Cork floor in the kitchen is quite rare in our time. This material is environmentally friendly, has good thermal insulation properties.
The price range of such a floor is large enough.
The presence of a cork surface in the cooking zone, perfectly relieves stress, while creating a comfort zone.
The coating is soft to the touch. The main advantage of cork flooring in the kitchen is that it is not afraid of excessive moisture and temperature conditions.
Cork coating is excellent in resisting the daily testing of mechanical impact and the constant presence of dust and dirt.
Advantages and disadvantages
Most ask the question: “What is a cork floor? Pros and cons?” This type of coating has a number of advantages rather than disadvantages.
Positive qualities include:
- beautiful appearance;
- durable service life;
- moisture resistance;
- quick installation.
The disadvantages include the high cost of materials.
Varieties of cork flooring
Modern technology helps to get several options for cork.
- adhesive cork web. It is presented in the form of several layers. The lower base of the material consists of a repotted cork, and the upper surface consists of a decorative cover of repacked bark. This material is a variety of sizes of plates that are tightly attached to each other during installation;
- floating cover. It is presented in the form of laminate and floorboard. The basis is presented in the form
- NDF plates. The final step will be applying peresovany fiber using veneer. Flooring of this type, quickly fastens and does not require special skills and effort;
- technical cork. This is a low-grade type of flooring, which is presented in the form of parquet or laminate. Fastening elements due to the locks, which are tightly fixed to each other.
Choice of cork material for the kitchen area
How to choose a cork floor in the kitchen? To do this, it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations for the correct choice:
- It is not advisable to choose a coating with a locking system for the kitchen area
- air humidity;
- the best type of coating, consider the adhesive base.
By following the recommendations of professionals, you will get the desired result for many years.
Cork floor in the interior space
Decorative qualities possessed by this flooring are very diverse. The interior with the use of such a floor looks stylish and trendy.
Light shades of materials help to add warmth and comfort to the kitchen area. The velvety surface creates maximum enjoyment in the cooking zone.
Depending on the chosen style, you can change the color of the surface of the floor canvas. Many designers turn the traditional floorboard into a real masterpiece using modern technologies.
Horizontal laying white laminate board, allows you to get an exquisite composition. This combination of color and styling is used in a classic style. The light palette prevailing in the design will add a little softness to the kitchen.
To extend the service life of the coating, it is recommended to choose a varnished material surface. Unprotected cork brightens quickly when exposed to sunlight. As a result, the color palette of the floor covering will help to differ markedly.
The most expensive version of the cork floor is presented in the form of a veneer surface. Less expensive form is composed of peresovany fibers of bark.
Special additives included in the composition, make it durable. The photo of the cork floor in the kitchen presents design options.