Case case for kitchen
The case case can be compared to a high-rise building among small houses. And it performs the same function - to accommodate the maximum with the minimum occupied area. This quality allowed him to become an indispensable part of kitchen furniture. The case of our time has become especially valuable when kitchens were filled with a variety of devices designed to facilitate cooking, but requiring a place to place them, such as a refrigerator, oven, microwave, combines, coffee makers, mixers, blenders, etc. The closet box, or as it is also called, the column, will allow you to find your convenient place for all these items. With it, you can hide one and make the other more visible. That is, we can say that such an element of furniture is multifunctional, ergonomic and easy to use.
There is a wide range of models of cupboards for the kitchen. Each of them has its own direction in use.
By design, they are:
- With doors, which makes it possible to hide from the eyes a lot of things, dishes, appliances that you need not so often. Also behind the doors it is convenient to store stocks of products, spices, necessary trifles in the kitchen. But this option can be performed with transparent doors, then the cabinet can act as a buffet.
- Open cabinets look good in small kitchens, do not make the interior more bulky. This option speeds up access to items. And they can also be used as an opportunity to create a decor element with filling the shelves with vases, dishes, flowers, etc.
- Cabinets designed for built-in appliances, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, ovens, etc. They can be made in the open version or have doors.
- In modern kitchens used cabinets cases that can be nominated or rolled out. Their space is made in the form of specialized boxes, nets, shelves, sections, convenient for storing a large number of necessary items.
Tips for choosing
The choice of cabinet-case is not much different from the choice of other pieces of furniture. Of course, it all starts with the size. Here it is important that the case organically fit into the already existing interior. Hence, its dimensions should ideally correspond to the dimensions of the cabinets in depth and height. The width of the canister will be determined by its functional purpose or the available space.
Knowing that the closet case brings additional convenience to our lives, we must decide what kind of content it will have. It can simply be shelves at different heights, drawers, sliding lower shelves, niches for embedded equipment.
An important point of choice is the material of manufacture, the usual version of the economy class is chipboard or MDF. More expensive and durable natural wood.
And, of course, the choice will be difficult when it comes to design. The popularity of the cabinet-case is high, respectively, many designers are trying to offer more and more new options. There are cases with fully glass doors, different color solutions are used, including bright bold ones. For example, now lemon pencil cases look very stylish in yellow or yellow-green colors. This color fills the kitchen with sunshine and mood. The choice is large, but the decision should be based on the interior of the kitchen, its stylistic orientation.
Examples of placement in the interior
The case easily fits into any style and kitchen design with the right choice of model and color.
- If your kitchen is designed in a contemporary style, then cases with matte or glossy finish using plastic, film or enamel are appropriate. Coloring is also not limited to traditional light non-vivid colors. Now more and more often the choice is made in the direction of bright, but not screaming colors, or a combination of two colors. It is also possible to play on the contrast of white and black, white and blue, beige and chocolate.
- For lovers of high-tech suitcase strict forms with aluminum profile, the minimum number of elements of beige, gray or blue tones.
- Choosing a rustic style can stay on a wooden case or decorated with wood, without frills, rather, a little rough.
- The case with open shelves will fit perfectly into the Mediterranean-style kitchen. In addition, in such a kitchen appliances will be very appropriate to hide in a pencil case with doors. Because the style is old-fashioned and it doesn’t suit it very much.
- It is also important to use canisters under the oven, microwave and other appliances in the kitchen in the style of minimalism. The use of canisters for equipment allows you to make it more convenient to use by selecting the installation height. It is appropriate monochrome pencil cases of clear lines without decor.
- For Art Nouveau style when designing a case, the built-in appliances will be an element of decor, the use of lighting here will be very appropriate.
- In classic style, traditional elements of furniture decoration, cornices, lining of wood, pilasters, arches will look harmonious. Built-in equipment is selected and installed calm restrained colors.
How to do it yourself
The desire to create always lives in a person, and even with a wide choice of furniture, there will be those who want to do everything themselves. For them, we can advise the following.
- The cabinet can be easily made if you have small skills in working with tools for manufacturing, meticulous work and the ability to read drawings.
- It all starts with the choice of what kind of pencil case you want to make, under the technique, with shelves for dishes, with drawers for products or something else. From this will depend on its design, dimensions, materials used for shelves, the presence of doors.
- The next step is to draw the drawing, taking into account the dimensions that your closet should fit into. They will depend on the available space where you put it and the size of the existing furniture. If there are no special skills for drawing, you can use special programs where you will receive not only a detailed drawing, but also a specification of the necessary accessories.
- According to the finished drawing, you can choose which materials and for which parts it is rational to use. You can make a wardrobe from different materials, as an option you can consider the construction of a metal frame with plasterboard plating. Traditionally used fiberboard, MDF or wood for the body, plywood for the shelves and the back wall. You will need laths for mounting, holders for shelves, fixing materials. If the cabinet is supposed to have doors, then respectively the doors themselves, brackets for their suspension. It is desirable to take into account that for the strength of the structure one of the shelves is fixed rigidly, the material for it is better to choose the same as for the bottom and the cover. The height of other shelves may vary, their strength will depend on the purpose of the shelf.
- After the quantity and dimensions of the cabinet parts have been determined, we calculate the need for the material. It can be purchased in specialized stores, where they can also make all the details according to your size, saving you from the hard work and extra garbage.
- Prepare all the necessary tools, the main of which are a screwdriver, a drill with a set of drills, a sharp knife, a hammer, a level, a tape measure, a square, a pencil.
- According to the calculations of the program or your own to collect all the fastening materials and accessories.
- The assembly is more convenient to produce on the floor, so you need to have enough free space. Assembly parts are better numbered, which will provide a more convenient operation. After the main part of the frame is assembled, it is necessary to put the cabinet vertically and make sure that it is stable.
- For additional strength of fastening parts in addition to screws and nails, you can use glue.
- When the structure is assembled completely, you can proceed to the creative stage of the design of the facade. There are many options for painting, varnishing, pasting film, the use of wood veneer, plastic. If the style of your kitchen allows, then you can use decorative items in the form of overlays or stucco.
Here is considered the simplest version of the cabinet of the case with several shelves. Additional details such as drawers or specialized shelves will require more skills, a careful approach to design development, and more tools. But if you wish, all this is possible.