Drip coffee machines
- Distinctive features
- Selection Features
- Special functions of coffee machines
Drip coffee makers are one of the most affordable and popular on the market. A huge number of advantages, including low price, excellent functionality and fast preparation of coffee, favorably distinguish such models against the background of other types of coffee machines.
Drip coffee machines can be called a top seller. Ease of use allows everyone to easily get used to such a unit, and the coffee in it turns out high-quality and tasty. One of the distinguishing features of the model is its reasonable price: with a limited budget, you can find varieties that are no more expensive than an ordinary kettle. The essence of the work of such a unit is that the coffee in the cup flows down a drop. It should be noted that such devices are often called filtration due to the fact that water passes through a special filter.
Principle of operation drip coffee machine is as follows:
- special tank it is filled with water, after which the device is connected to the network;
- water passes through the circuit, which heats her up. The minimum temperature of heating in drip machines is 86C, and the maximum can not exceed 97C;
- thereafter steam passes through the filter and then it drips into the flask.
Most users believe that in drip installations the water should boil to form steam. However, this statement is incorrect, the range of 86-97 degrees C is quite sufficient for normal operation of the device.
Drip coffee machines are hugely popular due to the whole several advantages among which are the following:
- affordable cost. In comparison with the rozhkovy or capsule variants, the drop ones cost much less, therefore they are considered to be an ideal solution for home use;
- ease and simplicity of service. The principle of operation of such units is quite simple, which greatly simplifies their use and maintenance. You just need to pour a certain amount of water, pour in the coffee powder and turn on the machine;
- the ability to cook many cups, so that fragrant drink will be able to enjoy all family members or employees in the office;
- heating function allowing you to make a certain amount of coffee at a time and drink it warm throughout the day, so you don’t have to load the ingredients for each time separately;
- in drip machines You can cook not only coffee, but also tea.
In order for a drip coffee maker to fully fulfill its obligations, it is necessary to take a responsible approach to the processor of choice. In the process of buying you need to pay attention to following details:
- device power and its volume. These parameters have a direct impact on the speed of preparation of the drink and its output quantity. It should be taken into account that the larger the model, the more powerful it boasts. If the user likes strong drinks, you should choose options with a capacity of more than 750 watts. This is especially important in cases when the first place is the speed of coffee preparation;
- flask features. If the user wants the drink to be strong and aromatic, the vessel should be made of high-quality materials. In most cases, it is glass, but more budget models may include food grade plastic. It is best to abandon the idea of buying such devices, as here the taste of the finished drink may deteriorate due to interaction with plastic. As for the shape of the bulb, it is different for each manufacturer. And the thing is not only the attractiveness of the device, but also practicality. Manufacturers conduct various experiments in order to ensure the most comfortable storage and use of the drink. Very often you can find coffee makers, which are equipped with unique flasks, thermos. Such products are in great demand among people who often drink coffee;
- the presence of a filter which is necessary in order to purify water from chlorine and other impurities. Most filters contain activated carbon, which conducts effective water purification and does not allow it to spoil the taste of coffee;
- availability of technology "Stop drop", allows you to guarantee the purity of the coffee machine and the space around it. In addition, this technology allows you to not wait until the entire volume of coffee will be ready for use. At the same time, the drops will remain inside the apparatus until the flask is inserted back into place.
For more information about the drip coffee machine, see the following video.
Special functions of coffee machines
Depending on the model, drip coffee machines may include a whole a number of additional functions among which should be noted the following:
- protection against transfusion which is relevant in cases where the size of the flask is small. The device will automatically stop the discharge of coffee if the level in the container exceeds the permissible level;
- heating. Almost all drip-type coffee makers are equipped with this feature. A special table independently heats the flask, which makes it possible to maintain the optimum temperature of the drink;
- dosing - an innovative feature that allows the most efficient use of coffee beans.
If the device will be used by several people, it is best to give preference to models with the function adjust the fortress. For example, you can choose "strong" and "soft" taste, so that each person will choose the most optimal for themselves.
Advanced models can boast an indication of the temperature of the drink, a timer and the ability to select a specific number of cups.
Thus, drip coffee makers are considered one of the most popular due to the lack of drawbacks and a number of advantages, including high quality, fast coffee preparation and durability. If you believe the reviews, these coffee machines will be the perfect solution for any home, connoisseur of delicious and strong coffee.