Artisan mixer from KitchenAid
- Description and specifications
- Purchase options
Planetary mixers, which were originally created for professional use, are rapidly gaining the sympathy and appreciation of ordinary housewives. They are multifunctional, durable and effective in work. One of such devices is the Artisan mixer from KitchenAid.
Description and specifications
In appearance, all units presented in the Artisan line are very similar to each other. The difference lies in the color and volume of the bowl. A palette of shades is simply amazing from bright red to blue-black. The metal itself, from which this unit is made, is not easily polished to a shine, it is very heavy and has powerful fixings. For ease of use, the speed selector button is located at the top of the mixer, and in appearance it looks like a small lever with a black top.
The mixer itself is very massive and is designed to be installed on a permanent work surface, its strength and reliability allow it to firmly fix and not move independently on the table during operation. But this kitchen unit amazes not only with its appearance, but also with technical characteristics.
The power of 1600 W and the planetary mode of operation together allow the unit to be used to perform a huge number of functions. At the same time, everything is whipped and mixed very quickly and in very high quality. It is one of the most powerful planetary mixers that you can use in your home kitchen.
The mixer goes on sale with a bowl in volume of 4.8 liters or 6.9 liters. This allows you to select the appropriate model, depending on the volume of products used. But do not forget that the useful volume will be less than almost half a liter. The presence of 10 speeds of work and a protective rim in the set will allow not only to quickly prepare the necessary dish, but also to do it neatly and safely. In addition, the kit also includes nozzles for the dough, beaters, and a special paddle for mixing the ingredients.
It should be noted that there are also additional types of accessories and attachments for the Artisan mixer from KitchenAid available. Due to which this device can expand its functions.
The final choice in favor of specific household appliances depends on how functional it is. So, this unit is able to perform the following work:
- Mixing any cocktails and smoothies, as well as kneading minced meat of any kind.
- Whip cream, eggs and any other liquid and semi-liquid products, what allows to use it at preparation of desserts, the first and second courses.
- Kneading dough of any kind. A versatile function that allows you to forget about the long kneading of yeast dough, or about preparing the dough for dumplings.
With the right approach, this planetary mixer can replace a whole range of kitchen appliances. All that is needed for this is to purchase special nozzles in the company store and then with their help this unit will be able to perform such actions as rolling out the dough for pasta and chopping it, grinding coffee beans and making ice cream. It may even be difficult to cook sausage meat, but also stuff it into a casing, chop vegetables and fruits, and even make juice from them.
That is, if you buy the necessary components for the Artisan mixer from KitchenAid, you can replace it with a noodle cutter, blender, juicer and other appliances. But first you need to buy the unit itself.
Unlike some other types of planetary units manufactured by other brands, KitchenAid’s Artisan can be bought in two ways: in a regular store or ordered online.
If you are not a supporter of online purchases, then it is better to go to the manufacturer's company store or to large hypermarkets selling home appliances. In this case, the risk to acquire falsification is almost zero. When purchasing this mixer online it is worth considering some points:
- Preference should be given to proven services, such as, for example, Ebay. The reputation of the seller also plays an important role, the higher it is, the safer your transaction will be.
- You will not be able to receive your purchase right away; you will have to wait several days and sometimes weeks. and immediately it is worth agreeing with the seller about the preferred method of delivery for you.
- We will have to pay not only the cost of the planetary mixer itself, but also its delivery to Russia. Although, as practice shows, such an acquisition device turns out cheaper.
- You can buy as a restored vehicle, or just released from the conveyor. When you purchase the second option, you will have to additionally fork out the transformer, which will protect the device from burnout and allow it to operate from the electrical voltage in your network. In America, the grid has other standards, so for the normal operation of the device it is necessary either to completely redo it, or to purchase the same transformer.
By purchasing such a unit, you should understand that before you it was already bought by someone. Such devices are designated by the term Manufacturer refurbished, and if the mixer falls into the category of restored, such mark in the announcement of its sale must be. It means that during the initial purchase of goods, the buyer was found in it some kind of marriage, after which the device was returned to the manufacturer to eliminate it. I would like to especially note that such mixers have a lower cost compared to devices that have just been released, and they usually work just as well as they are, as the reviews indicate.
Like any professional kitchen appliances, the Artisan mixer from KitchenAid has a high price and this is probably its only minus that buyers note. According to them, the unit itself can really replace a food processor in the kitchen. It is easy to operate and maintain, has high power and performs a huge number of functions. Buyers also note the high speed of work and the possibility of its use with additional attachments to perform such functions that are not available to planetary mixers from other manufacturers.
Durability in operation, a wide range of applications, a significant reduction in cooking time, easy maintenance and simple operation are exactly what you get if you get Artisan from KitchenAid.