Capsule coffee machine
Many people can’t imagine their morning without a cup of fragrant invigorating coffee.. Prepare a drink of fragrant grains can be different. Some prefer the old proven method of cooking with the help of the Turks or Cezve. However, for this grain you need to pre-grind. And the final taste of the drink will be influenced by a huge number of factors: the quality and quantity of water, the temperature at which it is prepared, grinding, roasting of the product itself. Moreover, not everyone is able, just after getting up in the morning, to perform a whole ceremony for preparing a drink for themselves and their loved ones. In this case, an excellent acquisition that can improve the quality of life and raise the morning mood, will be a coffee machine. In order for the purchase not to disappoint, and the device worked exactly as you want, you need to choose it correctly.
There are various types of coffee making machines at home.
The process of preparing a drink capsule coffee machine almost completely takes over. Therefore, it is considered the most convenient in home use. For making coffee, a special capsule is used. Grabs it on one cup. Inside the apparatus, its shell breaks through with a powerful air jet and the complex cooking process begins. The advantages of such a device can be considered convenience, automatic operation and relatively low cost. However, the choice of the type of drink for the user is limited by the range of capsules for the device. And the cost of one cup is obtained at the output is quite high. Such a device is capable of producing about fifty cups a day. It is possible to install it in the kitchen of any size, because it has compact dimensions.
Drip machine is characterized by a relatively small cost and simple principle of operation. Hot water passes through the coffee powder and filter slowly drop by drop. It is saturated with the taste and aroma of ground beans and flows into the cup. There are many options for drip coffee machines, they vary in capacity, material and size of the flask, which is going to prepare the drink, the type of filter. Filters can be paper, nylon and gold. The first are suitable for single use only. Nylon can withstand cooking up to sixty cups, and gold are designed for long life.
This type of coffee maker is a bit like an ordinary Turk. To make coffee, it must be put on the stove, whether it is an electric hob or a gas burner. There are also electrical devices of this type. Their difference from the previous version is that the water is under the coffee. Boiling it, like a geyser, splashes onto the powder, is soaked with its aroma and taste and merges into a flask.
This type of coffee machine got its name because of the hole in the shape of a horn, in which you need to pour ground coffee. In this case, you need to carefully mix the powder to get a tablet, with which then the device will work. Therefore, to use this type of device requires some experience and skill. It is possible to consider as pluses the small price and good taste of the coffee received at the exit. It is customary to attribute to inconvenience the fact that after each use it is necessary to thoroughly wash the horn.
Making the drink rozhkovy coffee machine produces by passing steam through a tablet of pressed coffee. There are two types of pressure used. In devices that use steam with a pressure of up to 4 bar, the resulting drink will be with a bright and strong taste. His cooking will be quite long. And at pressures up to 14 bar, the process takes significantly less time, but the final taste of the product is gentle and light.
Grain coffee machine is very similar to the horn on the principle of action. But additionally it also has a coffee grinder in the configuration. When using freshly ground coffee, the drink is obtained with a brighter and more intense aroma. The grinder may differ in the material from which the millstones are made. Ceramic are good because they are quieter and more convenient to operate and maintain. Metal is able to serve much longer.
These are powerful automatic cars, equipped with a large number of functions. They have a built-in coffee grinder. One of its advantages is considered to be just a built-in grain grinding machine. This ensures the use of the most fresh and flavorful product for the preparation of the drink. Moreover, the process is fully automated, this machine allows you to use it without capsules.
The water entering the device is filtered and cleaned, which protects the internal parts from dirt and scaling.. This type of device works according to the following scheme: first, it grinds coffee beans and presses the resulting powder. Then he moves it to a special compartment and slowly passes heated water through it. The disadvantages of the combined automatic coffee machines is their high cost and large size. In addition, they produce a fairly strong noise, which makes them not very comfortable in home use.
Advantages and disadvantages
Capsule type coffee making machine has certain pros and cons, which must be considered when choosing this type of machine.
- Automation of the whole process of making a drink is very pleasant. To get a cup of aromatic coffee, you only need to place the capsule in a special compartment, the device will do the rest. At the same time, the place around the machine is not polluted, because you don’t have to grind the grain on your own and cover the powder.
- Even to change the filters and wash the entire structure from the user is not required. Sometimes you need to clean the device from the resulting scale, wash the water tank and just wipe the machine itself on top. The user is free from the need to clean the thick of the remaining coffee powder through the use of capsules.
- The cost of the device is quite attractive, especially if you compare it with automatic combined devices.
- The speed of preparation of the drink is impressive. It is comparable to the use of instant coffee.
- But the taste of the prepared beverage will be much better. Indeed, in capsules there is always a product of the same grade and of the highest quality. Some companies that are particularly careful in their production take into account even the cultivation, harvesting and preparation of coffee beans. All stages of the process are carefully monitored in order to always get the perfect result.
- In addition, capsules can be stored for quite a long time. Since they are hermetically sealed, their content is not exposed to moisture, oxygen and other external factors, does not deteriorate and does not lose its taste and aroma. Packaging is able to maintain the quality of raw materials up to two years.
- It is also nice that grinding coffee is not required. This saves a lot of time. Also, do not need to buy and store in the kitchen coffee grinder.
- The difference from the automatic machine in the positive direction is also the fact that the operation of the capsule apparatus is practically silent.
- The small dimensions of the device allow you to place it in any interior, even the smallest kitchen.
In addition to the advantages, the use of a capsule coffee machine has drawbacks that cannot be ignored.
- The fact that the coffee machine itself costs quite a bit of money compared to the automatic counterpart is not entirely true. Yes, when you buy, you will certainly spend a smaller amount. However, when operating an automatic machine that does not use capsules, will pay for itself fairly quickly. This fact lies in the high cost of the capsules themselves. Small containers contain a sufficient portion of coffee for one cup, but no more. If you calculate the cost of a cup of coffee obtained with their help, it will be much higher than the average. And if you use large packages of grain coffee, the difference will be impressive.
- Capsules are not universal. For machines of the same brand can not be used created by another company samples. Because of this, and a limited range of products of some brands, users may be significantly limited in the choice of the type of drink produced. And, despite the high quality and pleasant consistency of the contents of the capsules, even the most delicious coffee can get bored.
At the heart of the device of the capsule coffee machine lies the body and the design, which can withstand the control module and all the elements necessary for the operation. Here are the parts of such a device:
- boiler - the most important element by which the device works, it brings cold water to the temperature required for preparing a beverage;
- the pump creates a certain pressure above atmospheric, this component is similar to the pump and allows you to most quickly and intensively affect the coffee powder;
- control unit - the usual part for modern devices, it is responsible for the full control of the operation of the device, thanks to a combination of electronic parts and software; with it you can turn on and off the device, set the mode of operation for it and adjust the necessary functions;
- capsule handling system - specially adjusted mechanical parts, which are responsible for installing it in the right place and in the right position, puncture the package with a powerful jet of air and remove it after use in a specially designed container;
- water dispenser - delivers the volume of liquid necessary for making a quality drink, it also depends on the selected volume of coffee that you need to get at the outlet.
Without all these components, properly adjusted and prepared, the operation of the capsule coffee device would be impossible.
Principle of operation
The principle of making coffee using capsules was patented in 1978. After that, scientists and professionals engaged in the improvement and refinement of this process. In order to get the perfect drink in the morning, you need to choose a suitable coffee for you. For capsule coffee machines, manufacturers produce containers with different varieties and roasting beans. The capsules also indicate in which particular brand of device they can be used and the exact characteristics of the contents. The capsule of one manufacturer differs from the other in design, the material from which it is made, it can be plastic or aluminum foil, as well as the powder itself. For the preparation of cappuccino, two containers can be supplied: with ground grains and with dry milk. If you wish, you can use only coffee, and add milk or cream directly to the cup yourself.
Universal capsule coffee machine after placing the capsule and pressing the desired button warms the cold water poured to the required temperature. The cap of the capsule is punctured by an air jet of strong pressure. Usually brewed coffee is recommended at a temperature of 90 degrees. And it is precisely this value that most models support. The heated water under pressure passes through the capsule with the powder, being saturated with coffee taste and aroma. And then enters the tank for the finished drink or immediately into the cup.
Of course, the work of different devices may vary somewhat, but the actions remain about the same.
- Purified water should be poured into the water tank. Usually it is located on the back of the device.
- At the bottom of the tank is a pump that takes the right amount of fluid and sends it to the heater.
- Flowing past the heating element, the water acquires the necessary operating temperature.
- To increase the pressure, fluid pump is pumped through a narrow channel.
- The high temperature and pressure of water allow you to quickly and accurately brew the coffee powder in the capsule. Usually a small inlet is located on the bottom, and a wider outlet on top of the tank.
- A filter built right into the capsule protects the drink from the ingress of coffee grounds. The resulting coffee falls into a special container or immediately into the cup.
Many coffee makers at home, besides the basic functions, have additional pleasant properties. They allow you to make the preparation of a coffee drink the most simple and enjoyable. The function of automatic switching off the device is convenient when used frequently. It will turn itself off after use, saving you time and precious electricity. In the morning it seems the most sensible when we are not yet fully awake and, as always, we rush to work.
The quality of the water used to prepare it significantly influences the taste of the drink.. In any coffee machine to use clean filtered water. It also protects against lime scale. But if you do not have the opportunity to filter the water every time, or there is no such desire, you can purchase a device with a built-in filter. Also an excellent device is a self-cleaning system, saving the user time. After all, from time to time every coffee machine should be washed.
Conventional coffee machines by default prepare espresso. If you wish, you can use it to make other beverages based on concentrated coffee. Some models are equipped with the ability to prepare various drinks based on the desired type of capsules:
- familiar espresso,
- cream cafes
- caramel latte
- cappuccino and others.
In addition, the machines are equipped with the ability to make tea, hot chocolate or cocoa.. Milk is added separately using a special capsule. Or you can buy a machine with a cappuccinator. This component allows you to beat the milk in the foam, so vending lovers of this drink. Accessories such as a pressure gauge or container for placing used capsules can also be useful. It is also quite pleasant when the whole process of operating the machine and making coffee can be seen on the display. All of these components are optional and increase the cost of the instrument. Therefore, each customer can choose a product depending on the functions he needs.
What to look for when choosing?
When choosing a coffee machine for the home, you need to decide on the functionality that you need.. Firstly, we choose any equipment depending on its price. Also, depending on how many people will drink coffee at the same time. There are devices designed for one, and there are - for two cups. Also affects the choice of the number of drinks that the device should be able to cook. For home use it is better to choose compact devices. They are able to save time and money when buying, while doing an excellent job with their functions, making not a lot of noise.
When choosing, pay attention to the key characteristics of the device:
- power - the speed of the device operation will depend on the value of this parameter;
- pressure - affects the taste of the final drink, the smaller it will be, the stronger and richer the taste you get;
- volume - the amount of water directly affects the amount of drink produced;
- additional functionality - pleasant operation and important moments for you.
At the choice of the coffee machine pressure of supply of water is one of the most essential characteristics. For home use, it can be 4-15 bar.
Capsules for your device can be purchased in the required quantity. They are beautifully stored for a year or two. You can buy them in specialized stores with coffee and tea, in supermarkets of electronics, ordered via the Internet. In addition, you can wait for discounts or promotions. It is important not to forget that not all of them are universal, some devices support capsules only from their manufacturer.
Overview of popular manufacturers
There are many manufacturers of equipment for making coffee. Let's review the most popular models of such devices on the market.
- One of the most popular is the Nespresso system.. For it create brands such as Delonghi and Krups. They are distinguished by good parts and assembly, which characterize the Swiss quality. Devices have a stylish and nice appearance. Nice and a variety of capsules for this type of technology. They include 26 types of coffee, 6 of which do not contain caffeine. At the same time, they have a fairly high price, and this can be considered a disadvantage.
- Dolche Gusto also have a pleasant range of flavors. This type is characterized by a large selection of models, a pleasant design and low cost devices.
- Cremesso is characterized by the fastest cooking process and extremely high quality coffee., because the whole process of growing and processing of grains is controlled by the brand. In total there are 11 types of coffee and 4 - tea.
- Tassimo, developed in the USA, have the most advanced electronic control. Characterized by high quality and reasonable price, as the machines themselves, and capsules for them.
- Tchibo differs from analogs in the vertical position of the capsules. This saves space. It has a reasonable price, good quality and ease of operation.
- Rioba - Italian cars, guaranteeing the quality of assembly and raw materials for capsules of the same name. It has a compartment for used capsules and a 1 liter water tank. Italy is also a country where professional coffee equipment is produced. It is perfect for organizing your bar, for example.
- Paulig is a quality machine for instant coffee, has 10 types of coffee in capsules, as well as tea.
- Philips - produces simple, versatile and convenient equipment, extremely popular with consumers.
Feedback on purchasing a capsule coffee machine for the home is mostly positive. It is easy to use, the drink is prepared in just a minute, and its taste is always excellent. It is easy to take care of the device, it is pleasant-looking and convenient to use. And the cost of capsules, many users reduce, skillfully using the Internet, promotions and reusable options.