Each owner seeks to equip housing, to create an interior in accordance with their ideas about comfort, beauty, convenience. One of the most important places in the house is the bedroom - a resting place where you can be alone with your thoughts about yesterday's future, where we see off the old day and meet a new one. This room requires special attention and approach.
You can realize the original design of a bedroom of 10 sq m, if you harmoniously choose colors and textures of finishing materials, refuse furniture with large dimensions, make the most of the space, organize lighting properly. The interior can be made in any style - classical, Japanese, Provencal, high-tech or modern. The following photos show interesting options that take into account the needs of owners of small apartments.
The interior of a small bedroom of 10 sq. M requires special attention. It is necessary to draw a large-scale plan of the room, place the furniture on paper, all the necessary design elements, check the width of the passages left, apertures, evaluate the various options and choose the best one.
Plasterboard wall and ceiling decoration is a popular solution. In the interior of the bedroom of 10 sq. M, functional niches on the walls are ideal for placing both necessary things and cute trinkets, frames with photos or souvenirs, vases, figurines. Constructions of drywall can have various shapes, both rectangular and rounded. If the parameters of the bedroom allow, a multi-level plasterboard ceiling with illumination of each level will also perfectly fit into the design.
In the photo you can see how this solution looks in a small bedroom.
Wallpaper for a small bedroom should be selected with a moderate pattern. Psychologists say that too frequent, small ornament in a small room is depressing. General recommendations are:
- Horizontal pattern is suitable for a narrow and high bedroom;
- Vertical ornament will visually increase the height;
- The design of a small bedroom with an area of 10 square meters requires monochromatic, light pastel-colored wallpapers;
- Alternating wide stripes of light and dark wallpapers one can achieve the effect of increasing space;
- If the wallpaper with a large pattern, then in combination with the wallpaper of the same color, but without a picture on the adjacent wall.
As for the flooring, when choosing it, you should focus on the overall interior. Darker furniture looks better on a light floor and vice versa. Shades of furniture and the floor should be combined harmoniously, preferably some tones, but different saturation.
Parquet or laminate with a diagonal pattern will contribute to the visual increase in the size of the room.
Examples of suitable wallpaper, flooring can be seen in the photo.
Bed in a small bedroom
So, back to our drawing, first we plan the furniture layout. The bedroom begins with a bed, so this is the first thing that needs to be placed. Consider the possible options:
- Headboard to the wall - with the traditional arrangement of two bedside tables;
- In the inner corner - we have extra space for a locker or chair;
- Island position - when no more furniture is planned in the room;
- With the long side along the wall you can position the bed, if you need to place some pieces of furniture along the same wall and release the center of the room.
If there is an intention to use a part of the bedroom as an office, the most correct is to place the bed in a corner or along a long wall. Like one of the photos below.
For a small bedroom a bed with drawers will be comfortable. It easily accommodates bedding and some other things, such as shoes. Of course, you can not hang anything, but you will not need a large closet, which occupies a significant part of the small bedroom.
The design of a small bedroom involves the combination of beautiful ideas with real solutions. Most couples want to have a double bed, but in a bedroom of 10 sq. M it would be more expedient to put a one-and-a-half or double with parameters of 1.4 x 1.6 m. get together daily.
Actual in this case will be such photos.
Podium instead of bed
Your room will have a trendy modern design, if instead of a bed you decide to install a sleeping podium. The advantages of this solution:
- There is no need to buy a bed at all, just a mattress is enough;
- Internal functional space used for drawers;
- The podium itself can serve as a place for a retractable bed, and its surface will become the seat of the working area, if there is such a need. It's hard not to appreciate such an ergonomic interior.
In the photo you can see how interesting and modern the interior looks like with a bed - a podium.
An interesting accessory that will perfectly complement the bed with a podium - canopy. It looks spectacular, creates full-fledged conditions for sleep.
Wardrobe for a small bedroom
The best option for a bedroom of 10 square meters will be a closet compartment. Immediately get ready for what you have to do it to order, to take into account all the features of the room and ideas for planning. The main plus is that the cabinet will occupy all the space in height, right up to the ceiling, allowing you to fill it with the most necessary things. In addition, you can choose any design that harmoniously fit into your interior.
If there is not enough space for the cabinet, there is the option of placing a small size (only for a wardrobe with hangers) and mezzanines around the perimeter, along the walls and even above the bed.
Mirrors on sliding doors will not only be convenient for daily use in the selection of clothes and preparing to leave the house, but also create the effect of a large bright room.
Here are some photos showing cabinet placement options.
It is better to refuse a dresser, and to move bedside tables close to a berth. The height of the thumbs should not be greater than the height of the bed.
Optical effects for increasing visual space
Do not forget about the main rules that help develop a design that matches the small bedroom:
- The dominant light soft colors. For the ceiling - white or light blue, creating the effect of open air space. The walls are white, beige, peach, and gently olive.
- Refusal of poppeznyh elements of decor. Massive carved headboards, armchairs and curtains with velvet, glitter wallpapers are strongly discouraged in the bedroom of 10 square meters;
- The use of mirror and glossy surfaces in the decoration of furniture, ceiling, niches. It is important to observe moderation so that the interior does not get a cold, uncomfortable look. Mirrors to try to have in such a way that they did not reflect the bed;
- Wall-paper should not be darker than a floor, have not too motley drawing.
Photos with ready-made solutions will help you decide.
Textiles play a very important role in creating coziness. A small bedroom will come to life and play with new colors, if you taste it with such decorative elements as curtains, bedspreads, bedside pillows, tapestries. The harmonious combination of colors of furniture and textiles will create a lively warm atmosphere. It is better to avoid large carpets with long nap, fabrics with glitter and too contrasting bright colors. In a small bedroom, it will be inappropriate and make the interior heavier.
Pictures, photos on the walls are better to hang in thin, elegant frames, observing moderation in size and quantity.
Flower arrangements will find their place on the windowsills, in the corners of the room.
Books, souvenirs, statues, various cute trinkets to place on the shelves and wall niches, they will complete the decoration of your favorite little bedroom.
Today, the number of modern technologies used for lighting is very diverse. You can use multiple light sources for different parts of the room, adjust the degree of illumination depending on the need, mood. Even the old interior will sparkle with new colors when lighting is updated.
The main thing is that the light in the bedroom should be soft and cozy. It is better to use the following devices:
- small spotlights;
- lamps with lampshades;
- built-in ceiling lights;
- lamps having the form of spheres or hemispheres.
You can also make the lighting of the working area or focus on the decor using modern LED strips. They can be of different brightness and adjusted using a special remote control.
The following photos clearly demonstrate effective lighting solutions.
Light plays a big role in creating the atmosphere, has a certain mood and requires careful pre-thinking. Like the whole design of your little favorite bedroom.