller compared to conventional models, capacity at a higher price.
From the name it is clear that they are distinguished by smaller dimensions compared to standard models. Narrow refrigerators for a small kitchen, shown in the photo, do not differ from standard counterparts with anything other than size and, accordingly, useful volume. They can be both two-chamber - with refrigerating and freezing chambers, and single-chamber.
Narrow models and embedded ones are also non-standard, but in addition to them there are also cooling units that can be conveniently placed under the worktop of a kitchen unit or in the subwindow space. They have a small height - up to 85 cm, can be both wide, two-door, and narrow. Variants of this technique can be:
- Only the refrigerator;
- Refrigerator compartment with a small freezer;
- Minibar for drinks;
- Freezer cabinet with retractable drawers.
From the usual models they are distinguished only by the dimensions and, therefore, capacity.
With all the variety of refrigerators in the market of household appliances there is a need to listen to the estimates of experts who will help you choose the best option for your small kitchen.
Top best embedded refrigerators
According to experts and consumers, the best embedded models are:
- Bosch KUL15A50 - single-chamber compact unit with a 140-liter chamber, anti-bacterial coating. There is no freezer, you can outweigh the door. Like all household appliances Bosch - reliable unit.
- Cheap, but reliable - so you can evaluate the Atlant XM 4307-000. Two-chamber model with automatic defrost function. The bottom placement of the freezer.
- The best small two-chamber built-in unit - LIEBHERR UIK 1424. 2 cameras have a cumulative volume of 120 liters, is very economical in operation, quickly cools products. The disadvantage is manual defrosting.
- LIEBHERR SBS 66I3. Silent, economical, up to 20 hours able to keep the temperature in the absence of electricity. Super-cooling, freezing, "zero camera" - a full-featured multifunctional technology with electronic control.
The best small-sized refrigerators
Among the refrigeration technology that has won the popularity of consumers in the market are low models that do not differ in large dimensions and spaciousness, which do not cause a question - how to put a refrigerator in a small kitchen - the photo allows you to make sure that they will not take up much space in any kitchen:
- Single-chamber model without freezer Liebherr T 1410. Chamber 141 liter, drip defrost. Sizes 50 * 62 * 85cm will fit it into a small space of any kitchen.
- Absolutely tiny Bravo XR-80 refrigerator has a small freezer. The size of the baby is 45 * 47 * 68 cm, and the volume of the chamber is 71 liters.
- Familiar to our ears brand of household appliances, well-established in the Russian market - Indesit. The TT 85 is an inexpensive compact model with a top freezer, a defrost drip system and a volume of 120 liters.
A small kitchen is not a reason to be upset, it can accommodate all the necessary equipment and utensils for the hostess, if you take the process seriously. Many options for installing a refrigerator in a small kitchen are presented on our photos, you can choose any one you like by creating a comfortable ergonomic workspace in your small area.