Chairs on the metal frame for the kitchen
Chairs and stools on the metal frame began to produce at the beginning of the XX century and immediately won the sympathy of consumers. The basis of the metal is capable of withstanding great weight, which makes such furniture practical and durable. In addition to the frame, the chairs are known to have a seat and backrest. Today there are many options for their execution depending on the purpose of the room in which they will be located.
Furniture on the metal frame for the kitchen is made of aluminum or steel pipe, which can be given a variety of forms, depending on the designer's imagination. The final product is coated with several layers of chromium or paint. Often chrome legs are decorated with additional decorative elements made from tubes of smaller diameter.
The mysterious luster of metal adds room interior elegance and solemnity. He behaves perfectly in combination with other finishing materials. There are models of frame chairs, where upholstery is used only for seats, and there are options where the frame is completely hidden under a decorative cover.
The service life of a metal product depends on the method and material of manufacture. Aluminum structures are considered more durable, so they are more expensive. Steel pipes with a diameter of 15-25 mm are more affordable and can be performed with sharp corners or with smooth lines.
There are two main ways of fastening components of frame furniture:
- Welding The method is used mainly in mass production.
- Prefab. Bolts, nuts and pipe benders are used in this method. With their help craftsmen collect their own hands chairs.
A variety of, sometimes even unexpected materials can be used to finish the seats and backs:
- The combination of furniture in plastic seats and metal legs - this is the most practical and one of the most common options for the kitchen. These materials are easy to maintain, are not afraid of moisture and high temperatures. Modern technologies allow plastics to give the most unexpected bends and shapes. Pleased with the choice and color palette of plastic seats. This is a good option not only for a city apartment, but also for a summer cafe, as well as an open veranda of a country house. One of the varieties of plastic is polycarbonate. Products from it in recent years are becoming increasingly popular. It is considered a more durable material than plastic. Polycarbonate chairs can withstand a person weighing about 200 kg.
- Wooden backs and seats can represent a single one-piece design or two completely autonomous parts. They can be decorated with openwork carvings or simply coated with varnish or paint. Italian products are especially appreciated. It is durable, non-toxic and adds comfort and warmth to the room. Chairs from a tree are perfectly combined with kitchen set of the same invoice.
- This is an environmentally friendly natural material. Such furniture does not require special care - it is enough to periodically remove dust from its elements with a damp cloth or vacuum cleaner. Rattan can withstand frost down to -35C, so these chairs can be safely left in summer cottages, on an unheated veranda and in other unheated rooms. Since rattan is not afraid of moisture, such furniture models are quite suitable for the kitchen. If we consider that the chairs are under intense stress every day, the service life of rattan products is at least 10 years.
- For the production of furniture are not used ordinary glass, which is found in daily use, and special, with high strength material. Such glass is difficult to break and even scratch, it can withstand heavy loads. If, after all, the glass frame has broken, then it will be impossible to cut yourself on the fragments, because they have no sharp edges. This glass is used in the manufacture of automotive parts.
Leather and fabric
- These materials are used for upholstery chairs. Each of them is good in its own way. It is pleasant to touch the seat upholstered with a fabric. This texture is warm, does not slip and does not stick to the body. However, it is difficult to take care of the fabric, especially considering that the kitchen is not the cleanest place in the house. Cloth upholstery, if it is not removable covers, should be cleaned with a steam cleaner or a simple vacuum cleaner in the absence of the first. To remove complex stains, it is proposed to use a cleaning agent designed specifically for upholstered furniture or ordinary soapy water. Leather and its derivatives are more advantageous in terms of the use of materials. It is moisture resistant and more durable than fabric.
Once or twice a year, for the prophylaxis, the surface of the chair should be treated with a special agent for leather goods in order to renew the color and add gloss to it.
- Component parts for them can be purchased or ordered separately. You can assemble such furniture with your own hands. The collapsible design is good for giving or small kitchen. If there is no need, the chair can be disassembled and it will occupy a minimum of space, and by the arrival of the guests it will be assembled again.
- Such models have long been successfully used by famous designers around the world. They dress at each other like a children's pyramid and save a lot of space. An example of stackable models can be seen in summer cafes.
Variety of design
Kitchen chairs can be used both at home kitchen, and in places of public catering. Depending on this, they are divided into several subgroups:
- Dining. Classical chairs with a back of standard height carry to this type. It is believed that for a person of average height of 167-173 cm the following dimensions will be optimal. The height from the highest point of the back to the floor should be 80-90 cm, 40-45 cm of which is 40-45 cm from the seat surface to the floor, and the same is the height of the back itself. The most comfortable width of the back of the chair and its seat is approximately 43-45 cm.
- Viennese. Their design is characterized by smooth lines, a rounded seat and tall legs with a thin diameter. Despite the fact that the classical model of the Viennese chair has a wooden base, modern manufacturers offer variants of this design in a metallic design.
- Bar chairs differ from dining options in size. Their height is more than the standard size and is selected individually, depending on the height of the bar.
There are several types of bar stools:
- Stool. This option is inconvenient and is not intended for prolonged sitting due to the lack of support for the back, which can be reclined.
- Chair with backrest. The height of the back can be different - from the very minimum, almost conditional, to high with a headrest.
- Armchair. This model has a high back, and often even soft armrests, which provides it with the maximum level of comfort. This option, judging by the reviews, is most often chosen for home use.
- Durability and strength. The service life of such products is calculated for decades. And since they are able to withstand a large load, they are suitable for people with problematic weight.
- If any of the components are out of order or you are just tired of the shape or color of the chair, there is always possibility to replace seat and / or back, which can also be done with your own hands. In this case, the metal base will remain the same, and you get a completely new chair with minimal cost.
- Folding models do not take up much space, and have the opportunity to use them in a small kitchen.
- Variety of styles and colors. Depending on the finishing material, metal furniture can be used in different interiors: from modern to retro.
- Practicality. For metal parts care is practically not required, especially if it is a rigid structure without upholstery.
- Wide selection of prices. A variety of design and auxiliary materials allows you to pick up chairs on the metal frame for any income. In addition, steel and aluminum are cheaper than wood.
- Stable solid cast construction will not allow the product to loosen, and the fastening in the form of bolts can always be tightened up.
Disadvantages described products can be attributed to their weight. Some models with a metal case are very heavy and difficult to move them from place to place during cleaning.
The original colors are also not happy diversity. But you can always change it, and if you don’t like white metal legs, you can easily repaint or decorate it in some other way.
The kitchen is the heart of every home, so the environment for it must be chosen very carefully. The furniture should be not only practical, but also beautiful and comfortable. When choosing kitchen chairs you should not choose the cheapest copies, as a rule, they are made from not very high-quality materials and you, to put it mildly, will disappoint you. However, you should not chase very expensive furniture. Perhaps this is a design model and almost half the cost is the name. The optimal price is somewhere in the middle.
Further, what should pay attention - this is the size. If you are the owner of a country villa with a kitchen the size of a ship, then the chairs should correspond to its size and style. If at your disposal a few square meters of close odnushki, you should pay attention to the compact model.
The color and design of the chairs should match the rest of the room. For example, chairs with textile upholstery look good in a classic interior and are in complete harmony with the wooden texture of the headset. A chair made of transparent plastic is well suited to the glass table with the same metal legs.