Connoisseurs of food from natural and fresh products are trying to cook it yourself and properly. This is especially important for juices, which are obtained by pressing in special devices. One of the most popular mechanisms used for such purposes is the centrifugal juicer. This device allows you to get a significant amount of juice in a relatively short time, which led to the popularity of this model.
Principle of operation
Juicers of this type are used when you need to process a large amount of fruit and squeeze out the right amount of liquid in a short time. This device consists of several components:
- Reception Bowl. The shape and size of the frame may be different, depending on the specific manufacturer.
- Rotor grinding and spinning system. This could include a set of knives and a special filtering syto.
- Engine driving the working bodies.
The principle of operation of this mechanism can be described in several successive operations:
- Feed products in the receiving hole. In some cases, you need to additionally prepare the fruit, as they simply can not get into the channel.
- Spinning. This operation is performed inside the case, where products can be additionally crushed with the help of knives or a kind of grater. At the same time, the container with such a “porridge” rotates at high speed, which leads to the adhesion of the cake to the filtering mesh and the release of juice. The liquid passes through the special holes of the sieve, and the pulp remains inside.
Please note that after processing a certain volume of products, the grid is simply clogged with waste and needs cleaning. Modern models are equipped with special mechanisms that allow you to perform such actions without even turning off the juicer.
Pros and cons of spin at high speed
Centrifugal juicers are fairly easy to use, allowing anyone to use them in their kitchen. Several positive aspects of these mechanisms should be highlighted:
- Spin speed With the help of such systems, you can get the juice several times faster than with screw models.
- Low cost.
- The ability to use large pieces or even whole foods for processing.
Still, such systems are not universal and have very significant disadvantages:
- In the process of squeezing the juice is divided into several phases. This leads to the fact that the top is a light foam, which leads to the rapid destruction of vitamin C. You need to drink such a product immediately after its receipt, because after a while it loses a lot of its beneficial properties.
- Squeezing juice is performed at a speed of 1000 thousand / min, which means that in the process all enzymes, vitamins and mineral complexes are destroyed.
- Heating the engine also leads to a deterioration in the quality of the products.
- High noise. It is impossible to use such constructions in the morning or in the evening when your relatives are sleeping or resting.
- Permanent clogging of the filter mesh requires periodic cleaning. Sometimes you need to dismantle the element and remove everything manually, and washing such elements is very difficult.
How to choose
Mechanisms of this type are distinguished by the processing of fruits under the influence of high speeds. This leads to not only additional noise, but also the inability to process some products. When choosing a juicer, you should consider a few simple recommendations:
- To use the "food processor" in everyday life should be given preference to devices whose power does not exceed 500 watts. Such systems are able to process a significant amount of fruit without emitting much noise.
- If you need to get the juice from carrots, you need to use devices that are capable of reaching a separator speed of up to 9000 thousand rev / min. It is through such technical characteristics that it is possible to ensure that the liquid will be released from this product.
- To reduce the level of destruction of vitamin C, experts recommend buying a juicer equipped with stainless steel separators, rather than aluminum. The sieve type also plays an important role. It is better to buy systems from which it is woven rather than stamped, since it is much easier to clean and the cells are not so clogged.
Today on the market you can find many modifications of such mechanisms, which differ in design and technical characteristics. The most popular are Russian-made juicers, distinguished by convenience and practicality. But you can find foreign counterparts that are performed according to modern requirements and only from quality materials. When choosing such devices, it is very important to take into account user feedback, which will allow to determine the necessary price-quality ratio for a particular product.
Design features of cylindrical models
This type of device is a variation of centrifugal systems. The principle of operation of this device is similar to the previously described. The design differs in that the cake obtained in the processing process accumulates inside the tank. At the same time it gradually clogs all the holes full, which significantly reduces the spin ratio.
Cleaning such a system can be done both manually, which leads to a complete stop of the device, and with the help of special levers. The last method of removal leads only to partial removal of the pulp and a slight increase in the level of spin.
Cone devices as an alternative
Today, another model of centrifugal juicers is on the market, which is characterized by the presence of a cone centrifuge. The shape of the element is made in the form of a cut cone that looks up.
At significant speeds, juice is squeezed, and the entire pulp under the influence of speed begins to move upward along the centrifuge body. Thus, the tank is cleaned of excess oil cake. It should be noted that for each product there is a speed at which the waste will move as much as possible to the desired point. Therefore, almost all of these models are equipped with speed switches, which make it possible to adjust the rpm for the desired fruit.
Centrifugal juicers - a simple mechanism that is useful in the kitchen of any hostess. Properly selected system will optimize the preparation of juice and make the procedure enjoyable.