Dimensions for built-in fridge
The dimensions of the built-in refrigerator should be such that the device can easily fit in a niche or cabinet. Built-in refrigerators are gaining popularity. Such models of kitchen appliances have not yet become widespread, so the production of these devices is considered innovative.
Models fit perfectly into any modern interior, but are expensive.
Features and benefits
The built-in fridge in the kitchen looks stylish and saves space in the room. In the modern market in a wide range of practical and functional household appliances for the kitchen - stand-alone and built-in (refrigerators, cooking surfaces, ovens, dishwashers). The built-in kitchen models are in high demand lately, since they allow to save space, but at the same time they are absolutely not inferior to ordinary ones in terms of convenience and reliability. A kitchen with integrated appliances is a modern and ergonomic solution, which is preferred by those who appreciate comfort and innovation.
Today, different manufacturers offer various options for refrigerators built-in type.
It can be single-chamber models, large representatives with several cameras. Some models are fully embedded in the kitchen and hide behind the cabinet door. There are some models that are partially embedded, that is, the device itself is hidden in a niche, but the door is not disguised. However, remember that the embedded device must provide high-quality ventilation and a thicker layer of thermal insulation. The features of built-in refrigerators include:
- Universal design. Modern refrigerators in most cases are available in bright colors, so they always stand out in the kitchen when installed. The built-in model can be hidden and harmoniously fit into the interior, for example, by completing the color of the headset or tabletop in color.
- Spaciousness. Built-in devices are usually of small size, but at the same time quite capacious.
- Demand. Modern models of built-in refrigerators have been used not only in home kitchens, but also in living rooms, in many offices of companies.
- Beautiful design. The main and main advantage of embedded technology is its versatility for any kitchen design. They easily fit into the interior. The kitchen, which uses built-in appliances, is more harmonious and cozy, therefore it resembles a home living room or dining room.
- Large selection of models. A modern manufacturer offers a lot of original solutions. After all, if necessary, you can purchase a model of mini-fridge, which is easily mounted under the usual tabletop.
Remember that embedded models are created in a special way and feel great even in a closet or a special box (as opposed to a regular refrigerator).
This arrangement does not affect the life and functionality of the device. The size of the embedded unit is less than usual. But its special interior arrangement allows you to fit all the necessary products. Modern embedded models can be installed even in the car. The latter option is especially convenient, for example, for long journeys.. You can even create your own cabinet or box for the built-in refrigerator. This will allow you to make exactly the model that is ideal for design and size.
Built-in model of the refrigerator is easy to distinguish from the classic. If standard refrigerators are amazing with various design options and colors, then embedded models look much more modest. And this is a justified decision: freestanding models are designed to serve as a decoration for the kitchen, while embedded ones, on the contrary, are hidden as much as possible in kitchen furniture.
Dimensions of a full-fledged built-in refrigerator should be related to the kitchen cabinet niche.
Making measurements, it is necessary to consider the necessary technological tolerances. Most models of built-in refrigerators have a width of 54-58 cm, and a depth of 53-55 cm (depth may be 40 cm). It is standard for embedded devices. Regarding the size in height, the choice on the market is quite wide. You can find a built-in model up to 80 cm, and a wide fridge - 70 cm, 45 cm, 80 cm, 50 cm, 60 cm and exceeding the one and a half meter height.
The width of the models can be any: depending on whether narrow or wide refrigerators are needed.
Manufacturers have foreseen this, so the height of built-in refrigeration devices reaches 200 cm. The tall fridge - 185 cm, 190 cm, 2 meters is suitable for a kitchen with high ceilings. Two-chamber low - 90 cm or 120 m. Perfect for small kitchens. Regardless of which unit is needed - high or low, there will be low-end and expensive models on the kitchen appliances market.
Low refrigerators are very conveniently built under the kitchen countertop, and among them you can choose as a two-chamber device with a refrigerator and a freezer of a small volume, and choose an option from the built-in refrigeration and freezer separately. The same combination can be found among the higher models of embedded devices. The general rule that should be followed when choosing the dimensions of a refrigerator: this should be done at the same time as when ordering furniture or after measurements.
If you want the built-in refrigerator to be used for a long time and without breakdowns, you will need to choose the right cabinet for its placement.
It can be small or double - it all depends on the model of the device. If the volume of the refrigeration device is small, then the volume of the cabinet niche should be with a margin. There are a lot of nuances that should be considered not only when buying, but also when making the cabinet with your own hands.
At production of a back wall of a niche various materials can be used. The size of the box must be larger than the device itself: the width is at least 3 cm larger, the length is 8-9 cm, and the depth is 10-12 cm. The facade can be made under the tabletop. The main condition is the hidden door and the presence of free distance to the walls. Be sure to have two shelves, one of which should be located above the main compartment, and the second under it. Manufactured furniture taking into account such parameters will provide the device with sufficient ventilation and significantly prolong its service life.
Remember that for the facades in the kitchen you need to choose durable materials that will protect the device and not create the greenhouse effect inside.
The building involves placing refrigerators of various sizes, including those with a large freezer. The option of opening the cabinet doors on the type of pencil case is suitable for a large model with double doors.
How to install
At the stage of preparation for the installation of the device and during the installation of the built-in refrigerator it is worth considering a number of certain nuances. Among the most significant of them are:
- When choosing a place to house the refrigerator, consider the dimensions of the device itself and the cabinet (niche) for it. Since the main task when using built-in appliances is to save space, the installed refrigerator should not interfere with free movement in the kitchen.
- For the manufacture of the cabinet under the refrigerator used a variety of materials. - Laminated chipboard, drywall, natural wood. The chipboard is the most simple to process and inexpensive, but when choosing a material one should be guided by the overall kitchen design: the color of the countertop, the floor, the walls and other elements.
- The box parameters must be larger than the dimensions of the device itself.: length - by 8-9 cm, depth - by 12-15 cm, width - by 3 cm. This will ensure good air circulation of the structure and protect the device from overheating, thereby prolonging its service life.
- On the back of the cabinet and below there should be special holes for ventilation, placed in such a way that the total area of the air corridor was not less than 200 cm.
- When installing the overall two-chamber built-in refrigerators should be installed separate fan for removal of heated air from the cabinet body.
- It is necessary to ensure the removal of the power cable and plug it into the outlet, To do this, you need to make a hole in the box.
It is important to note that experts do not recommend installing and connecting an embedded refrigerator without the availability of relevant skills, knowledge and tools - in this case it is better to seek help from a master.
Top models rating
Built-in refrigerators are significantly different from each other. They have different capacities, colors and functionalities. They may also differ in energy consumption. If a built-in refrigerator has good capacity and few drawbacks, it will be expensive. Inexpensive models can make noise, have insufficient capacity, and also have other minuses.
- Atlant. Relatively inexpensive Belarusian built-in refrigerator. Model Atlant XM 4307-000 two-chamber, the freezer is located below. Isobutane is used as a refrigerant. The device uses a drip defrost system. The device is virtually no noise. The main advantages: reliable glass shelves inside, the ability to store inside the cold for sixteen hours, simple operation, medium size, the volume of the main chamber 168 liters.
- Smeg. Smeg High Efficiency Built-in Refrigerators are the perfect solution for people who are looking for a device that can be easily integrated into a kitchen unit. Models are available in different sizes and sizes. The interior of the refrigerator has been specifically designed to maximize the use of the inner chamber. In addition, there are two options for embedding: sliding guides (easy to install) and fixed hinges (they can withstand more weight and have a large door opening angle).
- Gorenje. Refrigerator model Gorenje RKI 4181 AW will appeal to those who prefer to save electricity. The device belongs to the energy class "A +". Of the minuses: the volume of the freezer is only 61 liters here, but the refrigerator is increased to 223 liters, and that’s enough for a large family. Advantages of the device: electromechanical control, low energy consumption, large refrigerating chamber, glass shelves withstand any load.
- Korting. Model KSI 17850 CF simple and classic. The control here is in the usual temperature controller. The device consists of two cameras, each of which is behind its door. There is no “No Frost” system here, so you will have to defrost from time to time. Inside the refrigerator are glass shelves. The total volume of the internal space is 274 liters. On the freezer set aside 70 liters. The device belongs to the energy class A +. From pluses: simple management, capacious refrigerator compartment, reliable glass shelves.
- Asko. Model RFN2247I - Excellent built-in refrigerator, which consumes a small amount of electricity per year. Low power consumption is the main advantage of the device. Otherwise, this is a typical refrigerator, which is inferior to stand-alone models. It has a small volume of the freezer, there is no technology "No Frost" (it is only in the freezer). The device has electronic control, due to which the manufacturer was able to implement the temperature indication. The unit has a low noise level.
- Lg. Model GR-N319 LLC - one of the built-in refrigerators, which fully supports the technology "No Frost". The device belongs to energy class "A". For the year it consumes not the smallest amount of electricity. The advantages of a refrigerator are many. There are two zones of freshness, a sound indication of an open door, the ability to recognize the current temperature inside the device, there is a backlight.
- Siemens KI39FP60 model - worthy of the German device, which is inexpensive. Its main advantage is low power consumption, the device belongs to the class A ++. It uses electronic control, so you can set a certain temperature. The total volume of the unit is 251 liters. A large amount of fruit can be stored in this device due to the volume of the main chamber. The device defrosts itself, and the freezer supports the technology "No Frost.
Interesting solutions in the interior
It must be remembered that in stores most of the built-in refrigerators have a very modest design. This is explained by the fact that they take on the final appearance only after installing decorative panels on the surface. Therefore, you must first choose a refrigerator that is suitable in function and size, and only then take care of the design of the part of the structure that can be made in any color and style. A built-in refrigerator, perfectly matching in appearance to all kitchen furniture, will be an excellent addition to it. The cost of such models is slightly higher than the standard ones, but this moment is compensated for by convenience, noiselessness and high ergonomics.
Despite the high price, manufacturers offer a modern buyer a variety of models: black, blue, white, pink recessed refrigerators. Usually, color option is best used for partially built-in furniture. If the kitchen is large and bright, the ideal option would be a large fridge completely hidden behind the closet door. If this model has a separate beverage chamber, it can be transparent with backlight. This fridge looks gorgeous. For black furniture in the kitchen it is reasonable to choose a model in black or gray.
Single-chamber and two-chamber monofunctional models are available to the buyer today.
At first, the internal volume can vary from several tens to several hundred liters. In most products there is one chamber: refrigerated or freezer. Mono-functional appliances can be conveniently embedded separately in the lower tier of the kitchen, if the room does not have enough space for high technology. The internal space of the refrigerating chambers can be equipped with shelves of glass, steel gratings and drawers.
At the two-chamber built-in refrigerators internal organization is reminiscent of classic models. Inside - the division into the cooling zone and freezer. The location of the freezer can be upper or lower. Designers recommend to give preference to models with two doors: such refrigerators are more economical. When the door is opened, there is no loss of operating temperature in the adjacent chamber. Among the built-in refrigerators there are practically no models with an additional, third chamber.
The maximum height of the refrigerator is limited to the standard height of the furniture, and this is 2.1 meters.
In addition to refrigerators and freezers, manufacturers offer new single-chamber models for storing fresh produce, fruits and vegetables. A separate group - embedded refrigeration equipment for the storage of beverages. The inner chamber is divided by low shelves with grooves, the temperature inside is adjustable.