How to create a kitchen interior with your own hands?
For many housewives, the kitchen is not just a place to cook. This is a working field for experiments, successful or unsuccessful, a place for creativity and a kind of antidepressant. Even simple scrambled eggs or freshly prepared toasts will be able to lighten the mood and feel the warmth of home.
However, not every kitchen can become a reliable base for culinary flights. Some mistakes of the builders or unsuccessful planning can significantly spoil both the mood and the appetite. Therefore, it's time to take the bull by the horns and create your own kitchen interior.
First - the project
Planning is important in any business. Therefore, it will not be superfluous, before proceeding to the selection of furniture, equipment, finishes, etc., to draw a plan-project of a new kitchen on a piece of paper or in a special program for designers. At the same time, it will be important to take into account the parameters of the kitchen, its possibilities on the part of plumbing and electrical wiring, the location of windows and doors. The following tips will help to put in order the basic ideas about the future of the interior.
- For the kitchen, whether it is small or spacious enough, every square centimeter is important. To save space and more functionality of the room from the door opening inwards, it is better to refuse. In its place, you can put a coupe door, a folding door or a door that opens to the outside.
- You can win more working area due to the practical use of corners. They can enter the corner cabinets, shelves and sink. Now there are also specially designed corner drawers.
Photo: corner cabinet
Photo: sliding doors
Photo: built-in appliances
- Also, to save space, you can provide built-in appliances. It will not only save square meters, but also remove unnecessary details, which will create the impression of integrity.
- Often the gas oven set at the extreme window. And as for safety, the distance between the gas surface and the window should be at least 25 cm, an unsuccessful gap is formed in the kitchen interior. The easiest way out is to move the oven away. But you can go the other way, and turn the resulting void into a narrow cabinet or a row of shelves to the ceiling, where you can store little-used items. So with your own hands you can do something original for the kitchen interior.
Tip: for the design of a completely small kitchen, an additional use would be the additional use of a window sill. After expanding and strengthening it can be used as a dining or desktop, as below in the photo.
After planning, you can start to do the finishing work with your own hands. To level the seine, you can use plaster or sheets of drywall. Special attention should be paid to the floor. Light floor is hardly suitable for the kitchen. Therefore, the interior will fit better dark parquet, tile, or less linoleum. It is good if they are not monophonic, but variegated or at least two-colored. Due to this, the fine spatter generated during preparation will not be visible. Beautiful and practical floor solutions can be seen in the following photos.
One of the most important surfaces in the kitchen is the so-called apron - part of the wall, which has a stove and sink. It should be beautiful, because this is what will always be in front of the eyes of the one who cooks. However, it does not have to be just wallpaper. It is important to choose a surface that is heat-resistant and easy to clean. Here are some options.
- Tile. This is perhaps the most popular option for the design of the apron. It is possible to pick up both a monophonic set, and create a mosaic in the working area. It looks lively and original and fits any interior.
- Plastic panels. This is the cheapest design that you can do for an apron with your own hands. Its advantage is that the design of the panels can be chosen independently and the panels can be combined at their discretion. You can also order one panel at all by the type of photo wallpaper, selecting your image.
- Glass, mirrors. Not the most practical, but the most original version. The hostess-fashionista will be able to monitor their appearance even during the accomplishment of culinary exploits. And on the frosted glass, you can write your favorite recipes. In addition, the mirror surface will expand the boundaries of the interior.
Photo: design working apron tiles
Photo: mirror work apron
Photo: design of a working apron with a plastic panel
We select furniture and equipment
Before ordering and installing new equipment with your own hands, it is important to note where communications are connected. If necessary, gas and other pipes can be replaced by flexible, which can easily be carried to any point of the kitchen.
To make the kitchen design your own hands beautiful and functional, you can not get around and the choice of furniture. All of it should play its part, working on practicality. To ensure comfort will help the correct placement of furniture cases. You need to make sure that everything is at hand, and at the same time leave space under the working surfaces for cutting vegetables and meat, preparatory and cleaning works, as well as other kitchen affairs.
Small details will help to revive the completed kitchen interior: decorative dishes, containers with cereals and pasta, dried flowers, vases, chili or garlic beads. Further decoration and addition of design will depend on the chosen style.