Recently, it has become fashionable to save a maximum of living space in apartments.
In part, this is due to the proliferation of new buildings in which there are studio apartments, and their area does not always allow living in a big way.
Transforming tables come to the rescue, which has become a huge variety on the market.
What is a transforming table?
The transforming table is a multifunctional solution, which in everyday life can be a small coffee table, and at lunch or for a celebration can become a full-fledged dining table with a capacity of up to 6 people or a full-fledged working space.
This is achieved by lowering or lifting elements.
A large selection of transforming tables allows you to fit them into all interior solutions and rooms.
And their functionality is provided by reliable mechanisms that are designed for repeated use.
If you have not met with this invention, then you just have to look at the photos of transforming tables in the interiors of various rooms.
The advantages of transforming tables are:
- convenience and compactness (such a table can not only be folded, but also cleaned);
- variability (table-chair, table-bed);
- spaciousness (tables are most often equipped with internal tanks);
- finance savings;
- ease of use;
- long term use.
In this case, the tables are made of the most common materials: particleboard, MDF, glass and metal, and the design of the transforming tables is very diverse.
Solutions for different rooms
Kitchen. For kitchens, the ideal option would be a small square, but a normal height table with two, four folding wings or a sliding worktop.
This table does not occupy a useful area and is suitable for everyday meals, and, if necessary, it modifies and accommodates a larger number of guests.
Living room. The original solutions were invented by designers to save space in the living room: a coffee-dining table, a sofa table, a table-bed and a table-sofa-bed.
The dining-dining table is suitable for any living room interior and allows you to make a large dining table from a small and low table.
As the names imply, table-sofa, table-bed and table-sofa-bed are more complex designs that allow you to transform the table into a convenient place to relax or sleep.
Such solutions ideally fit into studio apartments.
Veranda or terrace. Not bypassed designers and country or private houses. A bench-table was invented for them, which will allow not only to have lunch, but also to rest after a hard day on a comfortable bench.
- Kitchen corner - what to choose? 100 photos of the best new products in the interior!
- Playpen: how to choose? Photo review of the best new designs!
- Cots for newborns - choose wisely! 100 photos of the best new designs!
Bedroom. For the bedroom there is an even greater variety of transformers: table-wardrobe, table-nightstand, table-bed, table-sofa.
Such solutions will not occupy useful space during the day, and at night it is a comfortable bed with a small bedside shelf.
Ideally, the table-bed will fit into the room of a teenager and will serve as a bed at night and a computer table during the day. The arrangement in the room of the transforming table directly depends on its modification.
Children's For children, there is a variant of the transformer table in the form of a small but high seat, which can be pushed up to the common table (for the smallest ones) or spread out in front of the child your own table for self-study.
For schoolchildren it is worth looking at the console table from IKEA. This table can be modeled in a variety of options that will certainly appeal to your child.
- Upholstered furniture - a review of popular new products from the catalog of 2017! (85 photos of ideas)
- Cots with sides - views of the most popular models (88 photos)
- Sofa in the interior - recommendations for choosing when buying (80 photos)
Original solutions in the interior
- Tom Cecil - a spectacular table, consisting of cubes.
- Modular - a table consisting of various modules, united among themselves.
Magazine - the most common version of the modern table-transformer, which has different variations and, even, with the provided, internal cells for storing magazines and books.
Photo of the table-transformer in the interior
- Gray sofa: how to choose and with what to combine (90 photos of new products)
- Sofa transformer: review of the best models from the catalog of 2017
- Desk for the student - what to choose? Photo review of popular models!