How to hang kitchen cabinets on the wall
After purchasing an apartment or a private house, new owners usually start making repairs. Modern buildings are made from materials of different types that can withstand certain loads. For this reason, many people wonder: how can you fix the lockers on the wall? To perform this event, it is necessary to take into account the height of the location, the method of fasteners, the material used to make the walls and other components.
How to place
Kitchen set consists of several elements, including a dresser, a hinged locker. For cabinets placed on the lower level, do not need auxiliary fasteners, and for mounted sections require a special mount. You should also ensure that they are installed on the wall, directly above the lower elements.
Before you hang kitchen cabinets on the wall, you need to make accurate calculations. Work requires accuracy, so proceed in stages. Competent actions contribute to the proper functioning of the headset items and help create a harmonious image in your kitchen.
In addition to the question of height, you should take care that the furniture hangs exactly in relation to the horizon line. If you follow this rule, you will receive not only aesthetic beauty, but also a long life of the headset.
Hanging the very top sections is not as easy as it may seem at first glance. Some rules must be followed:
- the installation of the upper sections should be carried out taking into account that the items and products in it are easily accessible;
- the furniture should not cover the ventilation holes and violate the geometric interior in the kitchen;
- it is necessary to ensure the reliability of fixing mounts so that the furniture does not accidentally fall.
Hanging kitchen set, take care of well-chosen height above the floor, which is dependent on the growth of the owner. The optimal height is the one in which the owner of the kitchen can reach any shelf without using additional coasters.
Initially, you will need to carry out the layout of the hinged locker. The criterion for choosing the height is the growth of the owner of the kitchen. If you are tall, the upper cabinets should be hung higher. For those people who have small growth, you should reduce the distance between the worktop and the lower edges of the kitchen set.
There are some standards that determine the height of attachment: at least 45 centimeters should remain between the lower and upper objects. In recent days, people prefer to hang the headset at a distance of 50-60 centimeters from the tabletop. If necessary, you should be able to remove installed furniture from the wall.
Pay attention to the interior of the room when applying the markup, as well as your preferences. Often, the upper cabinets are required to be placed at a higher level or vice versa, below traditional options. This method will be relevant if the headset is located above the refrigerator and other high objects.
Designers often offer non-standard solutions in the interior, which allow you to hang sections above, or vice versa, below. For this reason, the distance between the table top and wall cabinets will be different. For your kitchen, the option where the upper sections need to be hung at the ceiling level, depending on the characteristics of the room, may well be appropriate.
How to determine the mounting height:
- consider the growth of each household;
- take into account the height of the locker. To date, a wide range of shapes and directions is offered, so the height of the furniture may vary;
- Ceiling height is considered an important indicator in determining the height of placement. The higher the ceiling, the larger the area required for the apron;
- Pay attention to the design of the apron. Some styles of design imply a greater distance between the elements;
- when choosing the location, keep in mind that you will be stored in the kitchen.
If we talk about the relationship between the height of a person and the height of the kitchen cabinet, then use a special calculation. To the height of a person who will often use the kitchen, you need to add 25 centimeters. The resulting value symbolizes the mark of the upper edge of the cabinet.
Wall preparation rules
Before mounting the wall sections on the walls, it is necessary to prepare the walls:
- Initially, you will need to provide a smooth surface to the walls, which must be vertical in level. The angle of the kitchen should be 90 degrees;
- all activities related to electricity and plumbing should be completed before the preparation of the walls;
- hide the wires and pipes in the wall, install sockets. They should be easily accessible and not interfere with the installation of mounted sections;
- Finishing work and wallpapering should be completed before the fixture of the kitchen unit.
Do not forget to prepare the following tools for mounting the headset on the wall:
- roulette wheel;
- water level;
- punch or drill;
- hand screwdriver or screwdriver;
When carrying out work, you should remember that when hanging sections on a wooden wall, you need hardened screws with a semicircular head. A dowel or plug is required for a concrete or brick surface. For plasterboard walls, you should buy Molly dowels.
The use of modern types of hardware for fasteners makes it possible to simplify the process of work, which consists of a hinge of a kitchen set. Fittings make it possible to eliminate small flaws in the markings and helps to increase the strength of the furniture as a whole. Along with this, you will need to apply a little more strength.
Manufacturers offer a diverse range of fixtures, which should be chosen based on the wall material and your preferences. For concrete and brick walls fit screws, screws. Hanging on the dowel hang wall cabinets the easiest way. This is the easiest and most reliable way to mount. Hang on tongue-and-groove plates is recommended in this way.
Previously used special corners, which today are outdated. At the moment, experts offer to hang on the mounting rail and devices, which are called a hinge.
If you decide to use furniture corners, as well as when working with other elements of fasteners, you will need to find the upper border, on which you can hang loops. They must be fixed on a single horizontal line. The success of the installation depends on how smoothly you have installed the fasteners. This method is less expensive, but more time consuming.
You can hang on the bar kitchen set. This option refers to a faster method. In this case, you can hang sections independently, without additional assistance from the side. A similar method is to mount the rail on the upper border of the wall. A hinge plate is attached to the inner wall of the cabinet, after which the furniture should be attached to each other, like a hook.
Take the choice of mounting with maximum responsibility, as it is required to fix the wall cabinets correctly so that they will serve you for a long time.
Fasteners in the traditional way consists of several stages of work:
- the furniture must have special corners that allow horizontal shearing. Such a solution makes it possible to adjust the position of the sections. Between the marking lines should be placed cabinet, through the hole of the fastener which is set the label for the dowel;
- now you can drill a hole in the wall and install fasteners;
- after you have hung up the headset and leveled it, you need to make a second mark and remove the cabinet;
- install the fastener for the second loop;
- Now you can hang the cabinet in its place and check the coincidence of edges and marking lines.
According to this principle, hang all types of lockers. After you hang all the headset items, you can connect them to each other with a furniture screw. At the last stage, eaves, shelves and doors are attached.
Advantages of the use of mounting rail:
- you can do all the work yourself;
- With this mount you can easily adjust the already installed cabinets with screws;
- the design is characterized by a high degree of reliability, because several screws attached to the wall can be mounted on the rail;
- using the mounting rail, you hang the lockers quickly.
Plasterboard wall mounted
If you have already completed the repair and installed partition walls of the gypsum plasterboard, covering the walls with a finishing finish, it will be more difficult for you to assemble the kitchen unit.
Drywall has its own characteristics to use. For him, there are special dowel butterflies for sale, which provide reliable fastening of the screw in the design. Therefore, fixing cabinets can be done not on the drywall, but on the profile, which is a component of the frame.
How to hang a closet on a plasterboard wall:
- to find the inner bar under a sheet of drywall, you can use a magnet on the rope, which will help you find the location of the mounting screws;
- after you have discovered the profiles, you will need to decide on the method of hanging cabinets. If the distance between the profile does not coincide with the hinges of the cabinets, you can move them slightly. Otherwise, you will need an intermediate strap, which will allow you to hang the headsets in a simplified way;
- If you chose to mount on the bar, please note that the wall of the GLF is less durable than the construction of concrete and other materials. For this reason, experts recommend attaching the bar to the maximum allowable area to ensure the redistribution of the load on the walls;
- With the aid of the mounting plate, you can install the locker at any place, mounting fasteners at any distance;
- to hang heavier cabinets, use anchor bolts and screws. For this purpose, a hole is drilled in gypsum plasterboard with a cutter to provide access to the bearing walls. After mounting the fasteners, the elements cut out of the gypsum plaster with the help of putty are fixed in place;
- after you have installed the cabinet in the designated place, you will need to adjust its position and door.
With the help of these rules you can exactly hang on the wall kitchen. The process itself is not particularly difficult. It all depends on your skills, the complexity of the design itself and the chosen method of attachment.
So that the process of hanging the hinged elements of the kitchen set is easy, you should listen to the recommendations of experts and strictly follow all the rules. To eliminate possible errors, read helpful tips to help you ease the installation process:
- The hinged rail should be mounted just below the top edge of the headset. The approximate distance should be about 3-4 centimeters;
- in adjusting the position of the upper sections will help you the water level. Measuring the height from the ceiling to the floor does not always help, as not every room can boast a flat surface;
- when working with plasterboard should be used dowels, butterflies. These fasteners provide a tight fit to the surface;
- if the wall crumbles when working with a drill, take a thinner drill bit. After that, you can work with a drill of the required size;
- when drilling, pay attention to the area where the wiring passes;
- in order not to damage the kitchen set panel with clamps, put a wedge or a plate made of wood between the objects;
- Often when drilling through walls, chips appear on the cabinets. To eliminate this phenomenon, first create a thin hole with a thin drill.