How can I combine wallpaper in the kitchen?
Wallpapers today are perhaps the most popular, simple and inexpensive way to design walls in any interior. If we talk about the kitchen, then here you need to approach the choice of wallpaper with all the responsibility. A kitchen pasted over with monotonous identical stripes will look rather dull and is unlikely to promote good appetite. So why not take advantage of the trend of design in the field of design - combined wallpaper?
Photo: patchwork combination
Photo: dining area wallpaper zoning
The combination of wallpaper in the kitchen should be made according to a certain plan. So, you can start with a choice of fashionable wallpaper colors. For a room such as a kitchen, it is important to guess the mood. What is required of this room? The main thing - do not interfere, but only to contribute to a pleasant meal. And in addition - to create a good working mood for someone who prepares this food.
Therefore, you can use the trick here, choosing such companion wallpaper that could increase the appetite. Among the leaders in this difficult task, you can definitely select all the colors of the fruit and berry theme. Peach, lime, lingonberry, lemon, tomato, blueberry - these colors not only look beautiful, but also “tasty” sound.
You can combine them both among themselves and with more neutral shades. In small doses, black, sky blue, marsh and even gray will be acceptable for the kitchen. Examples of the combined "delicious" colors for kitchen design are presented below in the photo.
Formula for success
There is a huge number of options for combining wallpaper in the kitchen. Here are the most common ones.
- 1: 1, that is, two walls (adjacent or opposite) are pasted, for example, with wallpaper in a strip, and the other two - with monochrome. Such companions are often used to smooth out the shortcomings of a small or irregularly shaped kitchen.
Photo: vertical wallpaper combination
- Accent wall. Three walls are decorated, for example, peach, and accent - green. The main thing in this business - to achieve a contrast, due to which an emphasis is created in the design. You can combine the wallpaper of one palette, combining darker and lighter shades, or you can make friends with completely different colors.
Photo: Accent Wall
- The above combinations relate to the vertical division of the wall with wallpaper. But the horizontal combined design is much more difficult to create. It is suitable for smooth walls with a smooth surface. Here it is important to accurately calculate the parameters of the wallpaper, so that they go to the joint. And the seams can be decorated with strips of other wallpapers or baguettes.
Photo: horizontal wallpaper combination
Tip: with a horizontal wallpaper combination, you should not divide the walls completely in half. It is bad to reflect on the overall interior. It would be better to take only the third part of the entire wall to the lower strip. And choose a darker color. With this solution, the kitchen will become lighter and more spacious.
Traditional combinations are often resorted to. In this case, it is difficult to make a mistake and spoil the interior. In addition, for a room such as a kitchen, only three walls will need to be combined, since the fourth is always reserved for the work area and, as a rule, is decorated with an apron made of ceramic tiles.
We are not afraid of experiments
If the owners of the kitchen have a spacious room and an extraordinary imagination, then they can safely use both in order to create a not quite traditional combined wallpaper for the unusual design of the walls.
For example, all the walls can be decorated with the same monochromatic wallpaper, and companions to them choose variegated, striped or patterned wallpaper. The most interesting thing about this method is that the motley wallpaper will be present in the design in the form of small panels, symmetrically or not very arranged on all the walls. The final stage of such a combination will be framing frames, contrasting in color and highlighting accents on the wall.
Food-themed wallpapers are perfect for fragmentary combination. For example, a combination of wallpaper in the kitchen can be created by images of berries, fruits and vegetables. Fans of baking will want to choose as a companion wallpaper with the image of delicious ready-made dishes.
Wall-paper on the whole wall is still popular. Thanks to their presence in the design of the walls, the kitchen will acquire a good mood. If on one of them to place the wallpaper with the image of the forest or the sea shore, the owners will be able every day to feel like in a resort.
Photo: window on the photo wallpaper
Tip: also a bold, but no less original way to design a kitchen will be a combination of wallpaper with different textures. One wall or partly two, or completely three, can be plastered with smooth wallpaper, and the rest of the room - textured, with different patterns or images.
If the kitchen has all sorts of niches or protrusions, such an opportunity in no case should not be missed. Thanks to this, you can create a unique combined design, using only one or two rolls of wallpaper-partners. A niche can be pasted over with a contrasting darker or lighter color, patterned or, on the contrary, smooth. It all depends on its size. There you can stick wallpaper, custom-made, which will fit exactly to the size of a niche. But the protrusions can be easily turned into an additional decorative shelf.
- Too obvious, contrasting wallpaper companions will be appropriate for people leading an active lifestyle. And the combined versions of different shades of the same color - to create a relaxed atmosphere.
- Patterns on the wallpaper should be combined with the overall style of the kitchen. It will be good if the ornament will be viewed in other elements of the interior.
- Traditionally, the accent wall is made where the table will be. This will help create a dining area even in the smallest kitchen.
So, to combine the wallpaper in the design of the kitchen is quite simple, if you choose the right combination and combine the rolls with the overall design of the room.