Coal hood for kitchen
Among the wide range of exhaust devices there is such a variety as coal extractor for the kitchen.
Features and benefits
Initially, it is worth noting that the coal extract does not remove polluted air, but purifies it. Such a system is considered the safest than all the others. The main advantages of the coal extract include:
- Lightness and small size. These qualities allow you to easily carry out installation work. Plus, the coal extract will perfectly fit into the interior and become its decoration. It does not need to hide, furniture can be placed on their own, without worrying about access to the hood for repairs.
- Carbon hood does not block the vent. This ensures a constant natural supply of clean air, which makes the kitchen room comfortable for your stay. In such a kitchen would be nice to gather the whole family.
- A distinctive feature of the coal extract is full operation without additional air supply. Such an exhaust system is able to work without an air vent.
- Saving materials makes coal extraction as affordable as possible. With high quality and functionality of the product, the cost is acceptable. A large number of buyers mistakenly believe that the constant purchase of filters will cost a lot. However, the low price of the coal exhaust system compensates for the cost of acquiring filters.
- Carbon hood can do its job perfectly without retraction. This is a huge advantage, allowing you to place the device in any place equipped with only a socket.
- The indisputable advantage of this type of technology is the possibility of embedding in the kitchen set. As a result, it turns out very attractive, and most importantly - ergonomic kitchen area.
- The coal extractor can fit even in a small kitchen. This is made possible by a simple and concise design.
- It is believed that the use of coal extract is inconvenient due to the constant search for a replacement filter from the manufacturer. However, today there are a large number of analogs that are not inferior in quality to the original filters.
Principle of operation
The filter, located in the coal kitchen hood, is considered the most effective, according to experts. The main task of such a filter is to clean the polluted air, while the external filtration system fights against grease.
The work of modern coal extract is carried out with the help of some features. Performing it, this hood absorbs polluted air, which is treated on the external and internal filter. The coal extract not only removes unpleasant soot and fumes, but also cleans the air from various odors.
The external filter does not need to be replaced, with the help of detergent you can easily get rid of dirt. But the fine filter (coal) with time must be changed, such filters can not be cleaned. The service life of this device cannot be determined. It all depends on the frequency of use of the exhaust system and the level of contamination. For example, with frequent frying of food on different oils, the filter should be changed every three months, for this case the Inca carbon filter is perfect. Those who prefer boiled food or steam cooking can use the cleaning device much longer.
In order not to miss the time of the change or not to replace the still usable filter, modern exhaust hoods are equipped with a device that tells about the state of the filter.
It is possible to carry out replacement independently, for this purpose the help of professionals will not be required. Just look at the instructions and make sure that the process is extremely simple and takes only a few minutes.
Depending on the model of the hood is determined by the service life of the filter. But, in general, with intensive work of the hood, the filter should be replaced after 120 hours of continuous use.
The replacement of the filtering material begins with the cleaning of the grease filter. To do this, just remove it, wash intensively with a cleaning solution and send to dry. When cleaning it is better not to use soda solutions, such a substance is able to leave stains on the coating.
The filter definitely needs to be replaced after the period of its use. Exhausted material loses its ability to pass air, as a result of which its movement slows down. Exhaust systems vary in shape, size and appearance of the carbon filter itself. However, the principle of replacement is common to all catchers.
So, filter replacement should be carried out, adhering to the following recommendations:
- Initially, to ensure proper security, you must disconnect the device from the electrical network.
- The next step is to remove the grease filter and clean it.
- The carbon filter is located in a special cassette inside the hood of the exhaust system. You must pull the cassette in its direction and remove the filter from it.
- In place of the used filter, you must insert a new one, with proper manipulations, a click should be heard.
- Making sure that the grease filter is dry, you must put it in place.
- After the replacement of the carbon filter, the device must be plugged in to make sure that it works. When installed correctly, the exhaust system will operate without noise. If, within a few seconds of work, extraneous sounds are heard, it is necessary to turn off the device, and check the quality of the filter installation.
There are four different ways to install a kitchen hood. Before buying a product it is worth figuring out which model is suitable for a specific kitchen.
- Flat hood. This model is a thin panel of small size. The exhaust system is installed very simply - it is mounted above the hob perpendicular to the ceiling. This option will be a great addition to a small kitchen. Due to its low power, this hood is unable to filter large volumes of air.
- Suspension system. Based on the name itself, you can guess that this hood is not mounted on the walls or furniture. It can be hung from the ceiling or furniture. This design exhaust system is suitable for the kitchen, which is located in the center of the room, that is, not adjacent to the walls.
- Sloping hood. This design is among the comfortable and modern. Inclined hood is quite powerful and it does not interfere at all with the process of cooking. Everything else, this model refers to the number of hoods with minimal noise production. This is a convenient and practical option for any kitchen that has won a large number of positive reviews.
- Built-in hood. Such systems are the most powerful. They are easily mounted in the furniture, while remaining almost invisible against the background of the overall interior. You can see this hood by looking under the cabinet in which it is built.