Lately, country styles have become very popular, one of which is the chalet. This style originated on the slopes of the Alpine mountains, where shepherds built their huts. Many people mistakenly believe that the design of the kitchen in the style of a chalet is suitable only for country houses. In fact, having correctly defeated this style in the interior of an apartment in a multi-storey building, you can recreate the atmosphere of rustic peace and quiet, which is so necessary tired of the bustle of the big city.
Brutal rustic style today at the peak of popularity, because naturalness always gives warmth and comfort
Selection of finishing materials
In the Alpine mountains a lot of building material, so the inhabitants of this region did not economize on building houses, they actively used natural stone and wood. So when finishing the kitchen in the style of a chalet, the owners of the dwelling will have to spend money on natural materials.
For the decoration of kitchen walls in the style of a chalet, it is recommended to use such materials:
- Decorative plaster. For vertical surfaces, usually light, slightly faded colors are chosen: yellow, sand, beige, and gray. Light roughness on the walls will only complement the interior, so among the many varieties of plaster is to choose textured material.
- Whitewash or water-based paint. Such a finish will not hide, and even emphasize the stone foundation. For a small kitchen you can pick up a blue, green, light brown paint.
- Wood panels or rounded logs. Wood retains heat indoors, allowing you to reduce heating costs. With self-repair as a finishing material, you can take the lining. Kitchen design in the style of the chalet, made by hand, can be seen in the photo below.
- Stone, brick. They are used only for finishing small areas of the room: a fireplace, a niche, an accent wall. If desired, the apron can be trimmed with ceramic tiles with imitation of natural stone.
In the style of "chalet" in the kitchen looks great wall decoration with natural stone and rough plaster
For the part of the wall that is located directly above the working surface, the most practical materials should be selected:
- Ceramic tile. A color is selected that matches the other elements of the interior. Tile - durable and heat-resistant material, the surface of which is easily cleaned from dirt.
- MDF. It is a relatively inexpensive and environmentally friendly material that is externally capable of imitating any wood. MDF is not afraid of moisture, but can easily be damaged by impact or ignite when in contact with open fire.
- Mosaic. Beautiful mosaic apron can be made of ceramic, smalt or glass.
- A natural stone. It looks gorgeous and expensive, but is expensive and demanding to care.
- Brick. Not afraid of mechanical damage, splashing water droplets and grease. Over time, a brick apron can crack, which will only improve its decorative properties in the interior of the chalet style.
The beige tile in the decoration of the apron fits perfectly into the interior of the kitchen in the style of "chalet"
Ceiling beams are a must-have chalet-style kitchen interior. It is better that they were of dark wood. In this case, the rest of the ceiling surface can be light: sandy, milky, white.
Wooden beams help create a unique design in the kitchen
Tip! On the ceiling of the kitchen in the apartment you can install light beams made of polyurethane, imitating wood.
Very organic in the kitchen in the style of "chalet" looks wall and ceiling decoration with natural wood
The ceiling can be simply plastered or painted with light paint. This is a universal finish option, suitable for any kitchen. If the room has a large area, the ceiling can be dark brown, fully trimmed with wood. A photo of a chalet-style kitchen design with ceiling beams can be seen below.
Wooden beams on the background of a white ceiling - a classic interior in the style of "chalet"
Wooden flooring is used as flooring in the chalet style kitchen. Their color depends on the color range of the rest of the interior:
- If the walls and the ceiling surface under the beams are decorated in bright colors, then dark wood planks are placed on the floor;
- If the ceiling is completely decorated with wood, in the kitchen they are going to put a dark-colored suite, then light wood boards are laid on the floor.
Chalet-style kitchen interior with dark wood flooring
In the original, the floor of the chalet style room is laid with raw boards, but this option is impractical. In the kitchen, you can lay durable ceramic tiles with a pattern that simulates wood or stone. Chipped and cracked floor surfaces are welcome.
On the floor of the kitchen in the style of "chalet" you can lay natural stone
All the furniture in a chalet-style kitchen should be massive, solid, simple and comfortable, made primarily of wood. Plastic in the interior should not be. Instead of solid wood, you can use imitation, but it should look natural, expensive.
The headset should look simple and even rude. It is better that it is old, made of strong wood: beech, meranti, oak or ash. The facades of the headset are not painted with paint, they must fully preserve their natural beauty, so they are simply polished and coated with varnish or stain. The kitchen wall is decorated with carvings and metal fittings. Visually facilitate massive furniture will help transparent glass doors. Aesthetically attractive appearance has furniture made using the framework technology.
Tip! When arranging a small kitchen is recommended to pick up a set of light wood. It will allow to keep unique color of the style and visually increase the space.
Chalet-style worktops must be made of stone. You can use not natural, but decorative material. The table top should be of a contrasting color compared to the color of the headset. Under the style suitable mortise sink made of steel and retro L-shaped faucets.
Technique for such a kitchen must be purchased stylized retro or antique. Modern household appliances can be hidden behind the doors of the headset cabinets. The hood does not need to hide. Made of natural stone or its high-quality imitation, it will organically fit into the rustic style of the interior. Photos of the kitchen in the style of chalets with disguised appliances can be viewed below.
In a chalet-style kitchen, a massive rectangular wooden table with figured legs is appropriate. The frames of the chairs are made of the same material as the dining table, and the seats are made of genuine leather. The backs of the chairs should be high, they can also be covered with leather or decorated with carvings.
If space allows room, then in addition to the dining group, you can put additional seating, for example, a sofa with leather elements, or a rocking chair.
Baubles have no place in the chalet style kitchen. Each element of the interior must perform a specific function, be useful to the owners.
An important feature in the kitchen style chalet plays textiles. Products made of fabric bring warmth and home comfort to the atmosphere of the room. You can decorate the interior with a tablecloth, rug, chair covers. They are made from wool, cotton and cashmere. The fabric can be of bright color, to diversify the "world of wood and stone." On textiles can be depicted national patterns. Appropriate look covers in a cage.
Window openings in the alpine style are covered with curtains. The most suitable colors: wine and eggplant. Light shades in the curtains are rarely used. Photos of the interior of the kitchen in the style of a chalet with elegant curtains can be viewed below.
In addition to textiles for kitchen decor, you can use:
- Wall paintings or photos with large massive frames. The most suitable plot - landscapes of the Alpine mountains, meadows, the image of wild animals.
- Kitchenware. With the help of rails on the walls hang pans, pots. Beautiful shelves of cast iron, copper, ceramics, and wood are placed on the open shelves and behind the glass facades.
- Banks with seasonings and pickles will decorate any shelf.
- Bronze or cast-iron lamps. Ceiling lamps should be made of frosted or clear glass. Light bulbs are installed only warm yellow.
- Fireplace. In the apartment you can put biofireplace. You should not install an electric fireplace, it will adversely affect the perception of the interior, its rustic atmosphere.
- Rifle or hunting trophies: the head of a deer, the skin of a bear and so on.
- Vintage candlesticks.
- Woven or knitted carpet. Can be located on the territory of the dining area. On the carpet can be depicted large flowers or patterns.
Chalet style is as close to nature as possible. It involves the use of simple forms and natural materials. The interior of the kitchen, decorated in the style of a chalet, looks original, original. Primitive, but cozy atmosphere as if created for a pleasant stay with your family.