Black and white are two classic self-sufficient colors that contrast with each other. Not everyone can choose this combination of colors for kitchen design. To some, it will seem too boring, to someone - too strict. Black and white gamma is suitable for calm and balanced people who love order. The design of a black-and-white kitchen, as in the photo below, can strike with inner harmony, restrained nobility and unique style.
The classic contrast, comfort and laconic black-and-white kitchen make the kitchen incredibly stylish.
Set - the most important element of the kitchen. Many owners when changing the interior, first choose a set, and only then the materials and colors of finishing, other furniture. A photo of the kitchen design with a black and white set is presented below.
Black and white set looks stylish and modern. There are several design options for a two-color headset:
- White top and black bottom. This option can be called the most common and versatile. Black floor boxes look expressive, and the upper tiers of white are light and light. Black and white kitchen in the interior of a modern kitchen can be seen in the photo.
- The upper tiers are black and the lower tiers are white. This option is more suitable for spacious rooms. In a small kitchen, one may get the impression that dark cabinets hang, crush, visually reduce the floor space and create a gloomy atmosphere.
- White kitchen with black worktop and apron. Such furniture looks spectacular, but is not practical: crumbs, dust particles, fingerprints are well visible on the black surface. But such furniture will look good in small rooms. Photos of small black and white kitchens can be seen below.
- Black kitchen with white apron and worktop. White surfaces on a dark background look perfectly clean. Black headset is better to put in large kitchens, and the wall behind it must be light.
Monochrome white kitchen diluted black countertop
Attention! When choosing a dominant color, it is necessary to take into account that black objects absorb light, and white ones reflect it.
The black work surface looks very elegant in the interior of a white kitchen.
Black and white kitchens can be made of such materials:
- Wood is a natural and expensive material, suitable for a classic interior;
- MDF is an eco-friendly material, it is cheaper than wood, it is resistant to moisture and hot steam;
- DSP - the cheapest option, in quality and appearance inferior to MDF.
Black wooden furniture looks very stylish in the company of a white kitchen set
From above furniture facades become covered:
- Acrylic or enamel paint. The surfaces of such a headset are glossy, smooth, visually make the room bigger. These are the most expensive coating options. It is enamel usually covered with natural wood. Variants of facades of kitchen sets in black and white can be seen in the photo.
- PVC film or plastic. This finish is much cheaper. Cons of cost-effective coatings - they are not so bright than varnish, fade over time under the influence of sunlight. As a result, after a few years, the white color becomes yellow, and the black color becomes dull.
The use of modern technology allows even the most budget set to turn into a stylish kitchen assistant.
Black and white kitchen decoration
When designing a black and white kitchen, close attention should be paid to the finishing of horizontal and vertical surfaces. They may either coincide with one of the main selected colors or be different from them. The design of the kitchen in black and white can be seen in the photo.
For a black and white headset to look contrasting, bright and solid, you need a suitable background. To finish the walls a neutral shade is chosen: white, gray, creamy, pearl. It is not recommended to use yellow, pink and blue. Against their background, the set will lose its gloss.
Unusual combination of wall decoration in the kitchen
Tip! In the spacious kitchen you can decorate the walls in an interesting graphite color. Due to the large area the room will not look gloomy.
It is recommended to use decorative plaster, plain wallpaper or paint as a finishing material for black-and-white kitchen walls. The surface of the walls can sparkle, shine. If the owners do not like monotony, then on one of the walls you can stick wallpaper with a pattern. It is desirable that this wall was opposite the headset. Photos of black and white kitchen in a modern interior are presented below.
Ceramic tile on the wall - a great solution for black and white kitchen with open shelves
On the floor of a black and white kitchen will look good:
- Ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles. Cold neutral shades will do. The tile can be laid monotonously or you can choose imitating natural stone, for example, marble. Tiles and porcelain tiles are the most suitable floor materials for the kitchen. They are not afraid of dirt, grease, moisture and frequent cleaning.
- Laminate. It is recommended to lay a coating that imitates natural wood or stone. This material is not as practical as tile. But apparently it is difficult to distinguish it from the tree. For the kitchen, it is necessary to select a high-class laminate, which is characterized by increased strength and moisture resistance. Kitchen design in black and white with a wood floor can be seen in the photo.
Gray flooring fits perfectly into the interior of a black and white kitchen
Ceramic tiles are ideal for kitchen areas.
For the ceiling, it is better to use a light-colored finishing material. You can whiten it, paint it with paint, paste over it with plain vinyl wallpaper.
The original way to highlight the kitchen, to make its interior non-trivial - to install a black ceiling. Glossy hinged or tensioned construction will reflect light. To the surface of the ceiling did not look bleak, it is recommended to frame it with white plinths. Design of a similar kitchen in black and white can be viewed in the photo.
Matt white ceiling is ideal for a kitchen with a black suite
You should not make the ceiling black in kitchens where the ceiling height does not exceed 3 m. Otherwise the room will look like a dark cramped small box.
To finish the apron is recommended to use ceramic tiles or heat-resistant glass. A monochromatic surface in white or black is a versatile option. You can highlight an apron with photo printing. The most appropriate images for black and white cuisine:
- Night city;
- Fruit or vegetables, for example, bright red strawberries or juicy citrus on a black background;
- Bright flowers on a white background: roses, poppies, lilies and others;
Combination with other colors
Monochrome union of white and black looks impressive, but not suitable for everyone. For many people, such an environment seems uncomfortable. To solve this problem, you can add a little paint to the black and white interior. Designers recommend the use of such colors:
- Red. This bright, dynamic color effectively stands out against a black and white background. It adds a touch of aggression to the interior, stirs feelings, causes a surge of emotions. Particularly impressive are the decorative elements of rich crimson hue or fuchsia. Creating such an interior is suitable for bold and energetic people. Kitchen design in black and white style with splashes of red is presented in the photo.
- Yellow and orange. The colors of the sun and orange elevate mood, gives a charge of cheerfulness. He makes black not so gloomy.
- Blue and green. Deep blue or green color can add to the black and white interior refinement. This combination is not too contrast, so it will not cause irritation. In the kitchen reigns an atmosphere of calm, poise.
With the help of bright colors, it is possible to distinguish such interior elements: small household appliances (for example, a mixer), dishes, vases, curtains, lamps, chairs, and so on. The design options for curtains in black and white kitchen can be viewed below.
Black and white kitchen in different styles of interior
A kitchen in two neutral colors will suit almost any style of interior. The main thing is to choose the materials and details.
Black and white combination is rarely used in a traditional classic interior. More often it can be found in the modern interpretation of classicism. The basis of the headset take natural wood or veneered MDF. One piece of furniture can be made of bleached wood, and the second of dark wenge. The facades of furniture should be frosted, decorated with frames, panels, carvings, glass inserts with gold-plated edging, gold-colored fittings. Gold looks great on both white and black surfaces. The interior of a classic kitchen in black and white can be seen below in the photo.
Unusual will look like the doors of the headset with aluminum frames and inserts of frosted or tinted glass. Especially good metal piping will look on a black surface, and glass will visually facilitate the entire structure. Mandatory style attributes are chrome elements. These can be furniture legs or knobs. Design black and white kitchen with a gloss can be seen in the photo.
Tip! To make dark furniture visually easier, you should install a backlight along its perimeter.
Rooms in this style are often made in a monochrome gamut. Neutral two-color version is ideal for him, you can even do without bright patches. The kitchen in the style of minimalism is devoid of an abundance of decorative elements. There may be no decorations in the room at all. The set should have even smooth facades. Monochrome furniture is preferred in this style. You can place a black headset against a white wall. The minimalistic interior of the kitchen in black and white is presented in the photo.
The kitchen in the northern style of the interior should look bright and spacious, so white color should prevail in it. Black should be used in small doses: in the design of the tabletop and apron. All furniture should be simple but comfortable. The interior of the Scandinavian cuisine in black and white is presented in the photo.
Creating a balanced kitchen interior in black and white is not a simple matter. If you do not take into account style features, you can get a boring and dull interior, monotonous or too gloomy. Only the right elements of the interior will help to achieve harmony, fill the black and white kitchen with coziness and warmth.