Small kitchen - this is not a reason for grief. If your kitchen is less than 8 meters, then try to think carefully about the purchase of furniture and curtains. A small space can be very comfortable, ergonomic and aesthetically appealing. In the photo you can see the options for curtains for a small kitchen.
Curtains for a small kitchen should be light, not clutter the space and protect from direct sunlight
Features of the choice of curtains for a small kitchen
A small kitchen is usually designed in bright warm colors to make the room more spacious than it is. Textiles in a small room should be chosen with simple forms, preferably monophonic or with a small vegetable pattern, a strip. Choosing new curtains, pay attention to the following signs:
- The ability of a material to transmit light or, conversely, to block it from it;
- Ease of care, cleaning, washing, ironing;
- The cost of the model.
If it is impossible to purchase the curtains of the desired model, you can always sew them yourself
The main colors of curtains for a small kitchen, as a rule, are light shades of green, orange, lemon and coffee tones. Choose warm shades of those colors that fit the furniture and visually comfortable for you. A few rules in choosing colors will help to avoid mistakes:
- Be sure to match the color and texture to the overall style of furniture and walls;
- If your kitchen has a little natural sun color, then hang draped curtains of fabric with a floral print to liven up the space;
- Cream-colored fabrics with medium-sized floral pattern fit to light furniture in the style of Provence;
- Plain curtains of dark cherry shade or fashionable marsala, with drapery nobly complement the small bright room;
- Chiffon curtains of coffee color perfectly complement the curtains with a textured pattern to the middle of the window.
- Several shades of chocolate color, contrasting with white furniture, will create an atmosphere of aristocracy;
- The powdery shades of pink and peach tones soften the coldness of the white kitchen, which becomes more homely;
- Dark, deep colors can contrast with the furniture, thus emphasizing the non-standard room;
- Young people often make out small rooms in high-tech and loft style that simply need curtains of dark cold tones.
Tip! Make out the window of a small kitchen in the upper third of the height to the window sill, in order to save space or with curtains that are mounted directly in the opening.
Short translucent curtains fit perfectly into the interior of a small kitchen
Popular models of curtains for a small kitchen
Curtains for a small kitchen choose simple shapes, with the correct geometry, which, above all, save precious space. Simple design, pastel colors and modern technologies can transform a small kitchen into a comfortable and functional apartment space. And practical curtains for the kitchen will delight the hostess for more than one season.
Roller blinds fit perfectly into the interior of a small kitchen.
If the design provides for the use of a window sill under the work surface, then go up: Roman curtains, roll curtains and blinds.
Roman curtains in a small kitchen use a classic design with a fastening on the top of the opening. As a rule, they represent a dense canvas that rises, folding in large folds with the help of a system of cords. Their advantages are the following options:
- Produced from a variety of textile materials that can be selected according to your own taste;
- If desired, and the ability to sew, you can make yourself, it is enough to purchase the planks, rings and cord for the lifting mechanism of the folds;
- Provide full protection from the scorching sun, if the kitchen is located on the south side of the house;
- Roman curtains can be supplemented with classic straight curtains, tone to tone or in a contrasting color;
- New models are equipped with a lifting mechanism that is remotely controlled using the remote.
Roman curtains look very stylish and elegant in the kitchen interior
Roller models of curtains save every inch of a small kitchen, while tightly closing the window, if necessary. They represent a thin canvas rolled into a small roll and fixed on a special cornice directly on the plastic frame. Particularly beautiful are roll-curtains made of plain jacquard weave fabrics, as in the photo. The main advantages of these models are:
- Fastening on special holders that do not require a cornice;
- Control of a simple mechanism with fixation at any necessary, convenient level;
- For these curtains use materials with antistatic, water-repellent, fire-resistant impregnation;
- It has resistance to fading, it can be of different colors;
- It is possible to order a separate canvas for each leaf, which will allow opening windows without obstacles;
- In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for curtains with a photo print from a catalog or home collection of apartment owners;
- Eco-materials resembling bamboo, paper or natural linen are gaining in popularity.
Roll curtains fit any interior
In modern design of small kitchen blinds enjoy a distinct advantage. They are mounted in the opening window, compact and practical, do not take up much space. Choosing blinds, pay attention to a number of features:
- Produced from a variety of materials, there are a variety of colors, shades and textures that can satisfy any demanding taste;
- Slats can be horizontal and vertical directions, which helps to adjust the geometry of space;
- It is easy to look after blinds, it is enough to wipe dust only that considerably saves time;
- Effectively protect the kitchen from direct sunlight and prying eyes from the street;
- Available models located inside the glass, which is quite rational in a small kitchen;
- There are very dense, opaque, as well as fully and partially transparent.
Blinds as curtains look very stylish and practical.
Tip! Choose light colored materials in the small kitchen to visually expand the size of the room. The most practical are modern artificial and synthetic fabrics.
Curtains for the kitchen in a modern style
Small kitchens can be decorated with curtains draped with small details. The right choice of fabrics and models of curtains will decorate a small kitchen and fill its atmosphere with family warmth. In the photo you can see the modern design of curtains for a small kitchen.
The furniture can be white, milky or creamy to visually expand the boundaries of space. For a white kitchen, it is recommended to hang an asymmetrical curtain of lace tulle on the window, picked up from one side only. The photo shows the most popular ideas for this season.
Tip! For draped models in the small kitchen, choose light, flowing fabrics. A good choice would be a translucent veil of light shades or organza of fairly bright colors.
French drapes from a white veil to the windowsill in a small kitchen are chosen only to complement the interior in the style of art nouveau or classic. Even a very modest, in size room can be turned with the help of design, into an elegant high society salon. Modern curtains in the photo in the style of French palaces look more modest, airy and softer. Such draperies are usually chosen to complete the interior in a classic style. The main features are:
- The furniture has smooth outlines and gilded accessories;
- French transparent veil curtains would be appropriate in a dark wood kitchen;
- The draping will be delicate from the fabric of soft pastel tones made from opaque silk, and the artificial light will shimmer in the folds;
- French curtains can be adjusted in height, which is very practical for small spaces;
- Narrow curtains can be hung on each window sash separately, which will decorate a modest kitchen interior.
French luxury and German accuracy are found in Austrian models. Such curtains suitable for Provence. A small, compact kitchen will look European-style with these curtains, but elegantly. Austrian curtains are made from almost any fabric that can drape. The denser the fabric, the larger the folds of the folds will look. Therefore, choose the options for the curtains in the small kitchen on the photo of thin plastic fabrics. The advantages of this model are:
- The simplicity and variability of the cut, which will decorate even a very small window;
- Austrian curtains are compact, reliable, even with draperies;
- Decorations draped parts of lace, fringe, small tassels.
The easiest option is to use simple tulle curtains with a coupon pattern, drapery should be minimal and depends on the curtain band chosen. Such a simple technique will not only decorate the window, but will also add home comfort to a room of a classic or modern style. The main types of curtains are the following popular models:
- Curtains from tulle to the middle of the window, to the window sill and slightly lower;
- The bottom of a light drapery, treated with an oblique inlay of a contrasting color, enlivens the interior;
- Light curtains can be made of fabric or lace;
- Chiffon in several layers, each shorter than the previous one, looks perfect for a small kitchen;
- Light translucent curtains perfectly combined with blinds;
- The curtain in the form of an arched element remains popular for several years, thanks to the beauty and convenience.
Tip! If you wish to visually increase the ceilings, choose striped fabrics, and the direction of the pattern from top to bottom.
A small kitchen in our country is a popular phenomenon that needs a suitable textile design. Kitchen curtains should be aesthetically beautiful, easy to clean, meet all the requirements of the hostess. The design of the kitchen space can be different, but its function provides comfort, harmony and dignity of the owners. Choose curtains for the kitchen that you like and fit the style of furniture, so you will save time and effort on the arrangement. Our photos of ready samples of kitchen curtains will help to make the right choice.