Chairs for the kitchen in different styles
In the furniture market you can find a huge selection of kitchen chairs, which differ not only in color, but also made in different stylistic decisions. Let's understand the features of a particular style as applied to this attribute of furniture.
Three types of chairs are used in the kitchen:
- Dining. This type of furniture is a product that has a fairly high back, well-supported back and seat. These attributes usually equip the dining area.
- Bar. The chair has elongated legs and a short back. Its height is ideal for convenient placement behind the bar.
- Stool. This is a chair without backrest. This type of furniture is suitable for small-sized apartments, where it is not possible to place high-grade chairs. The stool is convenient to push under the table and it will not interfere with the passage and occupy space if no one is sitting on it.
In each stylistic decision chairs have a number of characteristic features. Here are the main areas of interior design:
Classic kitchen chairs usually have a rather massive look, often made in the form of chairs with armrests. They are made of expensive wood and have a natural color. Most often in the classic chairs used dark tones. Mahogany, beech, walnut will find their place here.
The backs of these furnishings are high, often carved.
Here are the variants of these pieces of furniture for classicism:
- The back, legs and armrests are decorated with monograms in reserved brown tones - the standard for this style.
- The frame of the product has a rather simple form, while the upholstery of the seat and back is made of expensive tapestry decorated with monograms.
- Furniture items, the back and the seat of which is covered with genuine leather and decorated with a carriage fastener will also find its place in the classic interior.
White chairs with colorful seat covers are characteristic of this style. Also chairs can be completely covered with covers of light tones with a flower ornament.
The material from which this attribute is made is natural wood. The backs here should be high enough to support the back well.
Both blown legs and wood carving are applicable here. Antique models are also relevant here.
Here are a few design options for Provence style chairs:
- Massive products, more like chairs with floral textiles on the seat and back.
- White wooden chairs with leather seats without any ornaments.
- Simple attributes of furniture, without any decorations, white color will also be quite appropriate in Provence style.
Here, natural wood is also a priority. The color of the products can be any. There is a place for untreated wood and furniture of bright colors. The forms are completely simple, without the use of monograms and complex threads. Textiles, which usually trim the seat and back, should be made of natural fabrics with a simple pattern.
Cage, strip - the most suitable ornaments for this style.
Here are some country style chair designs:
- Massive wooden chairs painted in blue are decorated with cushions in a red-and-white cage.
- Colored attributes of furnishing of various forms are also relevant in the design of the kitchen in the country style.
- Chairs with covers that cover products from back to floor, made from linen will also help to support the interior in this stylistic decision.
For a given style, attributes can be of completely different forms. Here it is allowed to use for the manufacture of kitchen chairs as an array of wood, and metal, and plastic. It all depends on the design ideas embodied in the room of this style:
- Chairs from the massif of a tree of a simple form of color of wenge, without carving and with an upholstery of neutral beige color.
- Products with chrome-plated casing and bright eco-leather upholstery.
- Chairs of unusual shape, made of white plastic is quite applicable for such an extraordinary style.
Chairs, like the whole style, should be fairly technological, using simple geometric shapes and innovative materials. Bright colors are not appropriate here, but white, black, silver will be quite applicable.
Here are the original models that fit into the interior of this style:
- White square chairs on a chrome leg-stand, which makes the visual design very light and weightless, perfect for decorating a spacious kitchen in this style.
- Products of extraordinary bends, covered from floor to back with black leather, are decorated with a matt footboard. Incredibly technological model.
- Bar stools made of metal and plastic of unusual shape with a low back - another model for high-tech style kitchen.
This factory style pays tribute to the furniture of the past century, which were relevant in the United States. And the chairs are no exception. Models, antique, using simple materials: metal, wood, quite applicable in this stylistic decision for the kitchen:
- Bar stool with a thin metal frame and a seat made of a spilled piece of wood.
- The chair is a chair whose seat is made of iron rods woven into a grid.
- Metal stools made of aluminum are also a suitable option for a loft-style kitchen.
This stylistic direction is characterized by white furniture, as well as attributes of pastel colors. Textiles here are used from natural materials, such as wool, cotton, flax. The shape of the chairs for the kitchen should be simple, without unnecessary elements.
Here are some examples of these products that are suitable for the design of the kitchen in the Scandinavian style:
- The easiest option is white plastic chairs on thin wooden legs.
- Wooden chairs, also painted white and decorated with yellow pillows, will help create a mood and comfort in the kitchen of this style.
- Wooden bar stools with a back of an interesting form of natural wood color will add a touch of nature to the interior.
An overview of the Caesar chair with metal legs, see below.