If you would like to make your kitchen more spacious and bright, as well as add harmony to it, we advise you to take a closer look at the design in the Greek style.
This direction came from the country of the eternal sun and Mediterranean waves. Pretty quickly, the Greek style in the interior of the kitchen was widely spread throughout the world.
Greek cuisine - how to recognize it?
The main feature of this direction, as well as any Mediterranean interior, is in the rigor of forms, functionality and democratic approach to design.
Properly completing the creation of the interior of the kitchen in the Greek style, you can even make it more visually or add lightness and airiness.
You can easily recognize the Greek style in the kitchen design by the following features:
- Maximum light, sometimes even whitened ceiling and walls;
- A large number of ceramic elements - from the tile and apron to the dishes;
- The use of cold shades, as well as natural tones;
- Ordinary wooden furniture, not even always varnished;
- Natural textiles;
- Pretty calm, relaxing decor;
- Plain modest curtains.
It is noteworthy that all the above attributes are always harmoniously combined with each other, creating an elegant and cozy atmosphere. The task of the owners is to make the furniture and interior elements not look new.
It is the feeling of antiquity that allows you to truly experience the beauty and originality of the culture of ancient Greece.
A variety of colors in the interior
To determine the colors for the Greek cuisine will not be difficult. Suffice it to recall what Greece is, and what colors it can best be described.
Try to close your eyes and imagine:
- Light lemon-lemon, which floods olive trees with its light;
- Warm azure sea and iridescent shells;
- Gray-white mountain peaks that hide the majestic Olympus;
- Green grapes entwining the roofs of houses;
- Light blue sky and pink flowering meadows;
- White and blue strip on the national flag of Greece.
As you have already understood, for the design of the kitchen in the Greek style, you can use any of the color combinations inherent in this extraordinary country.
Most often you can find Greek cuisine, decorated in blue and blue shades and furnished with natural dark brown furniture.
How to choose furniture in Greek cuisine?
As a rule, furniture and sets for Greek cuisine are made from certain types of wood. Many designers additionally process the surface to create the effect of artificial aging.
Such experiments have a beneficial effect on the overall situation, allowing the owners of the house to fully plunge into the life of ancient Hellas.
An excellent addition to the interior can serve the following attributes:
- Chairs, woven from the vine;
- Wooden rectangular table;
- Many small shelves without doors on the walls;
- Transparent glass cupboard;
- Old worn lockers.
We are glad to note that the Greek style does not require compliance with any fashion trends. On the contrary, its main feature is simplicity and straightforwardness.
Bright, eye-catching, accessories do not fit here, but the refined carving and barely noticeable lacquer coating - quite.
If you look at any photo of the kitchen in the Greek style, you will not find there any excesses, but the room will seem refined and noble.
However, the lack of pretentiousness and a variety of accessories does not mean that there should be no jewelry at all.
In order to give the Greek cuisine some zest, you should give preference to such decorative elements:
- High vessels, inside which are fragrant herbal and aroma oils;
- Dried greens collected in bunches and hung over the plate;
- Clay vases with artificial flowers inside;
- Cotton towels for the kitchen with the original ornament;
- Pig-iron ware - cauldrons and frying pans;
- Ceramic sets of saucers, cups and teapots;
- Handmade clay pots;
- Sea elements in transparent ware;
- Wicker baskets for bread and fruit.
Greek style is often called Mediterranean country. This is not surprising, because only he is able to recreate a cozy and original atmosphere at the same time.
The Greek-style kitchen will seem flooded with sunlight even on the most overcast day.
Do not be afraid of cold shades in the design - they do not disturb the warm home environment.
Photo cuisine in the Greek style