The choice of the refrigerator involves an assessment of its technical characteristics, among which the type of defrost plays one of the main roles. The modern market represents the buyer several types of such systems. Great popularity in our time has acquired a drip fridge, which can be found in almost every kitchen.
How does the drip cooling system work?
The cooling of the air inside the refrigerator chamber is due to the cold walls inside which the refrigerant flows. This allows you to effectively maintain the temperature in the desired mode. To describe the operation of the drip system can be a few steps:
- The cooled wall has a temperature much lower., than in the environment. This leads to the fact that it begins to form condensate.
- With a very active and rapid decrease in temperature accumulated drops turn into small pieces of ice.
- After the temperature rises in the chamber, the ice gradually melts and flows into a special collection. This process is periodically repeated.
Please note that such a thawing system does not bear any harm to human health and at the same time very well preserve the freshness of the products.
The water in these refrigerators is collected in a special container. To prevent it from flowing out, experts recommend to monitor its level and, if necessary, pour it out. Although the system is equipped in such a way that it will have to be done very rarely, since the liquid will evaporate on its own.
Defrost drip systems are respected because they allow you to organize optimal storage conditions for products. These types of refrigerators have several significant advantages:
- Ease of work. The use of such technologies eliminates the need to completely turn off the refrigerator to defrost it. In such systems, this happens fully automatically without human intervention. One of the factors that the owner should observe is only the health of all the nodes of the mechanism.
- Reliability and long service life. Such systems can work for decades, as the system is relatively simple and is not damaged by external factors.
- Low cost. This includes not only the price of the drip-type refrigerators themselves, but also the cost of maintaining or repairing such mechanisms.
Disadvantages of "crying" refrigerators
Drip systems are very convenient and practical, which led to their popularity. Still, these mechanisms are not universal and have a certain number of negative sides:
- When the refrigerator defrosts, it turns it off. At this point, there is no refrigerant flowing into the chambers, which does not allow for quick and timely cooling or freezing of food.
- The freezer does not defrost itself, which can lead to the accumulation of a large amount of ice on the walls or tubes through which the refrigerant passes. Therefore, you need to periodically clean it, after disconnecting the refrigerator from the network. This can last for a certain time, which can lead to a loss of quality characteristics of products located in the refrigerator.
- When defrosting the camera a large amount of moisture is released, which does not always have a positive effect on food.
- Long period of thawing. This leads to the fact that the owner needs to spend a lot of time to clean the chambers of the refrigerator. Compared to automatic systems, this is very inconvenient and impractical. Please note that after defrosting the mechanism will still spend a certain amount of time to cool the products to the desired temperature.
- Uneven cooling. This is especially noticeable after defrosting chambers, where the temperature in different zones may differ by 5 degrees.
Why are drip systems worse than air?
Today, No Frost refrigerators, in which condensate is not collected, are gradually gaining popularity. Cooling occurs due to the cooled air flow that circulates inside the chambers. This technology has several differences from the drip system:
- Camera defrosting is fully automatic.. This applies even to freezers where ice does not accumulate.
- Lack of condensate or its minimum amount. This is due to the constant movement of air masses.
- Fast and uniform cooling. The temperature at all points of the cameras differs by only a few tenths of degrees.
- Minimal care. Since defrosting occurs automatically, a person only monitors the state of the refrigerator and its appearance.
Still, No Frost systems have several negative characteristics:
- Camera Capacity much less, than drip mechanisms.
- Price for "air" refrigerators higher than their drop counterparts.
- Repair of similar structures will cost much more, as the system is difficult in arrangement.
- High noise level (some modifications).
Defreeze the freezer
This action should be carried out periodically several times a year to avoid large accumulations of ice inside the tank. The defrosting technology of the freezer is not very complicated and requires adherence to several recommendations:
- Initially, you need to turn off the refrigerator from the power. If the device is equipped with two compressors, then you can disconnect the one that feeds the freezer. This will eliminate the change in temperature in the refrigerator.
- After that, you need to find in the freezer drainage hole and attach a special spoon to it. With it, the water will drain into a specific container, which must be substituted for it. To speed up the melting process, you can open the freezer door.
Sometimes the defrosting process may be accompanied by a large release of water that flows to the floor. Therefore, it is advisable to put old newspapers and a few rags around the refrigerator.
The operation of refrigerators with a drip system is reliable enough, but sometimes they can fail. To maximize life, you should follow a few simple guidelines:
- Cleaning all elements (panels, boxes) should be performed at least once a year.
- Do not try to scrape ice from the back.. This may result in damage to the system and rapid failure of the product.
- Not recommended for cleaning surfaces apply aggressive agents or metal brushes that may damage the coating.
Refrigerators with drip defrost system are very common. Among all this diversity, there are several popular models:
- Atlant XM 4013-100. The refrigerator has a large capacity (309 l). This allows you to place up to 246 liters of food in the refrigerating chamber. The shelves are made of impact-resistant glass, and there is also the possibility of hanging the doors. Freezer capacity reaches 6 kg / day.
- Candy CCTOS 502W. According to reviews, the refrigerator is perfect for office space. The total volume of the chambers is only 84 liters, among which the freezer takes 13 liters. The shelves are made of impact resistant glass. Freezer capacity does not exceed 2 kg / day.
- Snaige FR240-1101AA. Refrigerator with drip cooling is a design with a capacity of 212 liters. Among the positive features are the presence of a linear compressor, antibacterial protection and outweighing doors.
- Bosch KGV39VI31. The device is characterized by a unique design and minimal power consumption. The total volume of the chambers reaches 344 liters, among which the freezer takes 94 liters. Among the positive features are the presence of super-freezing, re-hanging doors, a calendar of frozen foods and a humidity regulator.
- Liebherr CU 3311. The two-chamber refrigerator produced in Germany belongs to class A ++. It consumes 191 kWh / year, which is quite economical. The shelves are made of impact-resistant glass, and inside the refrigerator there is LED lighting.
Refrigerators with drip defrosting are universal constructions that are great for both office and regular apartment. When choosing such equipment, it is important to evaluate not only the technical characteristics, but also the reputation of the manufacturer.
You will learn more about drip refrigerators in the following video.