A mixer is a necessary kitchen appliance for cooking all kinds of dishes. This device is designed for whipping and mixing. In addition, it can cope with additional functions, depending on the number of nozzles and its own power.
Bosch was founded in the mid-40s by an entrepreneur-engineer who loved engineering. Initially, the company was engaged in the redistribution of electrical equipment in the country, and then German equipment began to be supplied to other countries. The company began to engage in own production of small and large household appliances after a decade. Already after another decade, gained worldwide popularity as the world nonsense of high-quality German products.
Today, Bosch also keeps the bar of one of the most high-quality consumer electronics manufacturers in the middle price segment. Mixers from the company are a variety of: manual, stationary, powerful and economical. All models have their advantages and disadvantages.
Since the company represents, like Braun, the highest quality devices, the need for a large selection is always relevant. For example, there are mixers with a bowl, without it (manual) and even professional - they are distinguished by a high level of work and high power. There are some species.
Such devices are found on the market of small kitchen appliances most often - they are considered the most convenient to use. During the activation of such a mixer, hands are free - the device does not need to be held down, he does everything himself. All that is needed is to immerse the products in a special bowl.
In addition to the classic models with a bowl, Bosch offers devices with a bowl that rotates in a circle to achieve maximum mixing and give a lightness consistency. Thanks to several speeds, in such mixers you can independently regulate the speed of rotation of the bowl and mixing products.
By design, such mixers do not differ from the models with bowls. The only difference is the lack of dishes for mixing the consistencies in the set. However, for some it will be even a plus - it is possible to knead the dough in any dish you like. And pick up exactly the volumes that are needed. The advantage of such mixers over other models is more significant, so the absence of a bowl is not a disadvantage. In addition, in power and functionality, they do not differ from the classic Bosch models.
As a rule, models of this type are not mounted on stands, do not have a bowl, and during operation they must be kept in hand all the time. Some Bosch devices are equipped with a wireless power type, that is, they are capable of battery powered operation.
Mixers of this level do not have a large power rating, and a large amount of dough may simply not be whipped. Therefore, before buying such a device, you should pay attention to the material and shape of the handle: it should be comfortable, easily fixed in your hand and not slip out. It is also interesting that all models are equipped with a special coating. Often, additional nozzles, such as beaters, go to such devices.
Such mixers are installed on a special stand, have a fixation - the bowl is fixed firmly and strictly on the installation, inside which the engine. More often they are called stationary. This is the fundamental difference between mixers of this type and submersible mixers - in the latter, the engine is located in the part under the handle.
Sometimes stationary models take up a lot of space in the kitchen, but perform a large number of functions and can cope with a large number of products at a time: yeast dough, eggs, cocktails — everything is whipped in a few seconds. Popular models from Bosch can even replace a food processor and present two-in-one universal models.
There is another unusual type of mixers, which are designed specifically for beating homogeneous consistencies for cocktails and smoothies. Due to certain characteristics, they easily cope with milk, cream - they make delicate textures for ice cream and milkshakes. However, in the presence of certain nozzles, the device can be used for mixing eggs and other thin liquids.
By analyzing all the available mixers from the German company, we can conclude that the instruments with a bowl have some advantages over immersion models. Manufacturers make such mixers more powerful, so eggs, cocktails and even cream can be whipped into thick foam or paste. They work faster and are used, for the most part, to make the dough of the coolest consistency.
Stationary model Bosch MFQ 3555 white
The mixer has five basic speeds, which is very convenient for mixing not only the dough, but also other mixtures. It represents the construction of a universal type: the manual part is easily detached and has a plastic form in the set. With this device you can mix smoothies, make mousses and all sorts of sauces, as well as, thanks to special nozzles, mashed potatoes. The set includes a dough hook and a whisk. The device is equipped with the ability to smoothly turn on, and the tank itself is closed with a special lid - for safety.
- power indicators - 350 W;
- speeds - 5;
- additional nozzles - 2;
- plastic case;
- pulse mode.
- The advantages of the device - a rotating bowl.
Bosch MFQ 36460 household mixer
It is a more advanced model. It has an increased size of the container, which rotates; the case material is high-strength plastic. The volume of the mug - 3 liters. The advantages of this model: additions, knives and blades can be washed in the dishwasher. The mixer power is 450 watts, which is a very good indicator for a stationary device. Speed can be switched manually using a single button, and the nozzle in the form of a nimbus allows you to whip the consistency to medium and thick cream.
It is noteworthy that the company equipped this device with noise cancellation, due to which it works almost silently. The addition of a spiral shape allows you to knead the dough for ravioli and dumplings. Also there is a pulse mode and turbo button.
- power indicators - 450 W;
- speeds - 5;
- nozzles - 4;
- plastic case;
- pulse mode.
Manual Bosch MFQ 3520 device
It is a simple and reliable mechanism that can mix the texture for any sweetness. The engine has a power of about 350 W, and six speeds allow you to select and adjust the cooking according to individual criteria. The mixer is as simple as possible to use: plug in the socket, insert the necessary nozzle, immerse it in the bowl and press the start.
Beaters and several cocktail blending accessories are included. In one click, the nozzles are removed, the case can be wiped with a damp cloth, and the nozzles can be washed in hot water.
- power indicators - 350 W;
- speeds - 5;
- nozzles - 4;
- pulse mode;
- plastic case.
Which is better: a blender or a mixer?
In order to understand the advantages of one and the other and know the shortcomings, and most importantly - to make the right choice, it is necessary to clearly define what the kitchen appliance will be needed for:
- the mixer is necessary for the preparation of sweets, all kinds of meringues, airy consistencies and mixing until a homogeneous texture of several components;
- Blender is used for crumbling, grinding and slicing products. Such a device easily crushes ice, mashes soups, brings solid products to a uniform consistency - or finely processes them. The most powerful can even cope with grinding coffee and crushing nuts.
Some models of mixers, due to the large number of nozzles, can cope with the functions of meat grinding and thicker cocktails - such as smoothies. However, the power of the mixers is much lower than even standard blenders, which is why, when performing unusual functions, the mixer can overheat or burn completely.
Blenders are produced in such a way that they cope with the function of whipping as well as their standard characteristics. In fact, modern models are real food processors. It is surprising that both the device and the other can handle all functions equally well, but the difference is power. The mixer is always slightly lower in this indicator.
Two in one is a device for those who do not want to choose. As a rule, it is presented with corollas, easily performs the functions of crushing and has a good capacity. If you need more whipping and stirring, it is better to give preference to mixers. If you need more chop, shred and cut - it is recommended to opt for blenders.
Nozzles and accessories
A set of accessories is perhaps the most important thing for modern devices and Bosch manufacturers understand this perfectly. Therefore, the company presents a huge selection of both separately sold parts and components. There are parts for both manual and stationary mixer:
- a whisk - it is necessary for mixing a consistence to uniform uniformity. Bosch usually provides a pair of forks that process eggs, cream, and consistency for any dough. The German company uses strictly steel material of manufacture - so the service life is not limited;
- special hooks - necessary for mixing thick dough. For example, using such a tool, you can knead the dough on cakes, pies and muffins. Have the appearance of wavy spirals. Production material - a special type of metal;
- nozzle-blender - used for grinding fruits and vegetables. Also, thanks to this addition, you can make mashed potatoes and beat cocktails from solid products. Such a tool is a complete analogue of the handle of an immersion blender. Mounted, as a rule, to the front side of the device;
- universal type chopper - components that are taken from the construction of the same blender. It has the form of a special container, inside which the blades or several knives of nozzles (they can be changed). When using a grinder, the device becomes universal in the kitchen - it performs all functions: meat grinders, blender and mixer. It should also be remembered that to use such a device in different ways, you need the appropriate nozzles;
- accessory for making mashed potatoes - necessary for mixing and processing products in mashed potatoes. Sometimes this accessory is standard in the set, as the blender attachment is more expensive and is purchased separately;
- strainer - used to skip the flour and make it more uniform. Also - to wipe berries and fruits for jam or jam;
- electrolysis - necessary for cutting everything that can be cut: bread, cheese, vegetables, meat. From Bosch - this is the most unusual and newest nozzle for mixers;
- stand - used for stationary devices, as well as mounted on special gears.
Bowl rotation for a stationary mixer. When turning around the axis, the beaters rotate in one direction, and the bowl - in the other. This function is not just added: the dough is mixed faster, the consistency is uniform, without lumps. A pretty necessary feature for stationary type mixers.
Button instant disconnect nozzles. To instantly switch the nozzle, just click on the button. Previously, Bosch engineers equipped the devices with a button, which was necessary to strongly push. Now she has a simplified design, and it is present in almost all models.
Protective mechanism against overheating. Thanks to this feature, the engine automatically shuts off when the load is increased.
Special mount - necessary for fixing the mixer on the wall. Such a nozzle is necessary for a small kitchen space.
Handle with rubber inserts - necessary for careful fixing the mixer in your hand. As a rule, it is used with devices, manual type and without bowl.
Long cord. The classic cord length is about one meter. However, the company, Bosch, in order to ease of activation, produces models with a cord length of up to 1.8 meters.
Connector for cord storage - necessary for easy storage. Due to this, the cord can not be wound on the mixer itself.
How to use
Before using the mixer, you must be familiar with the precautions:
- The appliance should be connected to the mains only. After work, it must be immediately turned off and kept away from children;
- It is best to place the device as far as possible from the kitchen appliances and stove. This will give the opportunity to protect it from splashing fat, it is also the possibility of careless melting;
- The mixer itself must not be immersed in water or a dishwasher. But the individual parts - you can.
If there is an immersion mixer, then under it you should choose the right jugs and bowls. They must be deep, otherwise you will not avoid splashing products in all directions. It is necessary to remember the correct proportions: the volume of the bowl must be filled to two thirds.
After each use of the mixer, all attachments and accessories must be washed, the mixer must be cleaned and dried. The body, as a rule, is covered with a special material that is easy to clean.
Reviews and comparison with other brands
Before you begin to compare the main mixers with each other, a few tips that can be easily guided in the electrical engineering store:
- better if the choice is towards a brand with a positive reputation. As a rule, several companies always differ in the quality of manufacturing parts and boast a long work history of several decades. Mixers have a large number of additions and accessories (jagged, carved, and other parts) and an electric motor - therefore there should not be a bad design. With a strong savings on such a purchase, you can overheat the device at the very first application or break it altogether;
- should choose a bowl and nozzles made of stainless steel - then they can be washed even in the dishwasher. They are durable, do not emit harmful substances and are able to cope with increased load;
- It is necessary to take into account additional functions, because thanks to this, you can save on the purchase of a blender.
- Check for damage and defects the device must be before purchase. It may be that the nozzles engage when scrolling or refuse to turn.
When comparing mixers from Bosch with the MUM range of food processors, it should be understood that the latter have such a universal assembly that they combine all the functions of other devices at once: meat grinders, juicers, vegetable cutters, blenders and, finally, a mixer. This brand is presented as a kind of final stage of all kitchen creations from Bosch.
As a rule, they are much more powerful than hand mixers (and even many blenders from the same manufacturer), have a more substantial design and take up quite a lot of space. In addition, the combines of this series are presented in the metal, rather than plastic, like mixers. Their power can reach up to 1600 watts, since splitting ice, chopping coarse meat and processing hard vegetables in a smoothie - requires high speeds. The consumption of the mixer, even the universal ErgoMixx, is minimal - up to 450 watts.
When comparing the Clever Mixx mixer with other models, for example, by Philips, one should conclude: their differences, for the most part, are small. For example, Philips HR 1560 has a power of 350 watts, with three speeds, and Clever Mixx from Bosch - 375 watts. Not so different.
It should be emphasized that both models have several speeds. However, Clever Mixx has 4 of them, and the model from Philips has 3. It is affected by the presence of a certain assembly and greater power of the first sample. When choosing between these two mixers, taking into account the fact that they are very similar in terms of body size and function, you can give preference to the first: there are more speeds with Clever Mixx. In the presence of the mixer also two corolla and several nozzles.
However, according to reviews, the Philips mixer is the most popular between the two samples: it is less heavy and much easier to use. In addition, according to many, does not create noise when activated. TurboFixx series has similar characteristics - almost all models are presented in one power gap - 250 - 300 W, with the same set of speeds and nozzles. Differences from other series: older models for release, which means less perfect details, but more economical cost.
More serious power performance has the Styline MCM4250 combine from Bosch. It has an increased power - 850 watts, a huge number of nozzles, graters and accessories are included in the package. With this device you can squeeze juice, cut vegetables, make smoothies and mix cocktails. However, the series is inferior in terms of performance and build quality to MUM models from Bosch, but much cheaper. If you want to have a food processor at an affordable price, you can stop by buying the Styline MCM4250 kitchen device from Bosch.
According to reviews, Bosch mixers are as popular and trusted as Braun appliances. Both companies are exemplary German quality for a long service life. Most agree that to choose between brands is difficult, since they have an increased cost, and if not a high price for the mixer itself, then expensive accessories.
However, many are willing to pay a large amount for quality, because Bosch offers the most simple, convenient and lightweight models. Some even say that their individual mixers are silent.