Not every apartment owner can boast of its large size, and even more so - impressive dimensions of the kitchen space. The corner kitchen for a small kitchen is designed to solve the problem of a limited area. You can see numerous photos of this article in this article as an example.
Even with the most modest budget, you can turn the kitchen into a cozy room.
Features angular headset for a small kitchen
This type of furniture has strengths and weaknesses. They become most obvious after viewing the following photos.
Modern materials allow even with low financial opportunities to make the kitchen functional and comfortable.
Corner kitchen sets have a number of positive points. Among them:
- Compactness and functionality - a small corner kitchen, which has the simplest design, allows you to save space as much as possible, and during cooking you don’t need to make extra movements, since all the necessary utensils and appliances are located a short distance from each other, which is clearly shown by this photo;
- Sufficient capacity - with the help of a large number of various shelves and cabinets, you can place a considerable amount of household items;
- The division of the room into two separate areas - working and dining;
- Multifunctionality - the ability to embed household appliances in the headset that can be used as another working surface;
- Lower cost in comparison with more voluminous options, which allows you to place small corner kitchens not only in a city apartment or a private house, but also in the country.
Bright facades will help create a stylish kitchen interior.
And the corner kitchen for a small kitchen with an L-shaped suite allows you to free the opposite corner of the room, where you can arrange a dining table or a soft corner, equipped with extra storage space inside the sofa.
In the end of the corner kitchen can be equipped with a bar counter
Attention! To furniture in such a room was less traumatic, it is better to use a round table, a photo of which is presented below.
Obvious negative characteristics of angular kitchen sets do not have, but in the design process it is worth considering the following features:
- Some types of equipment require their placement in a certain place, so the design characteristics of furniture modules should take into account the location of the pipeline, pipes with hot and cold water, sewage;
- Atypical layout of the room (the presence of niches, podiums, protruding elements) may affect the shape and dimensions of the furniture;
- Problems may arise with the equipment of the corner area of a similar headset.
Proper placement will help create a functional kitchen even in a small area.
Corner type layout
There are several basic modifications of corner kitchens. Each option differs from the others in its design features and type of placement of its elements.
This option is the perfect solution for the corner small-sized kitchens of economy class with an area of less than six square meters. It allows you to place on the minimum area a lot of kitchen utensils and equipment, as well as to purchase a corner kitchen table for a small kitchen.
Corner L-shaped budget kitchen with blue facades
The actual small corner kitchen will be in a small studio.
This arrangement is suitable for rooms with an area of more than six square meters. In this case, the headset items are located on two opposite walls and space connecting them perpendicularly.
Corner U-shaped economy-class kitchen with a working area near the window
In this case, one part of the furniture set is located along one line, and the other component is placed at an angle of ninety degrees, due to which the room is zoning into two functional areas. There are closed and open versions of the peninsula.
Stylish white corner kitchen with a peninsula
Kitchen with bar counter
To create a unique design of a small corner kitchen, a bar counter is often used. It can be a continuation of the working space or serve as a place to eat. Usually high bar stools are selected at the bar counter. The corner small-sized kitchens with a bar stand look very stylish and modern in the following photos.
Beige stylish corner kitchen with breakfast bar
The service life of corner kitchens for a small apartment depends largely on the materials used to make them. Currently used for these purposes:
- Natural wood - such furniture is safe for health, but in a wet environment quickly loses its appearance. In addition, wooden furniture has a rather high cost.
- MDF - more durable and wear-resistant material that is in great demand in the manufacture of furniture for kitchen sets. Its practicality is explained by the fact that it has several protective layers that are resistant to humid and high-temperature environments.
- Glass - this material is used for the decoration of doors, open shelves. Also made from tempered glass tabletops. Such surfaces are easy to clean, but often subject to mechanical damage.
- Metal - to create a framework of modules, furniture fittings metal elements are often used. This material increases the service life of products from it, but requires special care, precluding the use of aggressive chemicals and coarse brushes.
- Plastic - for finishing, you can choose a good quality plastic with a wide range of colors. A wonderful example is an angular plastic kitchen measuring 1 m 50 cm by 2 m 50 cm.
- Chipboard - a very undesirable material for kitchen furniture, as it is deformed under the influence of water and emits harmful substances, besides - quite fragile. But because of its low price it can be used for the manufacture of rarely used furniture, for example, economy-class corner small-sized kitchens, intended for summer cottage.
Options for filling the corner zone
In the corner to create a harmonious design of small corner kitchens, you can arrange their various elements in several ways. How to do this is shown in the following photo.
- It is quite acceptable to use a headset for a small kitchen with a corner sink, which, if necessary and depending on the modification of the sink, can be slightly shifted to the side;
- In the small kitchen can be found and the angular gas surface;
- From above, you can fix the lockers, and in one of them put a dryer for dishes;
- It is also permissible to use the angle as a working surface, which may be a solid web or be located at the junction of two modules;
- In the corner near the wall behind the sink, you can construct a small podium on which detergents and sponges for washing dishes will be stored.
Very important! The doors in this case should open in opposite directions.
The integral elements of small corner kitchens of the economy class are the doors, which in conditions of limited space are better equipped with original mechanisms, among which are:
- Lifting - fixed when opening with the help of gas elevators, smoothly open and close (ideal for upper cabinets);
- Folding - are narrow panels that fold when opened. Such doors are suitable for corner shelves and cabinets, as is often done in a small corner kitchen of 2m70cm by 1m 22cm;
- Sliding - provide opening of doors as a result of their horizontal displacement (good for long cabinets with a large number of compartments);
- Blinds - made of durable plastic or aluminum and when opened they rise up (can be used for shelves on which food or medicine is stored) and will be very appropriate in corner kitchens for small apartments. Their photos are presented below.
In small-sized kitchen, the presence of swing doors of the headset is undesirable, since they take up a lot of space when open and are not very convenient.
Color and texture solutions
When choosing shades of furniture fronts for small corner kitchens, it is better to use light colors - white, beige, yellow, orange, etc. White surfaces reflecting light do not look very good only on photos. But from the dark and too bright colors should be abandoned, as they visually reduce the space.
As for the texture of the facades, it is desirable to use transparent elements and inserts, glossy, mirror surfaces that will contribute to the visual increase of the boundaries of the room.
An interesting option is to use for the design of the facade of two main shades, contrasting with each other. For example, different colors can be chosen not only for drawers or worktops, but also for different sides of a kitchen unit.
In the design of a small-sized kitchen you need to also think about its lighting, especially in the work area. In small economy class kitchens, as a rule, there is only one window through which sunlight penetrates. Therefore, it is not necessary to close it with thick or dark curtains and limit access to it by placing nearby various interior items.
As an artificial light source, you can use LED lamps, various lamps. In order to save, you should opt for mounted lights. Point lights, which are built into the shelves or under the lower part of the tabletop ledge, are very popular.
Tip! For interior decoration is allowed the installation of LED lamps of the original shades - blue, green, pink.
It is also important to pre-select the style direction in which the kitchen set will be made. It should be remembered that the excessive heaviness of the furniture, the abundance of parts can not only degrade its functionality, but also take up additional space, which is undesirable for an angular kitchen designed for economy-class small-sized kitchens.
This style is ideal for use in tight spaces. This option will allow you to visually expand the space and make the room as spacious as possible. A small corner kitchen, designed in a minimalist direction, can even be equipped with a small built-in refrigerator, as in the following photo.
Carved decoration elements, the presence of which is typical of the classical style, can visually slightly narrow the size of the room. However, the use of glass for individual surfaces, as well as the choice of a kitchen with built-in appliances suitable for a small-sized kitchen, will be a plus in favor of this direction.
Furniture of this style should be made of natural materials and will look organic in a big house. Textile curtains (checkered or floral print), a minimum of decor - these are specific features of this direction. In order not to disturb this ensemble, you will have to work with the built-in modern appliances, which are recommended to be masked in such an angular kitchen.
The abundance of metal, glass and plastic will be appropriate in a small modern kitchen of the angular type. Bright lighting, strict furniture made of glass or metal - this is what is inherent in this style. Even a small room decorated in a high-tech style, such as an angular kitchen with integrated appliances, the photo of which you see right now, looks stylish and original.
Even more style options used for small corner kitchens can be seen by viewing the photo gallery, which we carefully selected for you.
Economy class corner kitchens are an excellent way out for small space owners to get the most out of every centimeter. And in order to make the right choice and take into account important nuances, it is advisable to preview more than one photo.