Drip coffee makers: brand review
Real coffee lovers, who don’t even have a day without a favorite drink, prefer to use a coffee maker rather than make their own coffee. The primary task is to choose the right unit, which can be quite difficult.
Drip-type coffee makers have a simple working principle. It is necessary to pour ground coffee into the filter, pour water, close the lid, turn on the machine, and after a few minutes you can enjoy your favorite drink. Drip coffee makers have certain advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of coffee machines.
- easy to use;
- relatively low cost;
- do not take up much space in the kitchen;
- the ability to prepare a large enough amount of coffee at a time;
- auto heating function.
- the need for constant replacement of filters;
- can brew only classic coffee;
- can not make lush foam.
The main parameters that should be paid attention to are:
- filter type;
- coffee pot material;
- capacity volume;
- power consumption;
- control type (electric, mechanical)
- additional functions.
Most devices have a reusable nylon filter. Many consumers do not trust synthetic filters, but prefer disposable paper ones.
Coffee pot material
Most often in production use metal, glass and food plastic. Glass capacity best preserves the taste, so they are chosen by the majority of buyers. Metallically much more expensive than others, in addition, they can not see the amount of coffee. Plastic containers are cheaper than their counterparts, but it is worth bearing in mind that when heated, an unpleasant odor can be emitted and spoil the taste of the drink.
Coffee maker capacity
Most often there are jugs, allowing to make 1-1,5 l of coffee. This is quite enough to enjoy a drink throughout the day.
Power coffee makers
Everything is very simple here: the higher this parameter, the faster the machine will make coffee.
Thanks to the popular option drop-stop You can not wait for the end of the cooking process, and pour the coffee directly during cooking.
Brand Overview and Reviews
Before you give preference to any particular model, you should carefully examine their range.
- Moulinex represents a model FG360D10 average price rank (about 3,500 rubles).
The apparatus of mechanical control type operates at a power of 1000 watts. At one time make 1.25 liters of coffee. The case is made of metal and plastic, there are rubberized legs for reliability and stability. Anti-drip system and heating function is provided.
Functional graduated glass flask with non-stick coating.
- Braun KF 47 - quite powerful coffee maker of the average price category. The design is made of plastic, there is a heating plate. Endowed with basic features such as drip-stop system and auto power off.
- Melitta look - practical coffee maker with a stylish appearance. Powered by disposable filters. In addition to the standard characteristics, among the others, it is distinguished by the functions of controlling the strength of the coffee and turning it off when not using. The average cost is 6000 rubles.
- Electrolux EKF7800 - high-capacity coffee maker with a large-capacity coffee pot (1.65 liters). It has everything you need: indicators of inclusion and water level, drip-stop system, automatic heating, as well as the regulation of the strength of the coffee. On average, you can buy for 8500 rubles.
- Russell Hobbs Legacy Coffee Red 20682-56 - high-end coffee maker, as evidenced by the price tag (about 6500 rubles). It has a stylish and durable stainless steel and plastic case with rubberized legs. This is a powerful unit (1000 W) with a convenient digital display, with a wake-up timer, delayed start and auto-off functions. Quickly make up to 1.25 liters of coffee (15 small or 10 large portions) and keep it warm for a long time.
- Bork presents the model C600, which can be called universal for the ability to regulate the strength of coffee, the degree of grinding of grains, a portion of water. Here you can set the start time, if not used, it turns off by itself. The design uses a permanent filter that is easy to clean.
- Tefal CM261838 - A powerful coffee maker (1000 W) of the average price range is sufficient (it will cost a little more than 2000 rubles). Designed for 15 servings of drink (1.25 liters). Its body is made of plastic, and the flask is made of glass. A jug of coffee can be heated in the microwave. A long-term filter is used, very easy to maintain and clean. It has a unique drop-stop system.
- Polaris PCM 1211 - It is an inexpensive coffee maker with benefits such as an anti-drip system and a temperature maintenance function. Can cook 10-12 cups of coffee (1.25 liters) at a time, consuming 800 watts. The stylish plastic case, the transparent jug, the indicator of inclusion care about usability.
A measuring spoon and a synthetic filter are included with the coffee maker. It boasts an additional function of brewing tea.
- Coffee maker Maxwell MW-1650 budget version of the mechanical type of small power (600 W). The boiler for water contains 600 ml that corresponds to 5 cups. Equipped with a removable nylon filter, drip valve, warming stand. There is an auto-off feature.
- Redmond RCM-M1505S SkyCoffee It refers to coffee makers of a fairly high price category, its cost is about 7,000 rubles. But she definitely has something to surprise. The main feature is remote control using a mobile application. Another feature is the built-in coffee grinder with the function of adjusting the degree of grinding of coffee beans. Both coffee and ground coffee are suitable for this coffee maker. There is an auto-off feature. The unique control technology "Ready for Sky" allows you to start grinding and making coffee from your phone, as well as receive notifications about progress or cancel actions.
However, this coffee maker can not boast of high power (600 W) and a large volume of jug (only 500 ml). Glass bulb with heating function, there is an indicator of inclusion.
- KitchenAid 5KCM0802 - excellent coffee maker, equipped with all the necessary functions. Its high power (1200 W) allows you to make up to 1.18 liters of coffee in a short time. The original design and a wide palette of colors will not leave anyone indifferent. The price is quite high compared to peers - 21,000 rubles.
- Scarlett offers a budget option that will cost up to 1,500 rubles. Miniature and economical model with mechanical control, consuming only 600 watts. Designed for 600 ml of coffee (4-6 cups). Capacity for coffee is glass, and the body is plastic. The kit includes a synthetic filter and a measuring spoon. There are necessary indicators of inclusion and water level. The option to maintain heat and drip system is available.
- Vitek VT-1509 coffee maker - This is an inexpensive apparatus of electronic type of control, which will cost up to 1500 rubles. Prepares coffee for 10 servings (1.2 liters) at a power of 870 watts. The water tank and body are made of high quality plastic. It is equipped with a constant filter and measuring spoon. There are indicators of the inclusion and the water level and drip system.
- Krups FMD3L4 - powerful coffee maker with a boiler capacity of 1.25 liters. The advantages include: automatic opening when you press the lever, the function of selecting a fortress, aluminum heating element, the drop-stop function.
- Morphy Richards 162010EE designed specifically for a large company, as it can make up to 1.8 liters of coffee, and this is 12 cups. Among the "chips" of this coffee maker: adjustment of the strength of the coffee, a unique filter "cupcake", which creates a milder taste of coffee, as well as a special brewing process. For such a coffee maker will have to pay up to 6000 rubles.
Among such a variety, you can definitely choose a coffee maker to your liking.
Inexpensive coffee maker for the house. Brew coffee and see what it is drip coffee maker. About this - video.