Agree, we spend most of our lives in the kitchen.
Cooking, drinking tea with delicious buns, watching TV.
Any meetings with relatives and friends - all this happens there.
Therefore, an important factor is the choice of design for this part of the apartment.
Outfit for our kitchen
Yes, you heard right. Our kitchen loves to dress up.
The apron for the kitchen is a kind of protection from grease, moisture and other troubles that await the hostess.
- In the photo, an apron for the kitchen looks perfect and fits into the interior.
- Not only a practical thing, but also stylish.
- There are both aprons on the entire wall and individual pieces, located above the sink and stove.
- Color apron can be any. But the best option is white.
White apron and white kitchen.
Important tips for choosing a kitchen apron:
- The joints between it and the table top must be closed with a plinth or treated with sealant.
- Tiles for the kitchen on the apron, it is desirable to use a smooth and even, without seams and rough edges.
- Apron can be both bright and in neutral colors, depending on your preferences and interior design in general.
Be sure to regularly wipe your apron with a damp cloth, soapy water or detergent, and then your kitchen will look just perfect!
Types of aprons:
Ceramic apron for the kitchen (ceramic tile), photo tiles (kitchen apron with photo printing), glass, mirror, from mosaic, plastic aprons for the kitchen and polycarbonate, from an artificial stone, from metal.
What is more profitable for the price?
- Ceramics are more expensive than chipboard and MDF, but much cheaper than glass or stone.
- A photo tile is expensive, as is a glass apron for the kitchen.
- Plus, for the latter you will need to additionally fork out for a special fastener.
- An apron from a mosaic is a bit more expensive than a simple ceramic tile.
- The cheapest option - an apron for the kitchen of plastic.
- Apron for the kitchen of MDF and plastic - the best option in terms of price.
- It is much cheaper than ceramic tiles, not to mention glass and stone.
- Apron made of chipboard and plastic - the most affordable option for your kitchen.
The wall panel made of polycarbonate has a low price, though it looks very cheap.
The most beautiful and most expensive option - an apron made of artificial stone.
Is it possible to install by yourself?
Lay tile not everyone can. Certain skills are needed here. It is best to seek help from a specialist.
It is also impossible to install a photo tile by yourself, since the apron is made immediately and completely.
An apron made of glass will also be installed by a specialist. A significant advantage is that glass is installed without dirty work, unlike ceramic tiles.
- Classic-style wallpaper: magnificence and obligatory pomp of patterns + 94 photos
- Red bathroom: bold design and decor ideas (91 pics + video)
- Kitchen with a window - 100 photos of the best interior of all time!
Mosaic apron is quite capricious. In order to lay it correctly, you need to have iron patience, endurance and accuracy.
It is very easy to install an apron made of plastic.
Of course, when installing an apron made of artificial stone, there will not be the dirt that appears during ceramic decoration.
However, you will not be able to install this type of apron yourself, you will have to resort to the help of an experienced master.
Do I need to align the walls?
- Tiles for the kitchen - the best options for interior decoration (69 photos)
- Furniture for the kitchen - interesting ways of arranging 84 photos
- Facades for the kitchen - the perfect design of a modern design for 99 photos
Almost all types of apron need additional leveling of the wall on which it will be installed, with the exception of the glass apron.
How long will an apron last?
The most durable apron is a ceramic. He will serve his masters for twenty years.
- The glass apron will have a marketable appearance for about five years.
- The most short-lived version of the apron is plastic.
- It is advisable to protect it from a large accumulation of water, which can simply deform it.
- Apron made of MDF and plastic will serve you for several years.
The service life of the apron of chipboard and plastic, unfortunately, is minimal. It loses its presentation very quickly.
The apron from an artificial stone will serve to you long enough.
In addition, any microcrack can be wonderfully painted over and sanded so that the patches will not be noticeable. Very comfortable stuff.
Is apron afraid of moisture?
- Ceramic tiles - the most moisture-resistant version of the apron.
- The apron made of plastic is quite capricious in this regard.
- Apron made of MDF and plastic is not too pleased with its moisture resistance.
- The moisture resistance of the apron made of chipboard and plastic is very low.
Easy tile care
All, without exception, options for kitchen aprons are not capricious, do not require any special care.
- Complete kitchen - 75 photos of the best furniture options
- Cabinets for the kitchen - 95 photos of the best furniture options!
- Classic-style kitchen - 65 photos of modern interior
It is enough to regularly wipe the surface with a damp cloth or sponge using a soap solution.
Additional care sometimes requires an apron made of glass - it can be wiped from time to time with a glass cleaner.
The most difficult maintenance requires a mirror apron. It must be constantly cleaned.
Plus, your kitchen should be perfect cleanliness, otherwise all your pollution will be visible in double size, due to their reflection in the apron.
In fact, it is not necessary to use stone, plastic or tile.
There is another budget option - decoratively designate an apron in your kitchen with beautiful textural wallpaper.
However, it is necessary to install either tempered glass or polycarbonate from above in order to protect the apron from excessive moisture and dirt.