Fruit and vegetable juicers
The juice from fruits and vegetables, cooked at home, differs from the freshness of freshness, the presence of large amounts of vitamins and minerals. Liquids obtained from berries, herbs and fruits, have a tonic effect, can quickly raise the immune system and improve health.
In order to squeeze the juice at home, you need a juicer. It is easy to select a model for pressing, if you know about the functions, understand how the machine works and have an idea about the manufacturers. Let's try to understand all the intricacies of the juicer.
Juicers for vegetables and fruits are divided according to several criteria. According to the type of operation, the type of extraction and materials of manufacture. Thanks to this, it is easy to choose the appropriate option. You can use any model of juicer - someone likes a quick spin, but for someone it is important to save all the vitamins and minerals. The market of models offers a wide selection.
So, juicers differ in function:
- Mechanical. Option with the classic method of processing products. When using such a mechanism, a mechanical action is applied from the side to squeeze the juice. As a rule, such juicers are universal (that is, squeeze the juice from fruits and vegetables), but are used infrequently. They are compact and easy to use. The mechanism in this case works by hand, and involves continuous exposure. An hour can be obtained from 1 liter of juice. The internal valve, through manual scrolling from the outside, cuts through fruits and vegetables, pressing the gruel in a separate compartment - this is how juice is squeezed. Cons - inconvenience in use and the need to clean the internal valve. Pros - saving electricity and preserving all the vitamins in the juice.
- Automatic. In this case, juice squeeze devices work, thanks to electricity. There is no need to exert any mechanical impact - unless you turn on the power button. The market also presents mini-options.
- Electric models squeeze out juice much faster, make it more concentrated and cleaner. However, due to the fast scrolling of the grinding blades inside, the juice can heat up - this affects the quality. There is a slight oxidation of the final product and the loss of useful trace elements. Advantages - continuous work, the ability to change modes, quick spin. Disadvantages - a large consumption of electricity, sediment in the juice, the loss of vitamins.
It should also be emphasized that the models may differ not only in the method of pressing, but also in appearance. For example, it happens:
- citrus model;
The differences are in the materials of manufacture. There are plastic - cheaper models, with a metal case and aluminum coating. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. And now more.
This juicer, as the name implies, can produce citrus juice. Models are available to choose from: mechanical and electrical. The devices are light and easy to use. Their main difference is budget.
The mechanism of operation: during operation, the fruit must be supported by hand, squeezing the juice (this does not apply to more expensive counterparts). The device can be decomposed into the following components: a container for juice, a cone-shaped blade and a mini-engine with a power of 30 to 90 watts.
You should know that when buying this device, you need to take into account some factors:
- squeezing functions are limited: it will be possible to get juice only from oranges, grapefruits, sweets and tangerines;
- In some models, the shape of the nose can be uncomfortable. Attention should be paid to the location of this part, otherwise the juice may spill;
- it will be necessary to independently select the capacity for juice;
- Pay attention to the models where there is a function of direct juice supply. In this case, you can get the squeeze directly into the glass;
- in some devices there is a function of reversing - the simultaneous use of the blades in both directions. At the same time you can get more juice;
- thanks to the various nozzles that are attached to the device, it will be possible to change the functions of pressing: make the juice thicker, with pulp, or more transparent;
- the device should be selected with a lever or fruit holder - this will avoid contamination of the kitchen with splashes;
- models with a cylindrical separator will need to be cleaned every three to four glasses of juice. It is better to select the nozzle in the form of a cone - cleaning is easier, but the performance is worse.
A juicer with a centrifugal juice squeeze system is a classic model. Mechanisms of this type have:
- fruit loading compartment;
- blade set;
- a separator that moves in a circle (hence the name). Its shape may be in the form of a cone or cylinder;
- operation panel;
- container for juice.
Fruits and vegetables are placed in a special compartment with a vegetable cutter, after which they are skipped and pushed through by a pusher. After grinding with a set of blades, the slurry is filtered and the juice falls into a glass.
Due to the high speeds of the internal engine, the juice can heat up (foam forms on its surface) and lose its beneficial properties - most of the vitamins do not tolerate heat treatment. Sometimes, a liquid may have a sediment or several layers.
In a centrifugal juicer, a grater with cells is used, which creates a safety structure. But this device can not be used to squeeze the juice from herbs and solid products. The mechanism is suitable for soft fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables are processed in such a juicer in several ways - it all depends on the shape of the separator. For example, with a cylinder at the base - the juice is decanted from the side walls, rotating in a circle (the cake remains inside). At a cone form - cake is ejected automatically.
As a rule, centrifugal juicers strongly vibrate and rustle. However, you can use them for a long time - perfectly squeezed juices for the winter. It is also suitable for squeezing juice from beets and carrots. The device can be used daily.
Juice extractors of this type have an unusual method of work: squeezing occurs in a gentle way, thanks to the grinding and pressing of products. Sometimes in the mechanism of work there are several compartments for the press, so that the squeeze is much better. With such a spin, the juice does not heat up and retains all the beneficial microelements.
The screw juice extractor is suitable for all types of fruit, vegetables, and even greens. The squeeze can be obtained even from the grains - for example, almond or soy milk. The device itself is much quieter than other juicers, but it works longer.
Universal mechanisms that are used in the base, allow not only to get juices, but also oils. And the design is equipped with an automatic discharge of the cake in a special container. Main advantages:
- screw devices are almost silent;
- the rotation of the mechanism is carried out at the optimum speed in order to spin the cold type, therefore, 30% more nutrients are stored in the juice;
- The juicer is able to process herbs, stalks and sprouts. Thanks to this, you can make herbal smoothies that are valuable in chlorophyll;
- screw easier to clean. There is no slotted separator in the device. The mechanism is complete, it does not need to be cleaned with special brushes, and penetrate into the engine with sharp knives.
Auger juice extractor - a professional type of devices. According to reviews, its use is universal: it processes fruits, vegetables, berry platter, greens and herbs. A small construction, for example, can be used to make fresh juice and light vitamin cocktails.
There is a list of the main criteria that you need to pay attention to when choosing a juicer.
- The body and its material. Metal constructions in juicers are the basis of a long service life. As a rule, where the body is made of metal, there is an internal mechanism of steel. Such models have increased resistance to internal loads and external damage. According to reviews, it is the plastic models fail most often. The metal is used in the case of centrifugal juicers - so the loads are easily transferred, and the device works as long as possible without overheating. Plastic is used in the instrument case for citrus.
- Filter. The internal mechanism may also differ in the material of manufacture. To determine what is necessary for you, you should answer the question: how often will you use the juicer? If not every day, then pay attention to citrus fruit juicers: they are light and economical, and they are based on plastic. If it is important for you to receive a dose of vitamins every day, then stop your choice on a screw-type juicer with a steel plastic filter, since the pressure during the spinning process is not strong. However, remember that when choosing a centrifugal mechanism - only the metal should be at the base.
- Loading bay The standard size of the hole for fruits and vegetables is 75 mm. The larger the diameter, the faster the juice is squeezed out of the products. Therefore, the indicator is determined by the law: wider - better. However, it is also important the distance from the neck of the compartment to the grater. In order not to hurt your fingers when loading products, measure the distance in an uncomplicated way: just measure the length of the hole by putting your finger on the base - if the distance to the neck is smaller, then you should not take such a juicer.
- The volume of the container for juice. For a family of several people, a 450 ml beaker is suitable. If the family is more than 4 people, then it is necessary to choose a reservoir that can hold at least 1 liter.
- Method of cleaning the device. There is automatic and manual cleaning. In cylindrical models, there is usually a lever or a button for dumping residues. Auger juice extractors are equipped with an automatic system for the discharge of oil cake (usually a compartment is provided for instant removal of residual phenomena) - a container (cup, bowl) must be inserted into the channel. Manual cleaning has a cone-shaped spin filter for citrus.
- Brushes for cleaning. Necessary attribute when using a cylindrical juicer. The brushes need to clean the cylinder cells so as not to injure the fingers.
- Modern features. Additional technologies that simplify the use of the instrument are also important. For example, the drop-stop mode can be turned on when it is necessary to immediately stop the flow of juice (after switching on, not a single drop is spilled on the table). On some models there is an additional option of smooth start: thanks to this, the juicer does not heat up, and the pressing process is not accompanied by a sharp splashing of juice. A distinctive feature of screw devices - rubberized legs, which help to fix the position of the mechanism. In this case, sound insulation is also created.
- Production. An important criterion when choosing a juicer is to pay attention to the manufacturer. The best reviews are from Bosch, Braun and Kenwood. Juicers from these companies differ in quality performance and long warranty period. As a rule, the warranty period is always large - from two years. In case of breakage, the device can be attributed to the replacement center, and it will be quickly brought into operation. This indicates a responsible approach to the production of juicers.
How to choose
The choice of juicer should be based on your preferences and the budget you have allocated. In order not to regret your purchase, you can use some tricks:
- Few people know when purchasing a product how good it will be. And if the purchase is unsuccessful or defective, then even with the love of juices, the auger can be removed in the far corner. Therefore, entering the electronics store, it is better to take an inexpensive model. So you can get acquainted with the basic functions, and do not be upset if something does not suit you;
- carefully read the information about a particular product and instructions. Perhaps, already at this stage you will like it or vice versa, the juicer will not suit you;
- Test the device you like right in the store. We are not talking about squeezing the juice, but to check the working condition, press the on / off button, nevertheless, it is recommended;
- Be sure to review the warranty card. The warranty period of one year already says that you can buy a juicer - its service will be long-lasting, and if it breaks down, the device will either be changed or commissioned.
Positive feedback brands Bosch, Braun, Kenwood and Moulinex. If we consider the pricing policy, economical juicers from companies Redmond and SCARLETT. Certain models deserve attention.
Juicers from the company Bosh are a leader in the quality standards of the models offered. Universal models (centrifugal type) have a steel and stainless case. The spout in the line is equipped with the DropStop function - which is very convenient. The quality and reliability of the design are more expensive models (Bosch MES 4010), and more economical options, such as Bosch MES 3000.
Bosch MES 3000
It has standard features, but has its advantages. You can immerse whole fruits and vegetables in a juicer. The mechanism works in several modes and is able to squeeze the juice from solid vegetables. The design is fixed on rubberized legs for safe fixation.
Juicer model Bosch MES 3000 has the function of automatic cleaning of the cake. Included is a special container for processed fruit. The filter has several phases of cleaning, allowing you to separate the pulp in the juice from the liquid, remove the foam. The volume of the model is 1.25 liters. At a time the juicer processes several liters.
Bosch MES 4010
Differences of this model from the Bosch MES 3000 is an increased volume for juice (3 liters), a greater number of speeds and an extended neck. The centrifugal type juicer has a function of accidental activation, is equipped with a soft start mode and is protected from warming up.
The next brand, not inferior in quality, is Moulinex. The line of models is represented by a metal case and a high neck. Included is always a container for dumping the processed pulp. As a rule, models from Moulinex have a stylish design, while the most expensive “JU 650” or “ZU 5008” assemblies are much cheaper than Bosh analogs. There are also models that have a plastic case - they are cheaper than half of metal structures.
JU 650 Smith XXL by Moulinex
Assembly with multiple functions: a centrifugal spin system with a metal frame, has a volume of 2 liters and two speeds for spin. Also, the model is equipped with a function of overheating, a compartment for the power cord, and the neck is represented by a rounded shape.
Moulinex ZU 5008 Infiny Press Revolution
The model has a screw option spin. That is, the juice can be squeezed not only from fruits and vegetables, but also from plants. The method of pressing allows you to squeeze the maximum out of the pulp. Differences from other manufacturers: consumes little energy, has a removable glass, low weight. Since the model has rubber feet, its location can be changed.
Models of this company are represented by a universal type. Virtually the entire line has the function of changing the spin speed, is automated in cleaning, and the body is represented in the metal. The most powerful model from KENWOOD - JE 880 (2000 W). This is a professional juicer that allows you to squeeze soft fruits and hard vegetables as quickly and efficiently as possible at two speeds. A special system of overload allows you to turn off the device in critical situations, the spout is equipped with a function to prevent drip splashing. Juicer easy to clean in the dishwasher, all parts are removable, easy to replace.
Belarusian company that produces simple but durable models. For example, the model SVPS-301 is capable of squeezing 0.5 liters of juice from soft fruits and vegetables in a few minutes. Another design - the SVSP-301MB is able to cope with simple grinding of hard vegetables, as it comes with a special nozzle for cutting. Slices are either mashed or finely chopped. Another analogue, for example, SVPS-102 is a real food processor. There are several modes of not only pressing, but also shredding. Graters that go to the kit allow you to grind the hardest vegetables. All models have low power (300 W).
Using these recommendations and brief reviews, you will not be mistaken in your choice of juicers.