Geyser coffee makers: a review of models
- Types and design features
- Advantages and disadvantages
- The nuances of choice
- Model overview and reviews
Technical progress does not stand still, creating more and more new amenities not only on the scale of production, but even in everyday life. He also touched coffee drinkers who can afford to replace outdated drip coffee makers with professional home appliances. For example, geyser coffee machines are still considered to be a kind of novelty. They are a simple and fast way to make aromatic coffee, while allowing you to experiment with its composition and strength. It is not surprising that many branded vehicle manufacturers offer their models of similar machines on the market.
Types and design features
Interestingly, geyser coffee brewing systems themselves are not a phenomenal invention. Moreover, a similar principle was once implemented in the 90s, and in our time has received a new round of development. Modern geyser coffee makers are quite simple. In essence, the principle of their work was the reason for such a peculiar name. The machine is very similar in shape to an hourglass, the lower compartment is a tank of water, and in the upper one there is a ready-made drink. Both compartments are interconnected by a small funnel-shaped tube, and between them is a special strainer, inside of which contains the base, that is, ground natural or instant coffee. After turning on the machine, the water quickly heats up, passes under pressure through the filter and breaks out into the upper compartment, reminding the geyser, which determined the name of the coffee maker of such a system.
At the same time, coffee is brewed not by water vapor, but by passing water through the base. Steam is used primarily to create pressure and push water into the upper compartment from the lower one. Thanks to this, an espresso drink is not too hot, but strong enough. To date, this scheme is virtually unchanged.
Different models and types of geyser coffee machines differ in functionality and degree of automation. For example, the simplest coffee makers require manual filling of the compartment with water, removing the filter to fill it, and manually turning it off after the drink is ready. More expensive and well-thought-out models are different practicality, the presence of a timer, the ability to connect the coffee machine to the water supply system and many others.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any technique, similar models of coffee makers have their own advantages and disadvantages. Of course, many of them can vary depending on the type of model, its quality, and many other factors. Nevertheless, it is possible to single out a general number of advantages, which are characteristic of even the simplest geyser machines, which were distributed back in the 90s.
- Very simple design and easy scheme of work. This is convenient and practical, as it allows you to control the preparation of a drink at any of its stages, starting with the selection of water and ending with the definition of strength. In addition, the simple design makes it easy to disassemble and assemble the coffee maker for preventive cleaning;
- If we talk about the quality of the taste of coffee drink, The drip coffee makers that have become classics clearly lose out to geyser. Due to the passage of water under the pressure of steam, espresso becomes more saturated and fragrant;
- The best combination of price and quality. Again, a rather simple design scheme allows modern manufacturers to make the base of the coffee maker from fairly reliable materials without special costs;
- Typically, these machines do not take up much space. Buying a geyser coffee maker can be a great solution for small-sized machines or studio apartments;
- One of the unique features of such coffee makers is the presence of models that do not require electricity, since water can be heated using a burner or any other source of fire. In other words, such a "teapot" can be taken with you to the cottage or hiking;
- You can not limit yourself only coffee. Geyser system allows you to brew tea or herbal infusion. To do this, it is enough to fill the filter with any kind of welding or grass collection;
- Most models are equipped with an automatic shutdown system., as soon as water is poured from the lower reservoir to the upper one. It will not allow the drink to boil over or spill;
- Also often found automatic heating system. Thanks to her, your drink will always remain quite hot and fresh.
As for the shortcomings, they can not be called too significant. Rather, these are some inconveniences caused by the general principle of geyser coffee makers. Most often, note the following:
- If you don't use such a coffee machine for too long, then oxidation may begin on the inner surface of the upper tank, which negatively affects the taste and smell of coffee. However, this problem is more typical for cheap aluminum models, but coffee makers made of plastic or stainless steel do not suffer from this;
- The amount of brewed beverage is completely dependent on the size of your geyser coffee maker. Add water or fill the coffee filter during operation will not work;
- Also often in negative reviews. there is no foam on coffee;
- Besides this geyser coffee makers do not have built-in grinders, so you have to separately handle the grain.
The nuances of choice
Of course, the taste and quality of coffee is always primarily depends on the selected grains and water. Nevertheless, the features used by the coffee maker also play an important role. When choosing a reliable assistant for your kitchen, pay attention to such details as:
- Power. Typically, for mocha machines, as geysers are sometimes called, this value can reach from 300 to 1000 watts. From the rate of power depends directly on the speed of preparation of your drink.
- Materials. It is best to avoid aluminum and plastic, because soon the espresso coffee prepared in this technique will acquire an unpleasant smell and taste. Best of all models that have water jugs made of stainless steel. Sometimes the inner surface can be ceramic, which is considered an ideal option, but it can be much more expensive.
- Auto power off. Now this function does not possess unless only the cheapest or hiking options.
- Auto Heater. It is especially important to make sure it is available if you purchase a fairly voluminous version of the coffee maker. Usually, the finished beverage is heated by a flat disk at the base of the top flask. In more advanced models, you can even set a specific time during which the machine will maintain the desired temperature.
- The timer can also be not superfluous. With it, the required time is set when the coffee maker turns on itself and starts preparing your favorite aromatic espresso.
Model overview and reviews
Now in a huge assortment of hardware stores you can easily get lost. Many manufacturers present their versions of geyser models, which are distinguished by certain qualities. In order to make it a little easier to choose from the abundance of popular brands, we have prepared for you a small review.
- The Gipfel brand has the most famous Azzimato model. This is a rather capacious coffee maker, which can simultaneously brew 500 ml of drink, that is, about 10 cups, which is quite a good indicator for geyser models.
Given the high-quality material, namely stainless steel, as well as great functionality, it is not surprising that the Azzimato model is quite expensive. On the other hand, this price is fully justified by the reliability of the equipment and the quality of the beverage produced.
- Coffee machine Delonghi EMKM.6.B cheaper due to the plastic cover and some other elements. However, the main flask is made of glass, so the quality of espresso does not deteriorate. In general, this is an excellent choice for a family, as you can brew up to 6 small or 3 large mugs of coffee at a time.
- Zeidan Z4071 is the cheapest, classic model available to everyone. Its only advantage is the manufacture of tanks from high-quality stainless steel. This model is not equipped with any automatic systems and is very similar to standard geyser coffee makers from the 90s. This technique produces another reliable brand - Fissman.
- A cheaper option is Teskoma Paloma coffee maker, Bekker "Koch" models or similar product brands Vetta and Vinzer which are made of aluminum. There are also hiking options for such a model, designed for cooking from 3 to 6 mugs at a time, but due to the use of aluminum as a material for the flask, they cannot be used for a long time.
- If you are interested in a more reasonable combination of price and quality., then pay attention to Kelli KL-3018 or Irit IRH-453, using stainless steel.
- Ariete Moka Aroma can be a good choice. from the middle price category. It is a compact but powerful 400W coffee machine. Perfect for a small family, which does not represent the beginning of the day without a cup of strong drink. In this model, a system of auto heating flasks.
- But the brand GAT favorably with competitors external style. Very often, coffee makers from this manufacturer get because of the unusual design, made on top of the flask made of stainless steel. Such small classic geyser models have gained quite a lot of popularity also due to their low cost. A similar option could be a geyser coffee maker from the company. Pedrini or Vitesse.
- More expensive, but interesting option - geyser model from the brand Hotter with a flask of real glass. In addition to high quality, this manufacturer offers quite a lot of functionality, up to the possibility of creating a lush skin, temperature control, an automatic on and off timer.
How to make a delicious coffee in a geyser coffee maker, see the next video.