The water wall is a fundamentally new solution in interior design that has won the sympathy of designers and property owners.
This decor element adorns modern shopping centers, office space, as well as residential apartments and houses. Initially, the water wall was a real exclusive, not all available.
Nowadays, with the help of original solutions, designers turn an unremarkable wall into a fashionable decor element, captivating admiring glances of guests and the owners of the house themselves.
The basic principles of manufacturing are well studied and do not represent any secret - you can buy ready-made in a specialized store, but you can make it yourself.
Fashionable and practical interior solution
Water wall is an excellent solution for delimiting zones of living space. The exclusive water partition has not only a practical function, but also adorns the space.
In addition, it will be a natural dry air humidifier, which is important during the heating season. The water wall often adorns the homes of people who love peace and tranquility, the sound of flowing water and bubbles bursting in it is the best means of relaxation.
The stores have a large range of water walls with a direct flow of water, equipped with a control function.
Thanks to the numerous programs with which the device is equipped, it is possible to choose the trajectory of movement of the bubbles, as well as to regulate their speed and size. All nuances are thought out, which reduces the risk of breakage to a minimum.
Water wall do it yourself
For those who want to decorate their space with this practical and original element there are two ways:
- buy in the store, which experts will assemble and install it "turnkey";
- make it yourself, having familiarized yourself with an uncomplicated method, it is not difficult to do this.
It is necessary to decide whether the fountain will be an independent element of the decor or a partition dividing the space of the room.
The next step is to apply the markup corresponding to the size of the desired design.
Walls and floors in those places where the water wall will be installed need protection from constant exposure to moisture and water, covering the entire surface of the proposed structure with a special compound.
It is necessary to begin with the installation of glass, the surface of which must be completely integral, even the smallest chips and cracks are not allowed.
Sealant is required to carefully process the edges of the glass to prevent leakage in the future design. A drain hole is a necessary element and you need to think about how to correctly position it below.
The formation of air bubbles and their movement behind the glass correspond to the nozzles - a necessary part of the mechanism. A huge plus in the manufacture of water walls with his own hand - the ability to influence the functional qualities and the selection of jewelry.
There is a huge variety of options:
- the ability to create a pair of tanks filled with different dyes or foam, under one glass;
- experiment with the colors and composition of the fillers;
- impart chaotic or orderly movement to air bubbles;
- the choice of lighting, giving great functionality for additional decoration of the wall.
In the manufacture of a water partition, not connected with the wall, the algorithm of actions is similar, but you need two glass sheets and a frame for their fastening.
The optimal material for glass are:
- polycarbonate - using it, installing a wall will be much cheaper. The material is very durable, little exposed to chemical and mechanical stress, but quickly loses its functional qualities;
- acrylic glass is a more expensive and fragile material that does not lose its qualities over a long period of time.
Currently, the water wall can be a decoration of any home and serve as a source of joy, tranquility and comfort for the owners.