One of the necessary household appliances in the house is a kitchen hood. This type of technology, like all the others, has its good and negative sides.
Therefore, when choosing a hood, you need to pay attention to several criteria.
When purchasing a hood, you must first learn about its power and performance. These indicators will determine how efficiently and quickly air purification will occur.
According to sanitary norms, cleansing takes place at least twelve times in twenty four hours. In the hood in the kitchen laid the functions to help ensure air circulation in the room.
To calculate the power suitable for your premises, you need to know the volume of air in it. To do this, multiply the width by the length and height.
Modern kitchen hoods are designed to clean the air, which makes it more comfortable to stay in it.
Manufacturers recommend opening doors to all other rooms during the operation of the hood, as it is able to refresh the air throughout the apartment.
Based on the above, there are six reasons to purchase this type of equipment:
- Purification of air from unpleasant odors;
- Preserves from gas products of burning;
- Absorbs fat spray;
- When working hood decreases humidity in the room;
- There is a decrease in air temperature;
- And most important is the renewal of air.
Types of ventilation equipment
Properly selected ventilation equipment is able to perform all the necessary functional tasks with minimal noise. There are several types of hoods, which we describe below.
Her job is to capture the polluted air, and release it from the room through a common ventilation system. Note! Cork floor in the kitchen - an overview of the advantages and disadvantages. (95 photos of examples)
Also, these models have filters that protect the inside of the hood from the ingress of fat, food particles or water.
The advantages and disadvantages of this technique:
- Need air flow during operation. This means that the window must be open when the hood is in working condition, which is not very good when outside the window minus twenty degrees.
- Difficulties arise in the installation of exhaust hoods in houses built during the Soviet era. Since you need to redo the ventilation system.
- Positive aspects are high-level performance;
- There is no difficulty in servicing;
- Long service life.
Exhaust hood with recycling properties
The system works as follows, the hood sucks in dirty air, it is cleaned with two filters, and returns to the kitchen.
Positive and negative sides:
- Wide range;
- Ease of installation;
- Maintenance is easy;
- Good pricing;
The negative points include:
- Filters clog quickly;
- The price of filters is quite high;
- If the filter is clogged, it reduces the efficiency
Combined or mixed
Preference for this type should be given when you are planning a future kitchen. Since it is very difficult to build in the already assembled kitchen corner.
The place where you can connect the hood is the duct, you can use two modes of cleaning.
Long-term exhaust hood
First you need to choose power. It should be such that it would clean the room from external smells without any problems.
Choose a manufacturer that has proven itself in the manufacture of technology, and who have been happy for years with quality.
Types of hoods
The design of the hood in the interior of the modern kitchen is important, as well as its function.
Kitchen hood in the interior of a modern apartment should be harmoniously combined with other household appliances.
And so there are the following types of devices:
- Suspended hood. This view is best used in small kitchens. This hood is usually embedded in a wall cabinet.
- Dome hoods. Made in the form of a cone or pyramid. They can either be embedded in furniture or on the wall.
- Island hoods. This model has a vertical duct. Attached to the ceiling.
- Hoods with exhaust in ventilation;
- Hood for kitchen without ventilation.
How to choose a good hood?
When choosing a hood, you need to know where to start, what to pay attention to and how to make the right choice.
And so, the first thing to start with is the technical specifications and know the power needed to clean the air in your kitchen.
The second is the installation methods.
Third, we select the hoods in width, this is also not unimportant, they should correspond to the cooking surface or be a bit more.
Most often there are:
- hoods 50 cm;
- hoods 60 cm;
- hoods 90 cm.
We select the model you like, which will perform the necessary functions. As well as in the interior of the modern kitchen, the hood must fit the stylistic decision.
It is also necessary to take into account additional functions when choosing a hood.
- Management methods;
- Speed mode;
- The presence of reverse thrust valves;
- And whether it is safe to use.
Considering the above, and adhering to all the recommendations, you will be able to choose the most suitable version of the hood, which will please you every day and will last more than one year.