The high-tech kitchen is suitable for those who like clear edges, a minimum of accessories, high ergonomic space. Due to the absence of numerous decorative details, such an interior is suitable not only for large but also for small spaces. It will be appropriate to look in the kitchen, combined with the dining area, as well as in the studio apartment.
Modern high-tech style is perfect for spacious kitchens.
The trendy high-tech style will add a sense of spaciousness, visually expand the boundaries, please the multifunctional furniture. And this article and the photo to it will help to deal with the materials inherent in this interior flow, lighting and furniture.
Black set on the background of white walls looks very impressive
High-tech style highlights
Being born at the end of the 20th century, I managed to thoroughly enter the homes of those who seek to surround themselves with functionality. Adopting the ideas of minimalism and postmodernism, hi-tech abandoned the classical forms, lines, jewelry, materials.
Monochrome interior inherent in the kitchen in the style of "hi-tech"
The main features of this design are:
- Minimalism in every detail of the interior. Only clear edges, strict transitions, straight lines, concise design, the simplest geometric solutions. Circle, square, rectangle, cylinder - should become the leading silhouettes of the entire kitchen. Adjusted to the millimeter, the ratio of the elements of the situation and high functionality is the highest goal of the entire interior.
- Almost complete lack of natural textures. Plastic, glass, metal, polycarbonate, polyethylene - the basis of high-tech kitchen interior. Examples of such furniture you can see in the photo. Unlike natural stone or wood, modern materials are easy to clean, resistant to high temperatures, aggressive household chemicals, mechanical damage. Possessing high heat resistance, it is perfectly suited for the kitchen.
- Ergonomic. The kitchen requires a clear functionality of every detail of the interior. Everything should be "at hand", while not causing a feeling of clutter, without introducing chaos. High-tech allows you to successfully hide the entire internal occupancy of kitchen cabinets, leaving only strict lines. All equipment must be placed on an intuitively accessible level, meeting the strict requirements of design.
- Multifunctional equipment is not just a household need, but a full element of the interior decor in high-tech style. An oven with a glass door, a trendy microwave, a stylish coffee maker is an excellent substitute for ruffles, vases, photo frames, and rugs. Hi-tech for those who love minimalism in everything. The best masking techniques behind the furniture facades are shown in the photo.
- Cold colors. Metallic colors fully reflect the essence of hi-tech interior style. Nickel, chrome, aluminum, bronze - the basis for finishing the room. At the same time, in order to dilute the severity and categorical situation, several bright, contrasting spots should be added. Such a solution will revive the interior design of the kitchen, giving the "lived-in" character. An example of a successful combination of futuristic design with textile accessories is presented in the photo.
The kitchen in the style of "hi-tech" inherent smooth lines and sleek design.
Knowledge of the basic theses inherent in high-tech kitchens will help to competently approach the issue of choosing textures, furniture, equipment even at the planning stage of repair.
Trendy modern high-tech kitchen with island area
Having decided to re-equip your kitchen, you need to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the high-tech design. You should compare for yourself the pros and cons, in order to clearly understand that this style is suitable for you. Hi-tech is suitable for those who are ready to strictly follow the basic design solutions, without introducing disharmony to the refined lines.
For high-tech style, mostly cool colors are used.
- High-tech materials for the manufacture of furniture. Are not subject to corrosion, change, deformation. Easy to clean with detergents. Do not react to changes in temperature. These factors can be decisive for the design of the kitchen.
- The functionality of each surface. The presence of many drawers, cabinets, niches, allowing you to carefully store numerous household appliances, dishes and cutlery. Modern closers, sliding systems, "secret" sections - allow you to expand work surfaces, to get rid of the "dead" zones.
- Thanks to the presence of glass, mirrors, chrome parts, even a small kitchen in the high-tech style visually expands.
- Availability of building components on the market. Ability to use handy tools, as well as accessories of industrial style, made by hand. This option is presented in the photo.
White color fits perfectly into the interior of the kitchen "hi-tech"
- Very responsible choice of colors of the kitchen. Only one bright color should be added to metal surfaces. Otherwise, the kitchen threatens to turn into a tasteless room with a high-tech imitation and rash eclecticism.
- The design of minimalism can quickly get bored with its though thoughtful, but still simple. Metal with plastic can be boring after a while, too “cold”.
- The considerable cost of ready-made headsets, and even higher costs in the implementation of individual orders. Add the cost of purchasing suitable ceiling lights, chandeliers, replacing classic window curtains. Also, you may need to buy a new home appliances, which should be in harmony with the selected color scheme.
It is necessary to relate for yourself the pros and cons of high-tech kitchens, based on your own preferences, because with this repair you have to live for many years.
The high-tech kitchen fits perfectly into the interior of a city apartment
High-tech style of cold, restrained colors. The basic colors are: white, black, gray, dirty beige, gray-blue. So that the situation is not mired in gray, does not turn into a gloomy metallic basement, you should use blotches of bright, contrasting color. The lack of decorative elements encourages designers to develop functional interior details with such additions. For example, a bar stool with an unusual seat, upholstered sofa, tableware, as in the photo - will be a functional highlight of the kitchen.
Selecting the color scheme, based on the area of the kitchen. It has long been known that dark colors visually conceal without that small space, add gloom, “deprive” air. At the same time, dark shades will pleasantly surprise with its functionality when cleaning. But white with this quality can not boast, any baby, every spot will be clearly visible on the snow-white table.
The best option would be a combination of colors. So light facades of kitchen set will be well combined with a dark table-top. It is not only aesthetically beautiful, but also functionally competent.
It has already been written above that high-tech is metal, glass, and mirrors. But it is worth discussing in more detail the finish of each specific surface, its nuances, as well as its combination with all other planes.
The most successful choice would be a suspended structure or tensioning fabric. These options allow you to create a variety of shapes, multi-level transitions, change the geometry of the room.
Modern manufacturing techniques provide a wide range of shades, textures. You can easily find chrome colors, suitable for a specific repair.
The combination with neon lighting will complete the industrial image, and the ceiling lights will add point accents.
Tip! For the most risky interior designs in high-tech style just well-cleaned ceiling surfaces will do. After all, concrete slab or brickwork also convey style.
Reflecting the spirit of industrial restraint, wall decoration should also not be fanciful, oversaturated with details. Habitual many wallpaper should be replaced with bare plaster, paint on the brickwork, wall panels, wallpaper for painting.
In the kitchen, plastic wall panels will look appropriate. It is not only beautiful, but also functional, as any stain can be easily washed with a simple damp cloth. The use of mirror surfaces is justified in a fairly restrained scale. This again is due to the need for their frequent cleaning. What is not always convenient.
For those who are afraid of “bare” walls, it is acceptable to place several modern design art objects or photographs. Photo frames should be either plastic or whole glass. Of course, the pictures themselves should be selected in accordance with the selected kitchen design.
Tip! Modern posters look appropriate on the walls. The main thing is that they are stylized decorated, conveying the color scheme of the room.
A high-tech floor covering is perhaps the only deviation towards natural materials. The kitchen requires frequent cleaning, with the floor probably the most often mara. Surfaces with minimal relief will be indispensable here. This will not allow dirt to get stuck, respectively, will extend the life of the coating, and hence the entire kitchen.
Glossy parquet boards, natural stone, tile and self-leveling floor - all this is appropriate for use in high-tech kitchen. The main thing is that the colors and texture should not be noticeable, but be a neutral addition to the overall style. Photos of such flooring you can see below.
Having decided on materials for finishing, you can proceed to the choice of furniture.
Selecting furniture for a specific room you need to decide on the overall geometry of the headset. There are straight, parallel, corner, island, bar layout options. Kitchen area is the most important indicator. For small kitchens suitable options for direct or angular furnishings. And owners of large areas should be advised to pay attention to the ultra-modern kitchen with a functional island.
Working and dining furniture should support the futuristic spirit of the whole interior. Straight or sleek lines, clear borders, laconic design, without excessive decoration - will delight the beauty of texture, gloss of materials.
When choosing a specific headset, it should be remembered that the high-tech kitchen should not only look like a “kitchen of the future”, but also fully prove it. Modern technology, the internal mechanisms of the latest engineering word, electronic control of gadgets, noiseless closers, gas lifts - all these are essential attributes of modern minimalism.
Important! Use only built-in appliances! Refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine, hob, microwave, oven, coffee machine - everything should be properly hidden behind the glossy fronts of the headset.
A small kitchen can accommodate a compact dining group, designed under the bar. But the kitchens from 9 meters have the ability to design a full-fledged dining area, including in a trendy island version as in the photo.
High-tech style is peculiar to a large abundance of light sources. At the same time, the chandeliers or ceiling lamps themselves do not have to stand out, but can be masked under a hanging ceiling, art objects, and furniture fronts.
For a small kitchen in high-tech style, LED backlight of the headset and the contour of the suspended ceiling design is suitable. This will visually increase the area without overloading the ceiling with unnecessary details. Modern tapes are equipped with the ability to switch the backlight color. So the white kitchen can be transformed with each color switch. The presented photos show how the appearance of the room changes when switching color lights.
The dining area can be distinguished by spotlights or small pendant chandeliers of a clear geometric shape. The photo below shows the options for highlighting the dining table. High-tech lamps can be easily distinguished by their space design, futuristic motifs, and modern materials. The basis will continue to be used various types of metal, glass, plastic.
Natural light coming from the windows should not overlap with massive curtains. The design is as simple as possible, understandable, concise. Window decor should not stand out brightly, but only complement the overall style of the room.
The high-tech style kitchen will look good rolled, Roman curtains. Colors should be muted, to the tone of the walls, floor, kitchen set. Necessarily the absence of any pattern. For the aesthetic quality of the whole should be answered correctly selected fabric texture, solid color.
It will be interesting to look vertical blinds made of plastic, metal, wood or chromed glass. Such a design will add futurism to the whole kitchen.
It is worth mentioning all the main characteristics of high-tech cuisine. Clear lines, precise transitions, strict geometric shapes, futuristic design, a sense of spaciousness, crystal clarity - the main indicators of style. Competent selection of colors, muted tones, reminiscent of the brilliance of the metal, perfect plastic. Stylized multi-level fixtures. So you can achieve the best illumination of the room, emphasizing the space interior design of the kitchen in the style of hi-tech.