Dimensions of a two-door refrigerator
The capacity of the refrigerator is one of the main factors that pay attention to when buying. To improve these figures, many manufacturers deliberately increase the size of the camera.
This led to the emergence of two-door refrigerators, allowing to accommodate a lot of products in special areas.
Two-door designs are distinguished by the presence of 2 full-fledged cameras, which are used to solve various problems. One of them acts as a refrigeration tank, and the other is a freezer. 2-door systems are classified according to several criteria, among which one of the main ones is the location of the compartments relative to each other. According to this arrangement, home refrigerators can be divided into the following types:
- European location. In such systems, the refrigerator compartment is located directly above the freezer.
- Asian type Technique assumes the presence of a relatively small freezer, which is already under the cooling capacity.
- American layout. This technique is characterized by the presence of two full-fledged cameras, which are already located parallel to each other in a vertical plane. This design is called Side-by-Side. Refrigerators of this type are distinguished by a large width, which does not always allow their installation in small kitchens.
Two-door systems are used very often, gradually replacing single-chamber modifications. Among the technical features of such household appliances can be identified such characteristics:
- The cooling system installed on such products, there are two types - "No Frost" and combined. The latter is used relatively rarely, as it involves equipping the refrigerator with two compressors.
- The work of many modern devices is provided by a special inverter compressor control technology. This allows you to smoothly change the power of this element, thus reducing the noise load.
- Many manufacturers equip the freezer and refrigerator compartment with different systems, allowing you to configure each compartment separately. It is much more practical and convenient, allows you to select the optimal modes for specific types of products.
It should be noted that almost all refrigerators of this type are energy saving and belong to the classes A, A ++ and higher.
This makes it possible to obtain maximum functionality, spending the optimal amount of energy to ensure the efficiency of the unit.
This type of installation is popular in various parts of the world. They are installed in most cases only in spacious rooms, since their sizes are much larger than those of European counterparts. Standard characteristics of the dimensions of two-door refrigerators of this type can vary over a wide range:
- Height. This parameter is often standard and varies from 160 to 200 cm.
- Depth. Most modifications are equipped with cameras whose thickness does not exceed the range of 60-80 cm.
- Width. There are models on the market where this value is no more than 100 cm. In most cases, standard modifications have a width of 90 cm, but there are also slightly smaller designs.
- Volume. This indicator can vary widely. Most standard refrigerators are equipped with cameras whose total volume does not exceed 350 liters. It should be noted that there are goods where this figure reaches 800 liters (freezer up to 250 liters).
Sizes of European models
This category of refrigerators is distinguished by the variety and presence of many design solutions. Here you can find both full-fledged standalone and embedded systems. Among the variety of dimensions can distinguish the following standard values:
- Height. This indicator can vary in a wide range from 130 to 210 cm. This factor should be taken into account when selecting systems for small rooms.
- Width and depth such systems are almost identical and range from 50 to 70 cm.
- Volume. This characteristic also varies depending on the model of the refrigerator. There are designs in which this value does not exceed 150-200 liters. But there are modifications of refrigerators, where this figure can reach 380 liters. In turn, the maximum volume of the freezer does not exceed 160 liters.
2-door refrigerators produce many manufacturers, whose equipment has a unique technical properties. Among all this diversity, several popular brands should be highlighted:
- Snaige RF34SM. The total volume of the refrigerator is 302 liters. Of these, 214 liters occupies the refrigerated compartment and 88 liters freezer. Among the positive aspects, we can highlight the presence of a special antibacterial protection system, durable glass shelves, low energy consumption, etc.
- Atlant XM 6021-100. Among the positive aspects of this design, it is possible to distinguish a dual-circuit cooling system (2 compressors), low noise, high-quality design of all shelves and drawers. The total volume of both chambers is 345 liters, which makes it possible to optimally place a variety of different products.
- Whirpool BLF 8121 W. This refrigerator is made according to all modern requirements, and is equipped with the “Sixth Sense” system, which allows to evenly distribute the cold inside the chambers. Among the advantages of the device can be identified a high level of tightness, low noise level (up to 38 dB) and many others.
Two-door refrigerators are modern household appliances that allow you to save food and complement the kitchen interior. When buying such products, be sure to consider customer reviews to make the best choice.