How to arrange the furniture in the nursery?
A feature of the room designed for a child is the versatility of the space, which is why the correct arrangement of the furniture allows you to create a single harmonious space that can be easily transformed depending on the child’s preferences. When arranging furniture in a nursery, you must follow certain rules that allow you to create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere.
The first thing to be guided by is the appropriateness of the furniture to the age of the child. It should be remembered that for each age there is a certain set of furniture, without which it is impossible to do. It is necessary to avoid cluttering the baby’s room with unnecessary furnishings.
Photo: room for a teenage boy
Photo: room for a girl
What should be considered when arranging furniture?
The baby's room should have enough free space, so you should carefully consider the design of the future interior. This will help you ready design solutions. Guided by the photo, you can correctly enter the necessary interior even in a very limited space. Arrange the furniture should be in such a way that the child could easily get the necessary items (books, toys, etc.). To provide free access to the child to the toys will help open cabinets and shelves.
Photo: open shelves will help ensure free access for the child to toys and books.
Photo room for girls in the attic
We arrange the furniture in the nursery, designed for two children
If there are two children, then the ideal option is to use a two-level bed, which not only helps to save the useful space of the room, but can also successfully combine in itself places for storing toys and linen. In addition, a correctly selected and installed bunk bed will serve not only as a resting place, but also to perform the functions of a play area (beds equipped with swings and slides).
Photo: bunk bed, equipped with a slide
Photo: bunk bed with shelves for storage
We arrange the furniture in the nursery with the requirements of ergonomics
The arrangement of furniture in the nursery must comply with the requirements of ergonomics:
- Do not place a child’s sleeping place near a radiator;
- rational use of small space involves the installation of corner cabinets;
- the closet is best located opposite the seating area;
- the use of a two-level bed saves space. In the event that a child is alone, the upper level can serve as a full-fledged playing place;
- the desk should be placed at the window in such a way that natural light falls to the baby’s left;
- The central lighting in the nursery should be soft, the overhead light should be supplemented with a spotlight, which can be used as wall lamps or table lamps.
- the desk and chair must match the age and height of the child;
- the bed should be placed in such a way that the entrance to the room can be clearly seen from it;
- Do not forget about the sports corner, which can be organically entered even in a very limited space;
- the use of podiums will allow you to organically divide the space into zones, the multi-level structure of the room is suitable for teenage children who love various kinds of experiments.
Photo: corner cabinet in the interior of the children's room
Photo: bunk bed with play area downstairs
Photo: a podium with pull-out beds will be the perfect solution for small rooms.
When choosing and placing furniture in the nursery, safety requirements should be considered. All interior items should be made of natural materials, it is not recommended to furnish children's furniture with sharp corners and metal accessories. Glass surfaces should be avoided, as they act as an additional injury factor.
When placing items in the child’s room, the baby’s wishes should be taken into account. Modular furniture will help to transform the space easily, and additional storage spaces will make it possible to free up space for games.