Corner cabinet in the kitchen
Most modern kitchens have a small area and imply the installation of U-shaped or L-shaped kitchen modules. And the first thing that comes to mind in this case is the corner stand in the kitchen. You can make it with your own hands according to individual sketches, and you can purchase a ready-made, having a standard size.
The main advantages of the kitchen floor corner cabinets include the following:
- The ability to install in the kitchen of any size;
- Low cost;
- The possibility of self-made;
- The presence of several types of thumbs;
All these advantages make these corner modules very attractive for a potential buyer.
Like any other kitchen furniture, floor corner stand has several varieties:
- The cabinet in the corner is docking, usually it is operated as a cabinet under the sink, and it is also quite versatile. Firstly, it combines a floor cabinet and a sink. And, secondly, it allows you to hide all pipes from outside eyes in a beautiful and space saving manner. This cabinet has one facade and the shape of a rectangle. It should be installed in the corner, and the right to connect the remaining kitchen modules at right angles to it.
- L-shaped. It has 2 facades opening both together and separately. It is in such pedestals that not only washing can be built in, but also various mechanisms, as well as simple shelves.
- Trapezoidal. It is the most bulky and at the same time the most capacious. For the most part suitable for kitchen space with a large area.
I would also like to note that this kitchen furniture can not only be bundled with a ready-made kitchen set, but also be installed separately.
A separate corner table is usually used in studios or small premises as a drawer for a bin and a sink at the same time.
You can also choose a narrow or wide model. It all depends on the availability of free space and features. But it should be remembered that the already the module will be, the less convenient and ergonomic it will be in operation. Therefore, if possible, it is better to give preference to wide corner nightstands.
It has already been said that this kitchen module has a fairly wide range of uses:
- Sink with a curbstone storage bin. This is probably the most common use case. But in addition to the bin in the cabinet itself, even in the absence of shelves in it, you can store detergents and cleaning rags. The big plus is that all this will be hidden from prying eyes, which means there will be no littering of space.
- Storage space for household appliances. Very comfortable and neat. All kitchen devices will be in the same place and they do not have to look in numerous drawers. Even better if such a cabinet will be at the top with a shelf for the microwave. This device is used constantly and should be always at hand.
- You can do the opposite, and put in the corner cabinet all that you use in the kitchen rarely. Then you will know for sure that the pan used a year ago is stored there.
- And you can use this cabinet for storing spices, seasonings and oils. And also organize a mini-bar in it.
- Use as a cabinet for vegetables. Indeed, the question often arises where to store potatoes, onions, and so on. This is the place that fits best.
- Semicircular floor stand will help create an additional work surface, and inside it you can fold cutting boards, knives and kitchen textiles.
Finally, I would like to say that modern designers unanimously say that if a kitchen has a large area, it is best not to use such tables for a sink or a place to store something. They recommend purchasing such a kitchen module without doors so that the space is free.
Do it yourself
If for some reason you decided to make this module yourself, first, decide how you will use it later: under the sink or as a floor cabinet for storing utensils. Then you need to decide on the size and shape, which we described above. Remember that the hand-made thing will be really comfortable, functional and original. So do not hesitate and decorate it to your liking.
Now we collect the necessary material, namely:
- Screwdriver and screws.
- Wooden blanks. You can use thick sheets of chipboard.
- Antiseptic for wood.
- Paint and varnish.
First, we cut out the future walls of the floor cabinet, then, if you do not plan to install shelves in it or nothing heavy is stored on them, we begin to connect them. If the bollard is equipped with shelves for storing heavy items, first install additional logs before assembling the walls.
The presence of a lag is necessary if it is planned to store household appliances, a large number of dishes and so on on such shelves. They will not allow the shelves to be deformed, which means that they will allow this kitchen module to serve you for a long time.
Now it is necessary to thoroughly treat the structure with an antiseptic solution, and after it is completely dried with paint. In conclusion, it is necessary to varnish the entire cabinet. This will keep the structure from swelling when water is injected and will give it a beautiful appearance.
If desired, a separate lamp can be installed on such a cabinet. This is especially important lately, because often the light burns only above the working surface. Therefore, it is possible to install a special waterproof lighting device near the sink.
And if you made your own cabinet without doors or with open top shelves, then you can use an ordinary lamp as an additional light source.
Regardless of the type and size of this kitchen module will be a real find for every hostess. After all, regardless of the area of the kitchen, I want to organize its space correctly, beautifully, functionally and without the clutter effect. And here the corner corner wardrobe fits perfectly. But you get it ready or do it yourself, it depends on you.