DeLonghi rozhkovaya coffee maker
It's nice to start your morning with a cup of aromatic black coffee or classic cappuccino. And, if you can cook ordinary coffee in a Turk or brew in a cup, then you can’t just make a cappuccino or latte - you will need a special coffee machine.
The DeLonghi coffee machine with a cappuccinator, a special tube for beating milk with steam, will cope with the task of making coffee.
Rozhkovy type of coffee machines - the most affordable of all: it is easy to use (even the grandmother and teenager can handle), does not take up much space, serves excellently brewed rich coffee, and even with a lush frothy, if desired. Despite the large range of small household appliances, DeLonghi coffee makers combine several items:
- The coffee maker does not require additional preparation for use. - just connect it to the network and start using it;
- Ability to choose the design of the device: each collection contains several shades of the case;
- Durable plastic case and additional chrome parts - aluminum, stainless steel;
- Tank volume from 1 to 1.4 liters for water;
- Ground Coffee Horn or compressed into a “pill” (for a “pill”, a special nozzle is included in the complex) for preparing from 1 to 2 or even 4 servings of a favorite drink;
- Cappuccinator with a removable nozzle for beating milk with steam;
- Comfortable aluminum top stand for heating cups;
- Degree of steam pressure each model is traditionally 15 bar;
- Electricity consumption - 1050-1100 watts.
Virtually all modern models of DeLonghi coffee makers with a horn have the function of automatically disconnecting from the network, which allows you to protect yourself and loved ones from an accidental burn and save on electricity if you suddenly forgot to turn off the equipment. The machine turns off on its own, usually after 9-20 minutes of waiting, depending on the model.
The range of DeLonghi coffee machines is quite wide and is represented by the simplest models with an additional set of functions, there are differences in design and price.
Let's start a short review with one of the most cost-effective models of the horn type coffee machine DeLonghi Espresso, which has an extra storage compartment for accessories and a convenient cappuccinator. The model has an automatic shutdown function and a drip tray for excess water.
The most compact models of the EC line (145 or 271) prepare the perfect espresso (according to reviews) and cappuccino. Everything is thought out in the EC 145 coffee machine, but there is nothing superfluous: a liter water tank, a steel boiler, two cooking modes (espresso or cappuccino), a hand coffee press in the form of a spoon and a tray to collect excess water.
The Icona Eco model is renowned for its laconic exterior design and the updated 2 in 1 horn, in which you can use ground coffee or coffee in a “tablet” (for which an additional nozzle is included). The price of this horn type coffee machine differs by 3-5 thousand rubles from the previous model, they are almost identical in characteristics.
Model Icona Vintage is presented in several shades from white and milky to brown and black. Its design is close to the “retro” style, and the equipment is the simplest: a large 1.4 liter water tank, a horn with an aluminum bottom, a milk frother, a cup warmer and a drip tray, a thermostat to monitor the temperature of water and steam .
The Icona set with a kettle and toaster allows you to save on the purchase and get several devices at once for the perfect breakfast. The kettle from stainless steel perfectly keeps heat and is issued in stylish design, it has illumination and indicators of water level and degree of its heating.
A toaster roasts bread well, warms or thaws depending on the initial state of the product.
The model has a matte case with a set of chrome-plated parts.This is a very stylish solution for any kitchen, and is presented in shades: black, white and brown. It has a liter water tank, a steel stainless steel boiler and an integrated system that allows you to automatically maintain the temperature of the water and steam and at the same time, prepares the perfect cappuccino with a whipped and dense foam. The kit includes a standard set of accessories - an integrated press for ground coffee and an extra paddle, a stand for draining water, a dishwasher heater, and filters.
The stylish design version is presented in a black case with metal decorative elements on it.. It has an auto shut-off function after 20 minutes of inactivity, a stainless steel boiler, a couple of separate thermostats to monitor the temperature of water and steam, and a knob to adjust the flow of the latter.
Installation and operation rules
All ingenious is simple, as one of the great ones said. Simply follow the simple steps to install the DeLonghi coffee machine and start using it:
- Traditionally, it is put in the kitchen. Choose a place remote from the sink (to avoid water ingress on the equipment) and heating appliances (stoves, microwaves);
- The room must have a comfortable temperature. and the normal level of humidity (do not carry the device to the balcony in the winter - may break);
- Park the machine closely with the socket and during connection (and further use) watch the power cord - it should not be twisted or clamped;
- Use voltage recommended by the manufacturer;
- Do not forget to turn off the device after completion of work, especially if it does not have an automatic shutdown function;
- If the machine is not used for a long time, it becomes a reason for its additional cleaning before the start of the “first” operation - drive it with water without coffee.
After the DeLonghi coffee maker is installed and connected to the network:
- Removable tank fill with cool water - tap or bottled and set in place;
- Turn on the machine and wait until the water in the tank warms up;
- If the technique has a screen, you must select the language in which you will "communicate";
- At this time, fill the horn with ground coffee. using a measuring spoon, compress it and put it in place;
- The machine is ready to make black coffee. - put an empty glass under the horn, move the button to the “start” position and wait until the coffee is filled with the container.
It is unlikely that you will be able to brew a truly delicious coffee the first time - at least 3-5 times you spend it on adjusting the saturation of the drink, the amount of coffee and water used.
As a rule, 1 measured spoon for one portion of coffee is filled up in a horn. The horn of the coffee maker can simultaneously serve coffee for 2 servings, and to make them you need more dry powder and 2 cups, which are placed on the tray exactly below the holes.
You will learn more about the DeLonghi coffee maker from the following video.
How to make cappuccino or latte?
Preparing a milky coffee beverage requires patience and little experience, which will come with time - in 2-3 (or maybe a little more) attempts.
- Prepare the milk - Pour the required amount of drink in a separate cup or container. It is recommended to take milk of 3.2-4% fat for thick foam;
- Put the machine in mode making latte or cappuccino (if there is such a function). If not, just turn the lever or press the steam button;
- Beat milk with cappuccinator before foaming, you can adjust the level of steam with a special knob. Milk is usually whipped for 2-3 minutes (depending on the fat content and degree of steam supply).
Whipped milk in a separate cup or other container set aside and:
- Load 1 scoop ground coffee for one portion per horn;
- Now cook simple black coffee in a separate cup (large in volume because there we will pour the milk);
- Pour in the froth milk in a cup of black coffee, transfer the foam with a teaspoon.
Cappuccino or latte is ready. Beginning coffee lovers often ask how to distinguish one from the other: cappuccino is a stronger drink - milk and coffee are added to it in a ratio of approximately 1: 1 or 1: 2 (where 1 is coffee, 2 is milk). Latte has a mild flavor due to a larger amount of milk - 1: 3 (or 4), where (3, 4 - milk).
How to make really tasty coffee?
Even with the presence of expensive, rich and refined ground coffee is not always possible to cook a delicious aromatic coffee drink, as in bars and restaurants. There are several professional secrets to consider when making homemade coffee:
- How strong will be the coffee it does not depend on how many measuring spoons you put on the horn, but how well you tamp the powder (and of course, on the coffee itself - the degree of grinding, the category). If you want to get a rich black coffee, carefully press it with a special flat spoon. If you do not like strong coffee, choose soft coffees, but press well in any case;
- When choosing a coffee machine make a choice on a metal horn made of stainless steel - with it, the coffee turns out to be rich and tasty, unlike the plastic analogue, which gives the drink a bitter taste and does not allow the coffee to be laid tightly enough;
- After each use of the horn rinse it off coffee residues, as well as a removable element of a cappuccinator (which is directly included in the milk tank) to remove excess milk and not get the next coffee with a sour taste.
In general, the DeLonghi type coffee makers speak well: excellent price-quality ratio, high-quality brewing of coffee and the ability to choose a machine with additional functionality - built-in press, water and steam temperature indicator.
Consumers talk about DeLonghi rozharok coffee makers, as a worthy technique for making an invigorating drink.
Reviews of the brand are positive, depending on the model, they are slightly different. Inexpensive EU series has a high rating, consumers note the low cost of the “apparatus”, its compactness and the ability to regulate the strength of coffee in the EU-9 model. Consumers consider it a disadvantage to weak steam supply (as a result - not strong foam).
Almost all positive reviews about the DeLonghi Eco series: users note its small dimensions, a rather large water tank and a stylish, robust case as a whole. A great advantage is the built-in ground coffee press, and no less important is the powerful steam supply for whipping milk and getting strong foam.