Samsung No Frost Refrigerator
Today's home appliance market is rich in refrigeration devices, which are distinguished not only by their stylish design, but also by their high manufacturability. System No frost attributed to the latest developments that can provide maximum comfort to the user and not worry about regular defrosting of the unit.
Samsung's two-chamber refrigerator is in high demand. No frost, where in the instruction manual, the user can learn about all the advantages of this unit and how it should be taken care of. Positive feedback from users who purchased this device speak for themselves.
However, such a sophisticated modern technology requires careful study of the principle of its operation in order to become familiar with the possible types of failures and for what reason they may occur.
The Samsung No Frost range of refrigerators has a freezer without a metal evaporator in which products are frozen — this is its main difference from units that have a familiar cooling system.
The Samsung No Frost refrigeration unit features the following features:
- This is a model with an evaporator removed from the cold chamber and placed in the back of the case.. It is hidden plastic panels. This technology is also called "freezing in a windy way." The products in this refrigerator cools the cold air circulating through the chambers. It passes through the evaporator, and in fact - the air cooler. This device looks similar to a car radiator. Where exactly the location of the air cooler will be - at the top, bottom or behind the back wall of the freezer - depends on the specific model of the device.
- The units of this system are equipped with an additional fan, it is located behind the evaporator.. This depends on it the intake of air from the refrigerator and freezer and its further run through the evaporator. There is air cooling to a predetermined rate, and then through the channels it is fed to the address.
Basically, the cooling is fed into the freezer, but part of it goes, of course, in the refrigerator.
- Although the system is called “No Frost”, which means “without frost”, but the evaporation of moisture on the evaporator does occur, only we do not see it, just as we do not see the evaporator itself. It takes from eight to sixteen hours (depending on the model), and the frost begins to melt. To do this, under the evaporator are special elements that are heated at the right time. The start of defrosting depends on the timer command, which can be both mechanical and electronic.
This technology allows you to clean the refrigerator no more than once a year, making it easier for the owner of the “miracle unit” to save and save time.
More about defrosting
In order for the refrigerator to function normally, periodic defrosting is necessary. This standard procedure for the Samsung No Frost refrigerator is as follows:
- Some specific time passes, when the timer counts the cycles of freezing, and it opens some contacts and closes the others. This is accompanied by an open circuit supplying the fan and the compressor, and the heating elements are turned on.
- As a result, the surface of the evaporator is heated, the frost thaws and turns into water. Water, in turn, fills a special tank, which is located from the rear of the freezer, directly on the compressor. Due to the fact that during operation the compressor is heated to a sufficiently high temperature, over time there is no trace of melt water.
What advantages do Samsung No Frost refrigerators have?
- uniform distribution temperatures;
- quick recovery the necessary parameters for the safety of products, if there was a large load of the unit or the doors often open;
- efficient and uniform cooling products using a multithreaded system when the access of the cooling flow is possible to each shelf;
- high quality thermal insulation. The desired temperature in the freezer and in the refrigerator can be quickly set on a digital display;
- container protection. Stable low temperatures of the protected container helps to keep products in perfect condition, and the medicines placed in it will be inaccessible to children;
- preserving fresh fruits and vegetables quite a long time;
- You do not need to spend power and your precious time on frequent defrosting.
About the disadvantages:
- The disadvantage of this unit is that the products are constantly blown by the air flow, and, as a result, they turn out to be weathered and dehydrated. But this can be avoided if the products are stored packed;
- works noisily;
- in the chamber, part of its volume is occupied by embedded equipment;
- high power consumption, resulting in increased costs for electricity;
- unit cost exceeds the cost of models with a drip system.
How to properly operate
With such a serious technique you need to do with knowledge and to operate strictly according to the rules specified in the instructions. So you can save the device from many breakdowns and extend its service life.
How to store products:
- It is recommended to put the prepared dish into the unit only after it has completely cooled.. All products must be packaged in fresh-preserving bags or containers with lids, then they will not be weathered and produce odors.
- Ready to eat foods, should be kept separate from raw.
- There must be short distances between products., then the air will circulate freely and effectively cool each of them.
- Remove from the refrigerator everything that has expired. After washing out the fruits or vegetables, wait until they are completely dry, and only then fold them into the special compartments of the device.
How to clean the Samsung No Frost refrigerator and how to care for it:
- If for some reason you will find that there is frost and icing inside, the unit should be immediately turned off and completely defrost. All moisture must be removed using a soft cloth.
- The equipment of this system has only one branch with drip type.. When you have removed the power cord from the network, open the doors of this compartment for quick defrosting.
- The fridge in the on state can be cleaned, in principle, can, but only if the room where it is located is not too hot. Otherwise, the compressor will simply overheat and will not work.
- To fridge wash, You will need soft napkins and the means by which you usually wash the dishes. Abrasive products are prohibited in this case. At the end of the wash, all surfaces of the device should be wiped dry. Try to remove the pollution immediately, as soon as they appear - so they will not have time to enter into the internal surfaces.
- Surface of the back of the refrigerator must also be cleaned.
- Such a major cleaning recommended only once a year.
- In order to exclude breakdowns in the compressor, it can be switched on again only after 5 minutes has passed since it was turned off.
- It is strictly forbidden to spray aerosol preparations such as varnishes and paints near the working unit. It is fraught with explosion.
- The device must be operated exclusively indoors, not outdoors. In no case should it rain.
- When the room is too hot, you should rarely open the door of the refrigerator, and even more so - not to close them for a long time.
- A refrigerator is not a place for storing corrosive or explosive substances. Glass containers should not be placed in the freezer, as this may lead to cracking of the glass.
- If it is obvious that the unit is unstable or there are some damages on it, you cannot use the device.
- Indoors, the burning rays of the sun should not fall on it; a gas stove or any other device that radiates heat should not be near it.
The refrigerator basically breaks when it is improperly installed or not operated according to the rules. In any case, you should not try to disassemble the unit yourself and find the fault should not occur - so you will lose the possibility of warranty service of the device by the manufacturer.
Thermal relay in the evaporator
This will become clear by the fact that the evaporator is covered with frost. A few days of such operation will lead to the fact that the device will freeze at all, and there will be a high temperature in the chambers. The thermostat does not perform its functions and turns off the compressor. What should be done:
- unplug the power cord;
- remove all contents from the unit along with shelves and drawers;
- completely open the door for the quickest defrosting of the device (it will take from 8 to 10 hours);
- call professionals from the service center - most likely you will have to change the control board.
The symptoms in this case will be similar to the previous failure. But in this case you don’t have to do anything on your own - the sequence of your actions is the same as with a faulty relay.
About other breakdowns:
- break the circuit on the heating element for thawing;
- freon flows out;
- if you do not follow the rules of operation, the capillary line or the drying filter may also be clogged;
- less often such a problem occurs as a break in the winding on the compressor. It may jam the engine, and the engine simply stops rotating;
- faults in the fan that blows the evaporator. This will become clear by the fact that he will stop making noise, and the temperature in the chambers will rise.
All the listed malfunctions of your refrigerator need a professional service center Samsung.
Samsung No Frost refrigerators are designed in such a way that in order to ensure smooth operation they need to carry out a specified clear pattern, that is, the functioning of the freeze and defrost cycles must be complete. If this scheme is violated (for example, electricity was disconnected in the house without warning), malfunctions may occur. These are, albeit a miracle units, but capricious.
About some additional options
Any model of Samsung refrigerators has a certain set of "super capabilities":
- setting the mode of operation "vacation", you can leave the house for a long time - the whole freezer will be functioning all this time;
- shock freezing or super-freezing is resorted to, when in this or that product you need to keep as many vitamins as possible;
- if you clogged the refrigerator with food, which is called "to the eyeballs", set the supercooling mode - and everything will be fine.
Is it important to level
No, the level here is useless.
The unit just has to stand steady and not swing. These devices are equipped with front legs, the height of which can be adjusted. Problems can arise only with a very uneven floor, but then it just needs to be leveled. The verticality of the position is determined purely visually, and, as advised by the developers, it is better that the refrigerator would have a slight tilt to the back - just the door would fit better.
If the ajar door gradually closes itself from its weight, then the unit is in the correct position.
Connect to the network - recommendations
Not everything is as simple as it may seem. Proper connection is a guarantee of the absence of quite a few problems. The socket should be only under the refrigerator and be near it, it is important that it has a grounding according to all the rules. The socket and cord plug should match each other by type, although Samsung units supplied to residents of Russia have both types of plugs included.
Forbidden any options with adapters, tees and extension cords.
The rigidity of these conditions is needed for fire safety, to protect the consumer from the shock of current and for the effective operation of the unit the entire due time. In the text of the warranty card of the majority of manufacturers or repairmen, the phrase that a person loses the right to warranty service of his refrigerator is included if the device is connected to the network incorrectly. So this is a very important point.
Heating in the device side walls
There are some variants of Samsung models that are designed with a capacitor in the side wall of the device. Artificial cold is different than by not heating the condenser strongly, and this, of course, leads to heating of the device walls. But this process is replaced by pauses, when the compressor does not work, and then the walls cool down.
In a different way, we can say that - the walls of your unit will heat up or not - it depends only on the model you have chosen, or rather, on the features in its design. This problem is not considered a malfunction.
In order for the refrigerator to function efficiently, it is not possible to do without heat exchange between the environment and the condenser. In this regard, the distance from the wall of the refrigerator to any other device or furniture in the room should exceed five centimeters.
Heated bulkhead between fridge and freezer
If you understand, the heating occurs not only in the partition (more precisely, in its front part, which has contact with the rubber seal for the door). Heated the whole door in the freezer. Without heating, the difference between ambient temperatures and freezers would contribute to the formation of condensate that would collect on this surface. So that these surfaces can warm up, there is a special type of heater in the cabinet of the device.
Heating rubber sealing in the freezer door
The reason for heating the rubber in the freezer door is the contact with the refrigerator, which has its own heating device. But the fact that the rubber seal in the freezer door heats up does not mean that the Samsung No Frost refrigerator is defective.