Hood for kitchen with a vent to the ventilation
Extractor hood for the kitchen with a vent to the ventilation - one of the most popular types of kitchen devices, working silently. They meet all regulatory indicators. This hood is installed above the gas stove. The design is good because it has a protective mesh that retains grease and dirt, preventing them from getting into the vent pipe. Hood with a tap as efficient as possible, fits perfectly into the style of high-tech interior or loft.
Device and principle of operation
Any hostess dreams of a beautiful and effective hood. Hood becomes not only a decoration of the kitchen, but also performs the main function - it cares for the cleanliness of the air, and also eliminates the need to clean furniture from greasy deposits and burning. The simple design of the exhaust hood with ventilation ensures that dirty air is drawn into the pipe, all the dirt and grease is collected on the grid. If necessary, it can be removed and cleaned.
Hoods with air ducts have two types of outlet: plastic and corrugated.
- Plastic tubingand consists of various synthetic materials or white PVC. It is durable, lightweight, inexpensive. In addition, polyvinyl chloride is not afraid of temperature changes and is resistant to caustic alkalis and acids. PVC pipe is easy to install.
- Corrugated Aluminum Tube has a big drawback - an ugly appearance. Such an air duct can be hidden with a cabinet or sheathed on top. Plus the aluminum construction is that it is easy to assemble and give the desired shape. Exhaust to the kitchen with a vent to the ventilation is more preferable than a device with filtration. It removes dirty air from the room by 99.9%. If two motors are installed in the hood, the device will cope with air cleaning in very large rooms.
Hood with air duct - economical and unpretentious to maintain. It does not need to replace filters that are expensive. The hood has two built-in filters. Zhiroulavlivayuschy made of metal mesh, it is easy to clean and it does not need to be changed. The second odor filter is made of acrylic. The main disadvantages of hoods with air duct - the complexity of self-installation, the need to possess certain knowledge and skills for proper installation.
The extract consists of several parts: a metal or plastic body; a fan that draws air into the duct; pre-filter - made of steel and resembles a mesh, it can also be made of acrylic or foil; duct connected with ventilation. In a hood with a drain instead of steel disposable grease filters can be installed. They require replacement over time. As a rule, they are put in a budget model.
Functioning devices with a vent to the ventilation elementary. When the hood turns on, the electric motor draws in polluted air. Partially it cleans the grease filter. Air enters the air duct, then into the ventilation duct and goes outside. The higher the speed of the motor, the cleansing is faster and better. For maximum exhaust efficiency, normal air leakage is required (it can be provided by opening the window).
A kitchen hood with a vent to the ventilation is always installed above the stove. Hoods are divided by fastening methods. They are built and suspended. Depending on the installation site, extracts are chimney, corner, island, inclined.
- Hinged. The hinged or suspended hood got its name thanks to the mounting method. It is mounted on the wall, often under the cabinet (if it is electric) and above the stove. This model saves space, and a special built-in grill retains fat on its surface and does not allow burning in the pipe. Hinged hood democratic, has a low noise level, it looks neat.
- Embedded. Hoods with duct connection are the most economical and convenient to use. Plus embedded model is that it is suitable for rooms of any size. Hood fits perfectly into the most elegant or sophisticated interior, it is easy to install yourself. The depth of the built-in hood is 60 cm. Models with a sliding canopy save space in the kitchen. With independent connection of the device also there will be no problems.
- Island Such hoods are also called suspended. If the stove is located in the center of the kitchen, it is most convenient to install an island hood over it. The air duct fits well into the design and blends with it. Island hood looks beautiful and original. Ideal for large rooms.
- Fireplace. An interesting and beautiful model that is used for arranging designer kitchens in luxury homes and apartments. It is expensive, but it looks luxurious. In order to install a chimney hood, a modern, well-developed ventilation system must be present in the room. It will cope with a huge stream of dirty air and water vapor. It is not recommended to connect a chimney hood yourself due to complicated installation. It is better to entrust it to specialists.
- Inclined. Stylish and miniature model. It harmoniously fits into the interior of a small kitchen with designer furniture. The design is designed in such a way that it draws in polluted air vapors into a special umbrella or dome. The lattice of such models is removed and easy to clean.
- Corner. The design of the corner hoods with the output is designed to place the device in the corner of the room. Corner models are mounted on the wall and may have a dome shape. Placing a hood and a gas stove in a corner of the kitchen is a non-standard solution, but it saves space and is perfect for small kitchens. Corner hoods are T-shaped and domed. Mounted on a wall, a ventilation hole should be located close.
The hoods are connected to the ventilation shaft, where the polluted air goes. The dimensions of the corner hood should correspond to the dimensions of the gas stove or be larger. This is necessary so that the device sucks air better during cooking. Modern corner hoods with a bend are from 50 to 90 centimeters.
The appearance of the corner hood should match the overall design of the kitchen. Today you can find many models made from a combination of materials, using decorative elements. Pick the hood for the kitchen style. Color should be combined with furniture and the rest of the finish. When choosing a device, be guided by its performance.
When buying a hood, regardless of its type, ask the seller about the noise level of the model. If the device works loudly, it will bring discomfort. Powerful models are capable of making noise, which will be heard in the adjacent rooms. Comfortable noise level is in the range of 50 dB. According to the method of air purification, angular models are of different types.
Flow angle hoods are associated with natural ventilation of the kitchen. Circulating are rare and expensive. The most popular corner hoods are combined. They combine circulation and flow functions. Hoods connected to the ventilation, they installed carbon filters. The combined corner hoods are powerful and efficient.
Advantages and disadvantages
Hoods with exhaust have great advantages over air filtration devices.
- No maintenance is required for the exhaust hood (periodic cleaning of the filters).
- There is no need to change the filters (you only need to wash them in a timely manner).
- High performance due to low resistance in the filter.
- Removal of impurities in the air at 100%, regardless of their size.
Hoods with a tap will not fit into a small kitchen with open communications, for example, batteries in the upper part of the wall. They will look cumbersome and visually reduce the room. For small kitchens are perfect compact models. Before buying a hood, be sure to consider the size of the room.
Mounting a hood with a tap is a complicated process that should be trusted by professionals. The disadvantage of this device - the installation may take some time, it will require preparatory work and additional expenses. Remember that the parameters of the hood must match the size of the hob or be slightly larger.
Do it yourself
Installation of exhaust hoods is affected by duct variations. It is easy to mount the corrugated pipe independently without use of special tools. Corrugated pipe is made exclusively round shape. Its disadvantage is that during air circulation there is a lot of noise in it due to the presence of rings. The corrugated pipe is mounted in a straightened state.
Such a position reduces the noise level and protects the pipe from contamination. Plastic pipes are rectangular and round in shape. Mounted with elbows and adapters. Experts do not recommend installing more than 3 bends when installing the duct. To calculate the diameter of the pipe and the design itself, it is better to contact the specialists. Want to connect a kitchen hood to ventilation? The manufacturer's instructions can help with this.
Before installing the exhaust hood with a vent, determine the location and configuration of the duct. They differ in the shape of the section (round and rectangular), the materials from which the duct is made (metal and PVC) and the configuration of the air channel (rigid and flexible). Round air ducts are easier to install, but they take up a lot of space, unlike rectangular ones. If the duct of this form, be sure to buy the appropriate adapters.
Metal ducts are reliable, but have a high level of noise. Proper installation of exhaust hood with a vent to ventilation creates a small number of bends (up to three bends). Twisting at an angle of ninety degrees reduces the efficiency of exhaust and increases the noise. Remember that the air duct connecting to the ventilation must be of the same diameter throughout the whole section. If the area is reduced around the perimeter, it will lead to a decrease in the performance of the device.
Exhaust system connects easily, if you know the nuances and have certain skills. The most common dome hood with air duct is installed above the gas stove at a distance of 80 cm, and above the electrical one - 70 cm. If there is a large kitchen room in an apartment or house, the hood should correspond to the kitchen area. Its installation is as follows:
- Mounted on the wall. At this stage it is important to correctly mark the wall. Consider the height of the hood and gas stove. Fastenings must be reliable to withstand the weight of the device.
- After the mounting of the mounting is completed, an exhaust umbrella should be installed on them.
- An adapter — a corrugation-wall — is installed in the ventilation device. The inner diameter of the duct must match the outer diameter of the nozzle with grille.
- Fix the air duct to the ventilation window with one side and the other to the exhaust outlet. Use sealants for joints.
When choosing a hood with a vent to ventilation, be guided by its power. If you want to make the right choice, use the formula. For example, the kitchen area is 8 square meters. m., ceiling height - 3 meters, the formula will look like this: (8 m x 3 m x 12) + 30% = 374 kb. m. Thirty percent - the amount of power loss. Remember that a quality hood is made of durable material. The best is considered a stainless steel.
The presence of illumination indicates a high quality model. It is best to give preference to hoods with LED lamps. Low-end models of hoods with a tap can be controlled by buttons, more expensive ones by touch controls. When arranging the kitchen, remember that it should be not only functional, but also beautiful. If you are not sure that you will be able to make a high-quality installation of the hood with a tap yourself, hire professionals.