The most suitable option for kitchen furniture of small sizes is the corner set. It is compact, takes up minimal space, looks neat. Some owners can not decide which part of the headset to put in a corner. Usually a shell is placed there. The cabinet for washing is often purchased in a set with other modules of the headset. If some elements of the headset do not fit into the room, you can order them separately or make them yourself. Having a little time left and the necessary materials can be easily assembled in the kitchen corner cabinet under the sink.
The sink located in the corner of the kitchen set saves usable space and fits perfectly into the interior.
Features of the use of a corner cabinet with sink
Corner furniture can be stylish and comfortable, but before installation you should find out its advantages and disadvantages, familiarize yourself with the types of corner elements in order to choose the best model.
The obvious advantages of installing a headset with an angular pedestal and sink include:
- Rational use of space. In most rooms, the corner is an unoccupied area. The curbstone with a sink will become a useful and functional element of the kitchen.
- Neat appearance,
- Spaciousness. Under the sink next to the pipe you can place many more items.
- The corner is the most suitable place for the sink, since communications usually take place in this place.
- Convenient location. The sink, located almost in the center of the headset, allows you to quickly reach it, which saves a lot of time in the process of cooking.
On the market a huge selection of all kinds of corner cabinets with sinks for the kitchen
Tip! Located in a corner, away from the window, the space at the sink does not have enough light. It is recommended to install a spotlight or LED strip above the sink. The light fixture is attached to the bottom of the corner wall cabinet.
Suspension lamps designed to illuminate the washing area look stylish and original
The disadvantages of using angular pedestals with sinks include:
- Inconvenience of use. Getting to the contents of a standard corner can be difficult. You can fix this situation using modern storage systems.
- Low reliability. Corner furniture is more susceptible to breaking than straight.
Convenient sections can be used for storage at the bottom of the corner cabinet in the kitchen
Tip! When choosing or making their own cabinets, you must take into account the material from which the sink is made. So a stylish sink made of decorative stone has a lot of weight, which means that the cupboard under it should be durable and reliable.
Cabinet with sink in the kitchen can be placed not on the load-bearing wall.
How can I use the corner cabinet
Inside the corner cabinets in the kitchen can be placed:
- Trash can - a necessary item in the kitchen. Hidden behind the doors of the floor cabinet, it will not attract the attention of guests. Today, the use of containers that allow sorting of waste: paper, glass, organics is popular.
- Part of the kitchen appliances, for example, water filter, food waste chopper.
- Boiler. This is a flow model. Under the sink fit only a compact heater.
- Kitchenware, cleaning products, pet food and more.
Corner cabinet under the sink can be equipped with two shelves for storing household chemicals
To increase the capacity of the corner cabinet in the kitchen, you should install in it:
- A pull-out basket that holds many items and gently rolls out when pulled by the handle;
- Regiments roundabouts allowing to get easily all things laid out on them;
- Ordinary wooden shelves, which should be installed on the side walls of the cabinet;
- The boxes are of unusual shape, with a cut out center through which the sewer pipe passes.
Storage system in the kitchen in the corner cabinet under the sink
Types of angular thumbs
When choosing a corner floor cabinet under the sink for the kitchen, it should be borne in mind that they are of two types:
- With a right angle (L-shaped). These are the simplest models, are easily made. Usually there are two-door. When opening the door, the entire inside of the cabinet is clearly visible.
- With a beveled corner (trapezoid). This is a practical option, more spacious than the corner, but this furniture looks massive. It is suitable for a kitchen with two or more sinks. Trapezoidal models are more expensive than L-shaped.
Model with beveled corner
Right Angle Model
The standard dimensions of the corner cabinet under the sink in the kitchen are 90 to 90 cm. Such dimensions are suitable for such pedestals:
- With a hexagonal bottom. The size of the outer sidewalls is 52 cm, the inner ones are 45 cm. The module does not have a back wall and shelves.
- Pentagonal bottom. The size of the outer sides of the corner cabinet in the kitchen is 52 cm, and the internal - 83 and 85 cm.
Trapezoid model corner cabinets with kitchen sink in the interior of the kitchen
The height of the cabinet under the sink should be the same as that of all the other elements of the headset, since they are united by a single working surface. When calculating the width and length of furniture, you must consider the size of the sink.
Corner cupboard under the sink, united by one countertop with the other cabinets headset
The components of the cabinet
Standard floor cabinet designed to install the sink in the kitchen consists of the following elements:
- Bottom. It is made in one copy. Depending on the type of pedestal, it may have a corner shape or a rectangle shape with a cut corner. It is from cutting the bottom to begin making cabinets. This constituent element sets the dimensions of the product. Edging tape must glue cut angle or two ends, which are adjacent to the inner corner.
- Sidewalls. Made in the amount of 2 pieces. They determine the height of the product. Edging tape processing carried out only on one side of each sidewall - a long front.
- Back wall. It is installed on the input side of communications. If the pipes are supplied from two sides, then the corner element is installed - two strips twisted with each other from particle board, 10 cm wide. They are trimmed with an edgeband that will prevent the material from swelling as a result of moisture.
- Binding elements. They are chipboard strips 5-8 cm wide. Their number depends on the type of thumbs. For an L-shaped product, 2 face and 1 back element are needed, and in a trapezoidal shape, 1 face and 1 rear. Each element is taped on one long side.
- Doorway In the L-shaped cabinet there can be two. They are taped on all sides.
If it is not a consignment note that is used, but a mortise washer, then one more detail will be needed - the tabletop. The hole in the countertop under the sink is cut with an electric jigsaw. Hole dimensions should be identical to the contours of the sink. The required size is determined with the help of a piece, which is made of cardboard: applied to the sink, cut around and cut out. Hole for installation on the tabletop jigsaw create with a drill.
Creating a corner cabinets under the sink with their own hands
For the manufacture of corner cabinet with sink for the kitchen does not require special knowledge. It takes only time and desire. To get a piece of furniture that fits perfectly in size, all work should be divided into stages.
Before starting work, it is recommended to calculate the size of the drawer, make a drawing, choose materials for manufacturing, order parts or make them yourself. To assemble the cabinet will need: screws, a set of screwdrivers, hinges, closers (if you plan to install them), drill, confirmat, hinges, pins, legs, handles.
After preparing all the parts you can proceed to the assembly:
- Attaching two sides to the bottom. The lower part of the cabinet and sidewall are installed on the floor and are located at an angle of 90 degrees to each other. At the bottom of the bottom, at a distance of 5 cm from the edge of the product, they start to drill a hole for confirmats. The drill passes through the bottom and bottom of the sidewall. Confirmat is immediately inserted into the hole and tightened with a hexagon screwdriver. Next, drill a hole for mounting the sidewall on the other side. Similarly, come from the second side.
- Assembly and mounting of the corner element. Carried out on the same principle as the installation of the sidewalls.
- Installation of connecting elements. It is carried out as well as the previous actions, the fastening is carried out with the help of confirmats.
- Attaching the legs. For this, the cabinet is placed upside down and the legs are fixed with the help of screws.
- Installation of the door. Tumba put on the back. The front of the door is milled under the hinges. To do this, take a drill bit or cutter with a diameter of 3.5 mm. When creating holes, it is necessary to retreat 10 cm from the top or bottom of the door leaf and 2.5 cm from the sidewalls. After milling, fasten 2 hinges to the door and attach it to the pedestal.
After assembling the furniture frame, minor modifications are made:
- Installing closers for the doors so that they gently close;
- Attaching door handles;
- Adjustable canopies;
After that, the cabinet is installed on the place allotted to it, connected with other elements of the headset.
Tip! The gap between the floor and the floor cabinet can be covered with a decorative panel. It is purchased separately and is attached to the legs of the bedside table.
Care should be taken not only to the assembly of the frame, but also to install the sink. The metal sink is simply inserted into the cabinet, but it must be fixed, otherwise the cabinet may soon collapse. There are two ways to fix the sink:
- With silicone. It is applied to the top of the case along its entire perimeter. After that, the top is attached to the sink. Silicone in such a situation plays the role of sealant and gives the rigidity of the structure.
- With the help of screws. This mounting option is more reliable, but silicone will still have to be applied to ensure tightness.
Having made a corner cabinet for a kitchen sink with your own hands, you can save finances and create an exclusive piece of furniture that fits perfectly into the space of the room. The process of collecting itself is not difficult, the main thing is to accurately measure and calculate everything. Then the assembled cabinet with a sink will look attractive and have high performance.