At the beginning of the 19th century, the empire style decorated the palaces and estates of nobles. This direction refers to the late classicism.
The main purpose of the Empire was the demonstration of impeccable taste with a combination of luxury.
Empire style in the kitchen
The target audience has not changed at all, the truth now is not kings and grandees, but wealthy people. From the past 2 centuries, the Empire style kitchen has changed a lot.
Empire features in modern interior:
- High ceilings;
- The correct proportions of the room;
- Elegance of every detail;
- Art painting;
- Columns, arches; Natural wood species: oak, beech;
- Venetian plaster is preferable for walls;
The Empire style in the interior of the kitchen will be complete if the room has a large yardage, and the walls and ceiling have the correct geometric proportions.
Shades for the Empire style kitchen
The color solution for the Empire style in the interior of the kitchen should be chosen in light colors. Pastel shades fit perfectly. It is necessary to avoid bright and flashy colors - not for the style of late classicism.
Cream gold - this combination appears when talking about the Empire style in the interior of the kitchen.
France is considered the birthplace of the Empire, and there they were very attentive to any details. But most importantly, no interior was complete without gilding.
The design of the Empire style kitchen provides for gold fittings everywhere: cabinets, chair legs, table framing, picture frames.
Architectural layout of late classicism
For empire kitchen zoning use the following techniques:
- Arched structures, semi-archs;
- Luxury upholstered furniture in the form of an island;
- Any interior is selected depending on the features of the kitchen layout.
For a kitchen of small metric area P shaped or square, you should not make the whole interior in the Empire style, because for it you need a span. Make only a hint of late classicism. Place a beautiful kitchen service with gold leaf or make a ceiling of stucco.
Empire style walls are smooth. From finishing materials Venetian plaster, marble or an exclusive designer tile will be preferable.
- To simulate the column, you can use the panel;
- For flooring modern manufacturers make special ceramic parquet - tile. Such a surface completely imitates wood of any species;
- The ceiling, like the walls, is smooth, but in some design projects stucco is used;
What furniture is suitable for an empire style in the kitchen?
Furniture made from natural wood will be a suitable material for a classic Empire style.
Mostly light shades are chosen, but if you like dark noble colors, then you can combine pastel and brown shades.
Empire style refers to the ancient style, so you should pay attention to the presence of antique decor.
Tip Do not overload the kitchen with decorative elements, because first and foremost the main purpose of this room is cooking and eating. Moderation is the main feature in late classicism.
- The doors of the cabinets should be transparent so that any guest can see the beauty of the kitchen utensils.
- The table is made of natural wood, and its legs are carved.
- Chairs have leather upholstery with armrests.
- The main feature of upholstered furniture in the ampire is the decorative legs of furniture that imitate the paws. Leather should not be used for upholstery - it can be leatherette or velvet.
- The number of chairs and ottomans in the kitchen should be fresh, while they should be located symmetrically all the furniture.
- Lighting in the Empire style plays one of the main roles, because the demonstration of the kitchen interior depends on how bright the light will be. The central figure in the lighting is a chandelier of crystal or lamps of modern shape.
- Additional elements of the decor are clocks, paintings, vases.
Below are photos of kitchens in the Empire style, where you can choose the one that suits you best.