On the modern market a wide range of finishing materials for the kitchen, differing in quality and price.
The greatest demand among them is the use of decorative panels on the kitchen wall, optimally matching the price-quality ratio.
Advantages and disadvantages of the material
Decorative panels for the kitchen - a way of finishing, available to a wide range of consumers. The advantages of this type of finish include:
- relative cheapness compared to ceramic tiles;
- convenience and ease of installation;
- affordable consumables;
- ease of care;
- wide range, variety of colors and textures;
- harmonious combination with other finishing materials;
- high hygiene;
- increased sound insulation;
- resistance to moisture and high temperatures.
Among the shortcomings, experts point out:
- insufficient mechanical strength;
- inability to use abrasive cleaning materials.
In addition, decorative wall panels for the kitchen attract the consumer with the almost complete absence of construction debris and the ability to make repairs regardless of the season, as there is no need to wait for the plaster to dry.
Types of wall panels
Designers often use decorative panels as kitchen finishes due to a wide variety of options and materials of manufacture, as well as other important characteristics.
There are several types of panels, depending on:
- high, covering the surface from floor to ceiling;
- supporting, mounted on the bottom of the wall and having a height of about 1.5 m.
Methods of attachment and set:
- tiled - rectangular / square products of various sizes;
- rack - standard lining, having a wide size range;
- sheet - to cover large surfaces and are attached most often with glue.
Panels in the form of tiles and slats are mounted with nails, clamps or by batten.
Type of material:
- wooden chipboard / MDF;
- plastic (PVC);
- tempered / non-tempered glass;
- fake diamond;
- postforming and others.
Choosing among the variety of decorative kitchen panels, use the recommendations of experts:
- before purchase, make a full and accurate calculation of the area of the decorated surfaces; in a small space, arrange materials vertically or use the installation of vertical columns decorated with flowers;
- experiment with a combination of different finishing materials, which will significantly save the budget and implement non-standard kitchen design ideas.
Using these simple tips and a variety of finishes, you can create a cozy and multifunctional room (below are photos of decorative panels for the kitchen) and, if possible, visually enlarge the space.
Decorative panels on the kitchen wall allow independent installation without the involvement of specialists. However, this requires strict compliance with the installation technology.
To install decorative panels for the kitchen on the apron, you need to start with the preparation of the wall. To do this, it is necessary to ensure 100% dryness and evenness of the wall, to eliminate damage to the surface. Cracks and potholes should be plastered with a mixture of sand and cement or alabaster in the corner joints.
In the presence of irregularities above 15 cm, it is necessary to cracking the surface to be decorated. The panels in this case are mounted on the crate.
When using glue to mount decorative pvc panels for the kitchen, the surface requires priming. Further work can be started only after the wall is completely dried.
Glue for mounting is applied from the inside of the panels with uniform strips at a distance of 10-15 cm. Allow the glue to settle for the time specified by the manufacturer in the installation instructions, and then apply the panel to the surface, firmly pressing and fixing the spacers.
To enhance, you can screw screws in each corner at the edges, the caps of which are covered with decorative plugs.
For cutting / cutting finishing material use a stationery knife or a grinding machine. Do not forget to hide the edges of the corner.
The joints of the panels are closed with a decorative strip selected under the table top.
To look after decorative kitchen panels is not difficult. After installation, they must be wiped with a damp cloth using gentle detergents.
They easily remove construction dust and glue residue. Never use abrasive cleaners, as they may damage the surface of the material.
The choice of finishing materials is an exclusively individual decision, depending on the preferences of the owners and the family budget. If you chose decorative panels, then secure yourself a solid and durable coating.
Photo of decorative panels for walls in the kitchen