How to choose a refrigerator
Refrigerator is an integral part of the interior of any kitchen. Many brands steadily offer new models in which there are innovative features. You can buy a unit with an existing sound signal, with automatic defrosting and even a blowing system. From this article you can learn how to choose the right refrigerator for your room.
Expert Tips for Choosing
In each dwelling there must be a good refrigerator, which will correspond to the parameters necessary for your operation. To purchase a high-quality unit for storing food in it, you should use the advice of experts who offer to make a choice according to several criteria. Using the recommendations below, you will know what to look for.
Dimensions and volume
To make the right choice, you need to decide what size you need, because when choosing the first model you like, you may encounter trouble when the refrigerator simply does not fit the size of your kitchen.
The refrigerator can be produced in five sizes:
- small ones. The height of such units is 80-160 cm with a width of 50 cm. The depth of the device is standard - 60 cm. The volume is 50-60 liters. Such equipment will be optimal for giving, mini hotel or office space;
- mini-bars. They have a height of 80 centimeters, the width of the models will be 50 centimeters, with a depth of 50-60 cm. The volume of equipment reaches 50-60 liters. As a rule, such devices are used to preserve fresh vegetables with drinks;
- European standard. In this category there are devices, with a height of 170-205 cm, width, as well as depth, have traditional parameters (60 * 60), with a volume of 50-140 liters. The device will be optimal for a cottage or apartments with small dimensions;
- medium, with a small height, but wide. The width of this type of equipment is over 80 centimeters, height reaches 170 centimeters. The volume of the device reaches 200-260 liters. They can also be installed in a small house or apartment. As a rule, they store billets for winter;
- big ones. Such refrigerators have a width with standard parameters, which are 60 centimeters. The height of the equipment reaches 195-210 cm, the volume can accommodate 350-850 liters. It is best to purchase such equipment for a large house or apartment.
Stop your choice on the refrigerator, in which there are several chambers, should be in the event that you want to have a unit in which there are different temperature regions. Such models allow you to set up a separate temperature regime for the fish compartment, vegetable compartment, as well as for berries and so on.
For a small room, a regular single-chamber refrigerator will suit, which is currently very popular.
Models with two cameras have shown themselves well, because products last longer in them, especially if you plan to freeze for the winter period.
Three-chambered devices have zero and lower temperature readings. In them, products are kept fresh for a long period. If you use a low-temperature chamber, then various greens with salads will look fresh even after 1.5 weeks.
The camera with deep freezing makes it possible to save all the necessary vitamins with useful components in the products.and. This model will be ideal for gardeners who harvest their crops for the entire winter season.
The temperature regime, which is set in the refrigerating chamber, is indicated by means of asterisks. The greater the number of icons, the longer the food can be stored.
When choosing a refrigerator, take into account its shelves. In modern devices there are plastic, metal and glass shelves. The best choice are versions with grilles, because air is circulated through them.
This action has a direct impact on the preservation of freshness of food. If you have the opportunity, purchase a refrigerator with such shelves.
The choice of the freezer should be treated with all responsibility, as certain types may not fit you according to the criteria. In total there are 4 types of freezers, which are marked with asterisks:
- 1 star. The freezing temperature in a similar chamber is -6 degrees. It can store food for one week. This view is not particularly suitable for long-term storage of freezing;
- 2 stars. Here the temperature will be -12 degrees. Food can be stored for one month;
- 3 stars. The temperature in the chamber is -18 degrees. Food lasts for 3 months;
- 4 stars. Here the freezing power falls below -18 degrees and can reach -24. Food can be stored for 6-12 months.
In this chamber you can harvest meat, fish and even berries.
For cold rooms, there are three types of defrosting:
- the simplest option is the manual method. His work is identical with the freezer. When using this method defrosting both chambers;
- “No Frost” system is used in more expensive refrigeration equipment.. The process of action is identical with the freezer. The difference lies in the fact that the system can be embedded in the freezer or located in both chambers;
- the third type is present in many modern devices. It is based on the fact that ice is formed on the evaporator during the compressor operation period. During compressor shutdown, the ice begins to thaw. This method is also called drip.
Each of the defrost systems has its negative features. If you think choose "No frost "or drip method, then you should know that in the first case there is a rapid dehydration of food. Also, due to the fan, the refrigerator has a high noise level.
The model should be chosen based on the interior of your kitchen. Manufacturers offer refrigerators with different types of coverage. You can buy a device made of doused glass, stainless steel or simply coated with paint.
If you want your refrigeration equipment to retain its presentability for a long period of time, stop the choice on the pouring glass. There are no fingerprints on this cover.
According to its color and color scheme, the device should harmoniously fit into the room. This criterion is of particular importance if you plan to place the equipment in another room.
Auxiliary characteristics also have great value. Pay attention not only to the degree of noise during operation, but also to the method of control, the presence of an ice generator, the operation mode, the presence of an antibacterial coating, and other options.
The quality of the compressor, which is installed in the device, affects the noise level. This factor is also related to the lifetime of the device. The best option is the volume of 21-56 dB.
Dual compressor models are considered the best choice.
Thermoelectric as well as absorption models provide silent operation.. But due to the fact that they have a small size, this option is not suitable for everyone.
The noise level that a refrigerator produces during operation can be one of the main criteria that influences your choice. If the weak noise does not give you problems when the refrigerator is located in the kitchen, then the same noise, only in one of the living rooms, can interfere with your business.
Antibacterial coating helps to maintain the quality of products for a long time.
To control the cooling process, Two types of control can be applied: electromechanical and electronicth. The second option is accompanied by a digital panel with a control panel, which indicate information about the operation of the device. Electromechanical method is considered the most familiar. It can be controlled using a thermostat knob, which is located inside the refrigerator. In some home appliances there are special insulating panels used during incomplete loading. They save energy consumption.
With frequent use of ice for making various drinks, the model with an ice generator will suit you.
Some refrigerators have filters, along with a system that allows you to get clean and cool water.
To illuminate the internal space of refrigeration equipment, halogen lamps are used, due to which you can save electricity consumption. These bulbs have a long service life and perfectly illuminate the camera.
Vacation mode is responsible for supporting the operation of the device with minimal energy consumption.e. It helps to prevent unpleasant odors, along with mold in the chamber. When the refrigerator operates in this mode, the products that are located in the freezer remain frozen. Rapid cooling makes it possible to quickly reduce the temperature of the products in the refrigerator, immediately after they are placed.
This property allows to increase the shelf life.
There are many models in which there is an electronic control system self test option. It gives you the opportunity to find the cause of the malfunction and take timely measures to eliminate it. Such an opportunity is very valuable because it allows you to save extra expenses on repair work.
Compressors that are installed in refrigeration equipment can be divided into six types. When choosing a device for the home, this indicator has a great value.
Types of compressors:
- piston. The pressure is generated by the piston, which begins to move using a special mechanism. The mechanism is called KSHM or KKM;
- with variable performance. This type of equipment makes it possible to save on energy consumption due to the optimum speed. Selection of a suitable frequency is carried out by a special converter, which is present in the compressor device;
- rotary. In this type of compressor, the rotational energy may vary, depending on the pressure difference during the rotation of the rotor, along with a movable plate. If the same degree of cold performance is achieved, then this type of equipment, when compared with a piston compressor, is characterized by smaller dimensions. They are reliable, simple and less sensitive. The negative qualities include an increased noise level, platinum wear, due to which they lose power and are no longer popular;
- oil-free compressors. This kind of rarely installed in the refrigerator. They are popular in the refrigeration unit. Compressor operation is carried out without the use of oil lubrication;
- electrogasdynamic compressor. In them, the pressure is generated due to the electric field in which the space charges of the particles appear;
- linear type. They reduce the energy due to the action of electromagnetic force, in which the piston performs reciprocating motion. Due to the small number of energy losses, the period of operation and reliability of such equipment is increased, and energy consumption is reduced to 40%.
When choosing a refrigerator for your home, you need to look at the class of energy consumption. The category of the most economical models includes devices whose class is equal to: “A ++, A + and A”. The following are models with a class: "B" and "C". They are not very different from the first representatives. If we talk about refrigerators, whose class of energy consumption is equal to "D" to "G", then they are practically discontinued.
If you have already decided on the model of equipment that you need, pay attention to the cost. Not every unit will afford you. The most expensive models include devices in which there is a defrosting system "No frost". Equipment with two compressors also has a higher price tag. In addition to these parameters, other auxiliary options may affect the price of the refrigerator.
For example, if the refrigerator has a built-in TV, then the price of such a device will be 25-35% more than the cost of its standard counterparts.
For energy-saving freezers, the price is also higher. Each following built-in option will increase the price tag of the device.
The unique design also entails an increase in cost.. However, do not be upset if you like the refrigerator, which has a large number of built-in options. By purchasing such a unit, you can save on energy consumption or win on a longer service life. If you do not have enough cash to buy a refrigerator, many stores offer installments or loans to help you find what you want.
If you do not feel the need for food ice, as well as for frozen products, you can purchase a conventional refrigerator or a single-chamber device. In this model will not be present freezer.
If you use a large amount of greens, vegetables, fresh fish, along with fresh meat during cooking, the device with a “zero” compartment will be optimal for you.
If you do not need to harvest food ice or freeze food, the best choice would be a refrigerator, a single-chamber unit, where there is no freezer.
If the “dry freshness” is observed in the refrigerator, the temperature of which is -3 or 0 degrees, and the air humidity reaches 50%, then fresh meat with fish can be stored in such a device for one week. All nutritional properties will be preserved.
If a “wet freshness” is observed in the refrigerator, the temperature of which is +0.5 or -3 degrees, and the humidity is 9%, fruits and vegetables remain fresh three times longer.
With the help of such recommendations, you can more accurately choose for yourself the freezer cabinet that will meet your exact requirements.
Most popular models and reviews
Currently, there are many companies that offer refrigeration equipment. The most common are the following brands: Indesit, Ariston, Bosch, Zanussi, General Electric, Candy. Companies that are engaged in the production of other household appliances, also offer their audiences refrigerators, characterized by good quality. These companies include: LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sharp, Toshiba.
Many buyers purchased refrigeration equipment of different brands and share their experiences with others. Before you buy a refrigerator, which belongs to the category of expensive household appliances, you should read the customer reviews. Familiarization with user comments will help you decide in favor of an aggregate.
Many reviews received model Indesit IB 160 R. Those who purchased such a device report that the fridge is simply awesome. Sufficient spaciousness, quiet operation, three compartments in the freezer make it an indispensable tool in the kitchen. It also has a set of molds for ice and eggs.
Most users purchased the device because of its affordable cost, which is combined with good quality.
Many buyers have purchased a famous model. LG GA-B409UQA. Reviews say about the quality of the device, it perfectly freezes products, providing long-term storage. There is an adjustment of temperature, both in the freezer itself and in the refrigerating chamber. Users like convenient shelves, auxiliary storage tray in the freezer.
To the advantages of such a model, you can add its capacity, the presence of automatic defrosting and a box for vegetables with fruits. However, many customers are annoyed by the level of noise that the refrigerator produces during operation.
Bosch KGN39VL19R liked by many users. People praise his quiet work, modern design and excellent spaciousness. In the refrigerator there is a weekly portion of products, there is a fresh zone. Products are stored for a long time and do not deteriorate. The device has high price category, which is justified by its level of quality and reliability of the manufacturer.
Widely known model Samsung RB33J3301EF, has a large number of reviews on the Internet. Buyers talk about it quiet operation, large roominess and stylish design. This fridge will perfectly complement any kitchen. Those who bought this device, praise its division into zones, designed for different categories of products, convenient control on the door, the quality of shelves and drawers. By purchasing such equipment, you can be confident in quality, as the manufacturer offers reliable and proven models for a long time.
Electrolux EN93889MX has a high price category and offers its customers many features. Those who decide to buy this unit, leave positive comments about the quiet operation of the device, two types of defrosting, which are installed in the freezer and the refrigerator, the ability to control the height of the shelves. Touch control helps control the refrigerator with maximum convenience. The price is the only drawback that the owners of the refrigerator indicate. But its capabilities fully compensate for the size of the price tag.