How to make the kitchen unusual to delight and fascinate? A great option to highlight the interior of the kitchen is to stick the wallpaper with a three-dimensional effect. This wall material in trend today. 3d wallpaper in the kitchen look bright and realistic. They will help create the right atmosphere in the room, comfortable for the whole family and guests.
3D wallpapers create a spectacular realistic drawing
Features of the choice of 3D wallpaper for the kitchen
The union of psychology, computer modeling and modern technical means allowed to create a finishing 3D material. From the usual wallpaper 3D canvas differ in the effect of presence. They create the effect of depth, volume of space, as if pushing the walls apart and erasing the boundaries of the room.
Criterias of choice
Practicality - the main quality, which should have a finishing material for the kitchen. On this basis, such requirements should be made to the wall material:
- Resistant to moisture. The proximity of the sink and the need for regular cleaning necessitates the purchase of wallpaper, no moisture.
- Resistance to ultraviolet, which is especially important in the kitchen with windows facing south. If under the influence of sunlight the picture will burn out, then the wall covering will lose all its attractive appearance.
- Density. 3D wallpaper for the kitchen should not be afraid of the slightest mechanical damage that can spoil the entire design.
- Security. Material intended for wall decoration should be environmentally friendly and not a threat to human health. Fire safety also plays an important role, since the proximity of a slab with an open fire creates the risk of ignition of the surrounding interior elements.
- Resistance to high temperatures. This property is important if the 3D image will be decorated with an apron located near the plate.
Wall mural made of practical materials, safe and resistant to high temperatures
In addition to the above points, wallpaper designed for the kitchen should not absorb odors, and their surface should be easily cleaned from the drops of fat.
3D wallpapers are very easy to clean, so you can use them as a kitchen apron
Pros and cons of using 3D wallpaper
The advantages of spectacular, as in the photo, 3D wallpaper for the kitchen, include:
- Creating an original design;
- Masking small flaws of walls: cracks, irregularities;
- Visual increase in the size of the room;
- Easy installation and disassembly;
- No need for special care.
3D wallpaper helps to create the original interior in the kitchen
Tip! The 3D effect looks very beautiful, but it should be dosed out in a limited space to use this technology. The abundance of 3D images, especially dark color, visually reduce the room.
The main disadvantage of three-dimensional wallpaper - the image on them may eventually become boring. In addition, high-quality 3D canvas is expensive.
Wall mural night city very frequencies are found in the interior of the kitchen
Types of photo wallpapers
- Single. They are images of small sizes, used as a decorative element, glued to the door or a small section of the wall, like a picture.
- Standard. They have a large size, glued to the entire wall.
- Panoramic. Large-sized wallpaper with a volume effect. Differ from the standard more realistic image. Beautiful panoramic wallpaper 3D in the kitchen can be seen in the photo.
- Fluorescent. On separate sites of such wallpaper special composition was applied. During the day it is not visible, but in the dark it glows under special ultraviolet lamps.
- LED. This is the most expensive type of wallpaper. Such canvases glow in the dark and can even change the pattern. LED wallpapers are equipped with built-in microcircuit, thousands of small light bulbs of different colors. The system is controlled by the remote. The owner can, by pressing the button, illuminate only a separate part of the canvas, change the intensity and color of the backlight.
Futuristic 3D design wallpaper on the kitchen wall
LED 3D wallpapers look spectacular, but they are afraid of mechanical damage. Animals or children may accidentally break contacts. LED canvas can not be repaired. In the event of a breakdown, it will have to be completely replaced.
LED 3D wallpaper as a kitchen apron
The price of photo wallpapers also depends on the material from which they are made. So canvases based on plain paper are relatively inexpensive. The price for non-woven wallpaper is already higher, but this particular material is ideal for decorating the kitchen space.
3D wallpaper on the wall of the kitchen with the image of poppies
Choosing 3d photo wallpaper
Among the large range of 3D photo wallpaper is not so easy to choose the appropriate option. First of all, the owners should be guided by their own feelings and preferences. In order for a three-dimensional image to harmoniously fit into a kitchen setting, one should take into account the chosen style of the interior, as well as the size of the room.
Panoramic 3D photo wallpaper makes the interior easier
Attention! Large images are not suitable for a small kitchen, they visually reduce the space, they press on the eyes.
Subjects for wallpaper
Popular plots of 3d wallpaper for the kitchen:
- Natural landscapes. Universal option, suitable for all styles of interior. Seascapes that are appealing are in great demand.
- Vegetables, fruits, cakes. The most popular images of coffee beans, strawberries, raspberries and juicy citruses.
- Abstraction: volumetric cubes, pyramids, balls, other shapes, patterns, smooth lines. Only suitable for modern interiors.
- Landscapes of the night city.
- Architectural buildings: palaces, castles, ancient mosques, the Eiffel Tower
- Macro photography: large images of flowers, berries, stones and shells on the seashore, fruit, water droplets,
In order to expand the space, wallpaper should be stuck imitating access to a forest road, terrace or balcony with a view of the seashore or a sunny city. It will create the illusion that the kitchen has a continuation.
It is possible to depict any picture on 3D photo wallpaper. This canvas is made to order and costs a lot of money.
The original version is to glue 3d wallpaper on the kitchen ceiling. Such a solution will visually increase the size of the room, create an interesting effect. For the ceiling fit such scenes: space, night starry sky, blue sky with white clouds.
Selection of wallpaper, taking into account the characteristics of the room
Wall mural can change the visual perception of the room. To visually lift the ceilings, you can pick up wallpaper with an abstraction with a vertical pattern or with a photo taken from the bottom up: high forest trees, rocks, towers. To expand the kitchen, canvases with horizontal orientation are selected: sea sunset, sandy desert, green field, flowering meadow.
The choice of colors on the walls depends largely on the location of the room:
- If the windows of the kitchen are facing north, then it is recommended to choose an image in warm yellow and orange tones for the wall: a flowering meadow lit by the sun, juicy orange, bright tropical fish, autumn leaves, a photo in retro style.
- For the kitchen with windows located on the south side, it is recommended to select images in cold colors: photos of the night city, ice cubes, green foliage, forest and winter landscapes.
Tip! When using 3D photo wallpapers, kitchen owners will have to abandon small decorative elements. Otherwise the room will look cluttered up.
3d wallpaper in different styles
When choosing a plot of 3D wallpaper for the kitchen, you must consider the interior style:
- Classic. It will look good landscapes, paintings of famous artists, images of towers and castles, imitation of volumetric statues, bas-reliefs, columns, arches.
- Minimalism. On the accent wall organically look volumetric geometric shapes of restrained colors: black, white, brown.
- High tech. Landscapes of the night city, monochrome pictures, images of space, labyrinths will look beautiful. Modern kitchen design with 3D wallpaper can be seen in the photo.
- Modern In this style landscapes, colorful abstractions, city landscapes will look natural.
- Provence. Fit wallpaper with the image of lavender fields, green meadows, seascapes. You can choose wallpaper with imitation brick or masonry.
Options for sticking
Depending on the area of the kitchen and the desired effect, choose the method of pasting:
- Finish the entire wall. This option can be used in kitchens with a large area. In a small room, a huge three-dimensional canvas will not look so impressive.
- Part wall decor. The most common way. Suitable for rooms of all sizes. Allows you to save on the acquisition of materials of decoration.
- Apron trim. So that the three-dimensional image does not deteriorate, it is covered with tempered glass on top. 3D photo wallpapers for apron in the kitchen are shown in the photo.
- Creating an illusion. 3d image edged frame. Thus, the illusion of an open window or door opening onto a flowering garden, the seashore, is formed. Wallpaper can not glue on the wall, and attach to the frame.
Gluing 3d photo wallpapers do it yourself
With the peculiarities of gluing specific three-dimensional wallpaper can be found on the instructions that comes with the canvas. Wallpapers are glued in several stages:
- Training. The air temperature in the kitchen should be 20-24 degrees Celsius. Before sticking the wall covering it is necessary to level the walls and polish them.
- Applying glue. It is recommended to buy adhesive compound designed for heavy wallpaper. Glue is applied to the back side of the canvas with care not to damage the pattern.
- Gluing the canvas. Ribbons of photowall-paper without fail are glued to the butt joint. The material is smoothed from the middle of the pattern to the edges. In the process it is worth using a spatula made of plastic.
If a large air bubble has formed on the wall after gluing the wallpaper, it can be pierced with a needle and smoothed.
3D wallpapers in the interior of the kitchen look bright, creative and incredibly realistic. Visual illusion can dramatically change the perception of the room: to expand the space, divert attention from the shortcomings of the situation, to make the interior unique.