How to choose a mixer: a review of the best models of "economy" class
- Features and benefits
- Device and principle of operation
- How to choose: tips
- How to use
- How to do it yourself
- Rating of the best models of "economy" class
- Customer Reviews
The mixer is one of the most popular kitchen assistants. On sale there are both models of "economy" class and professional. We will dwell on the first group today in more detail.
Features and benefits
The mixer is a device with two rotating beaters. This kitchen unit is designed for whipping and mixing liquid and semi-liquid products. Many mistakenly confuse this device with a blender. A blender, unlike a blender, cannot chop products and shred them. Yes, and it looks different.
Currently, there are two types of this device: manual and stationary. Sometimes you can find a mixed type. The hand-held device during operation needs not only to constantly hold in hands, but also to hold the "Start" button with your fingers. The stationary model is attached to the working surface with the help of special suction cups. It is only necessary to load the ingredients into the bowl, lower the whisk and close the lid.
Mixed type mixer is a manual type model having a removable support.
By the category of "economy" class is usually attributed to hand-held devices. They can perform fewer functions and have, as a rule, lower power compared to stationary and combined models.
Device and principle of operation
The device of almost all mixers is the same. It consists of a plastic case, inside which is located the engine and electric drive. Outside there is a special sinus for attaching nozzles. Depending on the configuration, there may be several such attachments. As you can see, it is arranged very simply, but, despite this, it is capable of performing quite a few operations.
The principle of operation is that the motor transfers rotational energy to the nozzles, and they, depending on their type, mix and beat the products.
Some devices of this type may include in their equipment an additional bowl and measuring cup, but this applies to hand-held models. Stationary models are a plastic flask, on the base of which a special bowl is attached, and on the top of the device there are sinuses for attaching nozzles and a protective cap. The principle of operation is the same as that of the hand mixer, the energy from the motor is transferred to the nozzles, and the whisk begins its work.
If you are going to purchase a mixer, you must first decide for exactly what purposes and where it will be used.
How to choose: tips
When purchasing a home mixer, the following nuances should be taken into account:
- The size of the device itself. Agree that for a small kitchen a large device is hardly suitable. Therefore, preference should be given to the unit, which will correspond not only to the desired technical parameters, but also to the area in which it will be used.
- Since we are talking today about economy-class mixers, in the case of the acquisition of a stationary model, preference should be given to those has a plastic bowl or glass. Devices with a metal jug will cost much more expensive, but no one gives guarantees that they will last longer.
- The volume of the bowl also plays an important role. Thus, a model with a volume of one and a half liters is better suited for a home pastry chef, and for ordinary citizens a model with a capacity of one liter may be enough.
- Power is also a decisive fact when buying. For daily use, and even several times better to get a powerful unit. But if you plan to use it from time to time, then the device with a small capacity will be enough.
- Take a closer look at what material the nozzle holders are made of: metal or plastic. The first are considered more durable, and the second more economical. But as practice shows, even an economical option can last for several years.
- Number of nozzles included, the more, the more expensive the device. But for home use, one pair is enough.
- Differ mixers and according to technical parameters, which also influence the price. The more functions the mixer performs and the more speeds it has, the more expensive it will be. But It is worth noting that a good mixer can have only two speeds of work, and at the same time perfectly perform its functions.
- And do not forget that all sorts of additional bonuses in the form of cord extender, or mounting wall system, also increase the price. Therefore, immediately decide whether such trifles are so important for you.
It should be noted that the mixer with a cup will cost more than without it, this applies to submersible models. Some stationary appliances may include additional bowls in their kit. Before you buy them, think about whether you really need them, because the price for them is much higher, and there are not so many practical benefits.
If we buy the economy class mixer, then from a well-known manufacturer. In this case, you can get a really inexpensive, but high-quality device.
How to use
In order for even the most expensive model of a mixer to serve you for a long time and efficiently perform its functions, it is necessary to handle it correctly, let alone cheaper mixers.
No matter how trite it may sound, first you need to carefully study the instructions. Sometimes owners of mixers ignore this fact and in vain. It is from it that you can gather a lot of useful information.
Further it should be understood that the nozzles for the mixer are different and each of them has its specific purpose. So, whips for whipping mashed potatoes categorically can not be used for making dough. If we talk about how to properly use the device, then you need to take into account, and What paddle is used:
- There are special wavy nozzles. They are used in the preparation of the dough. Often they are called hooks. Also with their help you can make mashed potatoes, it turns out very lush and airy.
- For smoothies, as well as for whipping creams and any liquid products have special corollas, which are shaped like a regular oar.
- If the mixer is categorized stationary, it can also have attachments such as a chopper knife and blender shredders. In the manual models, the presence of such components is not provided. With their help, you can chop the minced meat, vegetables and fruits, mix them and beat.
- There are also special disk, which is also suitable for whipping vegetable puree, sauces and mousses.
The specific attachments with your device and for what purposes they are intended are often described in detail in the instructions. But do not forget that with your own hands you can make this device.
How to do it yourself
If you still do not have a mixer, do not be discouraged, because you can make it yourself, without leaving your home. Of course, to make a complete model with high power without special skills and tools is unlikely to work, but to make a mini-mixer is quite possible. To do this you will need:
- Power Supply.
- Screwdriver and switch.
- A motor and a knife.
- Two cups of durable plastic.
- Small tin and plastic jar lid.
- Copper wiring and soldering iron.
- Silicone nozzle.
Now proceed directly to the collection of our mini-mixer economy class:
- It is necessary to make a small hole with a screwdriver heated above the fire at the bottom of one of the cups.
- Apply our motor to the received hole and trace it around the contour with a marker. Then gently pulls out of the glass.
- Now cut the circle with a sharp knife. This should be done so that the motor freely entered this hole, but did not fall out of it.
- We measure the height of the motor and leave the same height and glass, all the excess is cut off.
- In the resulting glass we make holes for the wire and the switch.
- Now we take a feeding unit with two wiring, one of which is connected to the unit with the help of a soldering iron, and the second directly to the switch.
- With the help of additional copper wire establishes contact between the unit and the switch, connecting them through it.
- To firmly fix the motor and switch, they should be glued to the base.
- Now we divide our piece of tin into two parts. We roll one more thin one in the form of a ring, and we wind the second piece in the middle of it. The result should be an improvised butterfly.
- To the edge of the resulting structure, glue the nozzle from silicone, which later will be attached to the pin.
- While the glue dries, finish the blank with a motor. Turn the glass upside down so that we can see the motor inserted into the hole.
- In the second glass we make a hole in the center and place it on the first blank. As a result, on the table should be a glass placed on a stand, in the center of which there is a pin.
- In conclusion, we put a silicone nozzle with a screw on this pin protruding from the case and that's it, the mini-mixer is ready.
More clearly the assembly process is shown in the video.
Such a homemade device can not be used for beating and mixing a large number of products, but to get a lush protein mass or cooking a small amount of yogurt, it fits perfectly. But if, you do not want to test yourself in the role of the Samodelkin, then pay attention to our mini rating of inexpensive mixers from well-known manufacturers.
Rating of the best models of "economy" class
If you want to buy an inexpensive, but really high-quality and durable mixer, we advise you to pay attention to well-known manufacturers.
They value their reputation, and therefore even the budget product is trying to make the highest quality. So, our top - 5:
- Polaris PHM 5014 A good, high-quality mixer that allows you to whip and mix liquid products in seconds. It is a manual model, has five speeds of work and turbo mode. As a disadvantage, you can only select not too long nozzles, so it is more convenient to use this device in shallow dishes.
- Another immersion mixer Philips HR1457 / 00. Powerful 5-speed model. The device in the event of overheating can turn off independently, which will not allow it to burn. It works quickly, practically produces no noise. The disadvantage is quite heavy weight.
- Vitek VT-1409 W - This is a stationary model of the mixer with iron gears, has 5 speeds, turbo mode and two additional nozzles in the kit. Cope with all its functions perfectly, everything is whipped quickly and efficiently. There are no significant drawbacks.
- Polaris RHM 3013 is the most budget and simple model of the mixer. It has no additional functions and nozzles, can only quickly beat up liquid products, produces a low noise level during operation. At the same time, this mixer has a light weight, it is comfortable to hold in your hands, and the casing is made of sufficiently strong plastic. In general, this is a real find for lovers of minimalism.
- Panasonic MK-Gh2 another budget mixers representative. It has a low power equal to only 220 W, but at the same time performs its functions quickly and efficiently, low noise level during operation, durable construction, two types of nozzles and low cost - this is exactly what this mixer is characterized by.
As you can see, models of mixers that are classified as economical do not have any significant shortcomings in their work. But let's find out what the owners of such units still say in the reviews.
By and large, all owners of economy class mixers are satisfied with their assistants. Purchased for a low price, these kitchen units can serve more than one day. According to people, five or even three speeds of work is enough for personal home use of this device, and if necessary, additional attachments can be purchased separately. The main thing is to choose a product of a famous brand, then the quality of its work will delight you.
At the same time, all owners of budget mixers note their rather high power, durability of the case and speed of work. It is also important that all units, subject to the instructions, can work properly for at least 3 years.