Carob type coffee maker
- What is different from others?
- Varieties and working principle
- How to make coffee?
- What to look for when choosing?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Overview of popular firms
- Customer Reviews
Every coffee lover in life comes a time when he comes to understand the need to purchase a device for making coffee. Modern devices allow you to make absolutely any type of drink, but their large range is able to confuse anyone. The most common of these apparatuses are horn type coffee machines. They can be used both at home and in small offices. Today you can find a coffee maker of any model that will meet your requirements for quality and value.
What is different from others?
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable device, you need to know some nuances of the design and compare the various types of devices. For example, how a coffee machine works or what type of coffee can be used to make a drink. Capsule coffee maker is different from other devices that works on special blocks of coffee, so they have to constantly buy. But drip and rozhkovye devices prepare tasty drinks from milled grains.
Carob devices are very widely represented in the markets of household appliances. This is due to the harmonious combination of the price of the device and its functionality. The drink is prepared very quickly, it retains a lot of nutrients. In addition to espresso, they can boil an invigorating cappuccino if design features allow. Carob coffee machines got their name because of the carob-shaped container for ground coffee beans. This form allows water vapor to quickly pass through the compartment. It should be said that its volume is not very large, so the finished drink turns out a bit - one or two cups. When filling the ground beans into the horn, you should tamp them a little, because the taste of the coffee you make depends on this.
Another name of the carob device for making strong drink is an espresso coffee machine, since initially the apparatuses could only brew this type of drink. In some modern models, the possibility of using coffee in pods is provided.
Varieties and working principle
The principle of operation of all devices of the carob type is the same, but, nevertheless, all the machines will differ from each other in power, materials of manufacture, design, amount of containing liquid. Metal products will cost much more than plastic, but they will also serve longer.
The body of the unit can be made of steel, aluminum or food-grade plastic.
The taste of brewed coffee is directly affected by the horn, or rather, the material from which it is made. The most delicious and thick drink will turn out in a car with a steel horn, as it milled grains evenly warmed up during operation of the device. But the plastic horn does not possess such qualities, so the taste of brewed coffee will be slightly watery and, perhaps, somewhat chemical, and the drink itself is quite liquid.
The time it takes to make coffee depends on the power of the machine. The lower the power, the lower the vapor pressure, which means that the cooking time for one cup will be long. Because of the low pressure, the machine needs a certain amount of time to warm up to the desired temperature. Devices with high power prepare drinks literally per minute. The drink is fragrant and tasty. But the big power demands the big expenses of the electric power.
There are two types of devices: pump and steam. They differ somewhat in the principle of operation, but in both cases, the design provides a universal horn.
- Pump model. Cold water is collected in a special compartment, where it is quickly heated to the boiling point. Next comes the pump (pump), which creates the necessary pressure so that the hot water passes through the ground grain. The finished drink is saturated and has a strong aroma. As a rule, such devices have great power, therefore, the process of brewing coffee is very fast. This type of device is more expensive.
- Steam model Water is placed in a special hermetic compartment, where it is heated to form steam. After the steam passes through the ground grain, the finished drink is obtained. However, it is not as rich as in the previous version, but it has much more caffeine. These machines have low power, so the preparation time of the drink is slightly longer than that of the pump model.
Of the design features of the device, it should be noted that separate compartments are provided for water and for milled raw materials. The liquid is poured into the bottom, and the powder is poured into the top. The finished drink is formed in a separate container. If we talk about the quantity of the finished drink, the pump machines are able to make a larger amount of coffee than the steam ones.
How to make coffee?
In order to properly cook an invigorating aromatic drink in a coffee maker, you should carefully consider the choice of raw materials for the operation of the device. Coffee must be carefully chosen, then cooking will not cause unnecessary trouble.
For rozhkovy coffee makers it is better to buy ground coffee. This can be done in specialized stores. You can buy coffee beans, but they can not immediately fall asleep in the device, first you need to grind them. Grind grain can be at home in a coffee grinder (manual or automatic), or you can ask to grind them right in the store where the purchase is made. But it should be remembered that the milled grains can lose their taste and aroma if they are stored for a long time. Therefore, you should purchase a small amount of raw materials, especially if you do not intend to prepare the drink often.
Another parameter of choice is the grinding of grains. If the pieces are too large, the taste of the finished coffee will be unsaturated and bitter. If the grains are crushed into a fine powder, then there is a high probability that the coffee maker will not be able to make a drink, as the filter is clogged.
The best will be the average grinding of coffee beans. In this case, you get the perfect drink.
But it is not enough just to choose the coffee of the desired degree of grinding, it is necessary to properly tamp it even after it was poured into the compartment. This can be done in two ways:
- Fall asleep crushed grain in the compartment, take a special device (temperature), quickly and confidently press them on the powder. The pressure should be moderate.
- After if the ground coffee is poured into a container, you should gently push it with a tempera. After that, you need to hit the walls of the compartment several times. Then take a tamper and press it hard on the powder.
- After the coffee powder is filled and rammed, remove excess from edges. To taste and aroma properties of the drink were more saturated, it is necessary to moisten the coffee powder with warm water before starting the brewing process. Some machines have an automatic irrigation function.
So, coffee, to make a delicious drink, is selected, it’s time to proceed directly to the cooking process. There are many different recipes for making different sorts of coffee and other beverages. In the coffee maker you can make cocoa, and even hot chocolate. To prepare the americano, it is worth boiling ordinary espresso and simply diluting it with hot water to the desired concentration.
Consider the most simple and delicious recipes.
- Espresso with a pinch of cinnamon:
- Pre turn on the machine to warm up;
- To pour milled grain in a container, rammed;
- Install container and run the coffee maker;
- After the finished drink will be in a cup, sprinkle the foam with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Cappuccino (in case the device has a cappuccinator in the set):
- Enable car;
- To pour a third cup of milk;
- Enable steam, wait for the cessation of the appearance of water droplets, turn off;
- Lower a cappuccinator tube into cold milk for frothing;
- Turn off steam and wash the tube;
- Fall asleep milled powder in the horn, tamp and paste it into the device;
- Transfuse in the resulting drink milk foam.
What to look for when choosing?
To choose a carob type coffee machine for yourself, you need to take into account many factors, not just the material of the horn and the power of the device. There are coffee makers with an integrated coffee grinder. You should pay attention to other parameters:
- Type of constructions: pump or steam;
- Fluid volume for making coffee drinks;
- Availability opportunities to prepare cappuccino: a machine with an automatic cappuccinator or not;
- Possibility of use coffee beans, shredded coffee or pods;
- Availability indication systems of the state of the machine;
- Opportunity maintain the temperature of the coffee;
- Presence of function highlight cups;
- Presence of function heating;
- Design coffee maker;
- Dimensions: small devices are more suitable for small families;
- Additional functionality.
Several horns can be provided in a design of the rozhkovy coffee maker. As a rule, low-cost models are equipped with one, so they can make a couple cups of an invigorating drink. For large families or office premises, you should choose a device with several horns. material, from which the horn itself is made, also follows note. It is better if it is made of of stainless steel. Usually the kit includes a filter for making a delicious thick espresso foam. The volume of the horn also plays an important role, it is produced in volume from 0.2 liters to 1.5 liters.
It is better to give your preference with a removable container for liquids. This will make the process of caring for the coffee maker easier and simpler.
Cappucinatoro machinesm have their advantage. Even if you are not a big lover of cappuccino, you should not abandon this feature. It is better to buy such a car than to buy additional accessories later. For those who like to add various spices and spices to the drink, it is better to purchase coffee makers with the possibility of making a drink using pods. When choosing pay attention to size and design. A wide variety of model range of devices allows you to find a device that is ideal for any room and harmoniously fit into any interior.
In addition, carob type coffee machines may have the following additional features:
- System indications showing fluid level;
- Protection from short circuit and electricity overload;
- Opportunity simultaneously prepare two different drinks;
- Removable drip panel;
- Function quick stop the process of making coffee;
- Function maintain temperature;
- Opportunity preheating the cups (cars with this function will be very expensive).
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages and disadvantages Carob type coffee machines mainly depend on the parameters of a particular model. The design is designed in such a way as to brew a fragrant and saturated drink, while retaining all its beneficial properties. If you buy an expensive model, you can see that it has virtually no flaws. But even the most expensive and multifunctional coffee maker is not able to compete with the coffee machine.
Advantages of coffee makers:
- Complete no coffee grounds or sediment in the finished drink;
- Coffee turns out fragrant and saturated;
- Drink preparing very quickly;
- Opportunity making several types of drink;
- Espresso Prepared with a delicious creamy crema;
- Not necessary constantly change the filter;
- Simplicity and ease of maintenance;
- Pretty democratic device cost.
Disadvantages of rozhkovy coffee makers:
- The absence of built-in coffee grinder;
- Required to constantly grind milled grains with tempera;
- Usually the device has quite large dimensions;
- Not all kinds Coffee maker for cooking.
Overview of popular firms
Modern manufacturers offer various models of coffee makers. The undisputed leaders are Italian coffee makers. This is not surprising, because Italy is a budget model of excellent quality.
Decide what household appliances you need: professional or for home. You should purchase the device according to the selected criteria. However, it may happen that several manufacturers offer similar at first glance models. To find out which ones are better, you need to familiarize yourself with the products of the most popular companies:
In order not to get lost in a wide variety of models on the market of household appliances, you need to know exactly what parameters the device should have.
- Polaris. The company offers products for home and office. The technique is reliable, very easy to operate and maintain. Some models are designed to use ground coffee, and powder in the pods. The advantages are: budget cost, ease of management, quality materials. Disadvantages: noise at work, little functionality.
- Philips. Good technique for use at home. These devices are capable of preparing coffee not only from ground beans, but also using pods. The coffee maker has a large number of functions, has a very compact overall dimensions. Distinctive features of devices can be called a stylish modern design and ease of use. The advantages of technology are: the ability to prepare two cups of drink, nozzle-cappuccinator, auto heating function. Disadvantages: the lack of self-cleaning device, no display, the body is made of plastic.
- Rowenta The company has developed devices that can make not only black coffee, espresso, but also cappuccino. The design provides a filter cleaning system from waste. You can prepare 4 cups of drink. The cost of the device is low. Advantages: many useful functions, the presence of a nozzle for making cappuccino, compact size. Disadvantages are plastic case, small power.
- Bosch. The company has long established itself as a reliable manufacturer of home appliances. Coffee makers of the company have the following advantages: high power, high speed of making drinks, the ability to cook cappuccino manually. The disadvantages include: lack of an anti-droplet system, no automatic decalcification function and automatic shutdown.
- Mystery. The manufacturer produces coffee makers with a metal horn. These devices are inexpensive. Of the advantages, you can highlight a large capacity, capacious bowl for water, the ability to cook cappuccino manually. Among the shortcomings, there are: lack of automatic decalcification, plastic case.
- Ariete. These devices are several times more expensive than devices manufactured by some other companies. The design of coffee makers is stylish, original. Type of device - pump. Many devices have a built-in coffee grinder, so you can use whole grains to make drinks. These are very powerful devices that are virtually devoid of flaws. These include only the plastic case.
- Redmond. The manufacturer is a steam coffee makers of small capacity. They are not very expensive. Many models have a built-in cappuccinator. There are functions of Czech heating and the possibility of preparing two cups of the drink. Among the drawbacks is the small volume of the water container.
Coffee makers It will take you quite a while to enjoy delicious and rich drinks, if you don’t forget to take care of it. It is necessary not only to clean the dirt outside the product, but also to remove all internal contaminants that may appear during the work.
It is better to spend a little time to wash the device, than to spend time, money and nerves on carrying out repairs and troubleshooting.
Not all manufacturers produce products equipped with automatic cleaning systems. Therefore, you have to monitor the device yourself. It should be very attentive to the degree of grinding, as too small will cause clogging and the display may show "no pressure"
To prepare the drink, the coffee powder must be properly pressed to make the coffee well brewed. At the end of the cooking process, rinse the horn thoroughly under a powerful stream of water. Periodically, it is recommended to clean it with special pills that remove coffee fats.
Decalcification - An integral part of the care of any coffee maker, especially if your area is very hard water. To carry out this procedure, you must use special tools that can be purchased in stores.
In addition to cleaning the device itself, it is necessary to monitor the cleanliness of removable nozzles, for example, a cappuccinator. Immediately after use, wash it with water. If for some reason this was not possible and the milk dried, then resort to a special composition for cleaning the cappuccinator. After the procedure for removing dried milk is completed, the nozzle should be washed with plenty of water. If the cappuccinator is built in, then the product must be poured into a container for milk, and the device must be turned on. After the process is finished, rinse the device several times with clean water.
Remember that it is better to spend some money on cleaning products than to pay for expensive repairs and spare parts.
Many lovers of strong invigorating coffee have already purchased coffee makers. They note that it is very easy and simple to use the device. Cooking a cup of flavored drink now does not take much time and does not need constant monitoring of the process, fearing that the coffee will be on the stove.
Most of the buyers gave their preference to coffee machines of the carob type, since their cost is not very high and the purchase does not ruin the family budget. A distinctive feature of the finished drink is a gentle foam, which is formed during the preparation process.
For offices, consumers chose multi-track units that can make drinks not only from ground coffee or pods, but also from whole grains too. Built-in coffee grinder allows you to grind coffee beans to the desired degree, so you do not need to worry that grinding can cause problems during operation of the device.
Those consumers, who already had experience using coffee makers and for some reason acquired a new device noted that when choosing guided by the presence of functions. Special attention was given to models that could cook not only classic espresso, but also incredibly delicious cappuccino. An important factor was the power of the device. Mighty machines were preparing delicious drinks for a few moments, what allowed to save considerably the time.
Saving time on the preparation of drinks and other buyers were guided. However, many of them needed other necessary functions: a self-cleaning system, a timer, and support for the temperature of the drink. For many coffee lovers, the parameter that determines the choice was the volume of the water tank. They purchased appliances with a large flask, as they are able to make a large amount of coffee.
See in the video how to choose the right rozhkovy coffee maker.
The overall dimensions of the device were very important for people who do not have enough space in the kitchens to accommodate large appliances. The small-sized devices did not contain a large number of functions, but the coffee was brewed very tasty. Many coffee lovers when choosing paid attention to the materials from which the device is made. It was important for them to choose a device with a metal horn, since such coffee makers made richer drinks.
Some people said that all their life they brewed coffee in Turk by themselves, because they believed that in this case, the most delicious and healthy drink is obtained. But once having tried the coffee prepared in the coffee maker, they decided to purchase such a device for themselves.
Many people cannot start their day without a cup, or even two strong drinks. They are very sensitive to issues such as the selection of coffee beans and the method of preparation of the drink. Not all of them have enough time to prepare the drink on their own, so they purchase coffee makers. Thanks to these devices at any time you can enjoy a cup of flavored drink. And the best to drink freshly brewed rich drink!