A very important role in the modern design of the apartment is played by the design of the ceiling in the living room. Stretch ceiling is an integral part of the interior. Its use gives the room design a complete look. A huge advantage of stretch ceilings is that they do not require special care and are quite practical.
Pros and cons in the use of stretch ceilings
The main advantages of stretch ceilings include the following positive characteristics:
- long operational period;
- easy installation;
- beautiful appearance;
- do not pass moisture;
- high level of reliability;
- allow you to hide the defects of the ceiling surface;
- enable the creation of multi-level structures;
- a huge range of various models.
However, there are stretch ceilings and its drawbacks:
- in case of flooding by neighbors from the top apartment, the ceiling needs to be completely replaced;
- it is difficult to find suitable lighting fixtures for such ceilings;
- Stretch ceiling material is subject to mechanical damage as a result of careless handling.
If to compare the suspended structures with suspended ceilings, the advantages of the tension version are obvious. When installing, they conceal only 3 centimeters in height, and suspended ceilings will deprive you of 10 centimeters in height.
As we can see, the positive properties are predominant.
Note! Our partners offer the best conditioners from an online store in Sevastopol.
The choice of material for the manufacture of stretch ceiling
PVC ceilings are distinguished by their heterogeneity of their texture, with the result that the ceiling base is divided into matte, glossy and satin.
This is the most popular type of suspended ceilings. Their operational period is approximately twenty-five years. With their help, you can originally design the interior.
The area of their application is quite extensive. They look great in the design of apartments, private houses, offices, administrative institutions, catering and other premises.
Stretch ceilings with a matte base are mostly preferred by the owners of apartments with unique interior design. The interior may contain such original elements as antique furniture ensembles, various collectible items and others. Matte finish does not allow glitter from brilliant objects.
Matte surfaces reflect light poorly, so these ceilings require additional lighting.
Satin coating has an ideal surface and a beautiful and unobtrusive gloss. For their production use slightly polished PVC film. The texture of the ceiling has similarities with satin, which determined the name of the coating.
For fabricated fabric ceilings, the fabric is first impregnated with a polymeric substance. It is then used as a ceiling covering material. The ceiling surface does not contain joints and uneven sections, due to the fact that the packaging of fabric cover is made in the form of a wide roll.
Stretch ceilings in the interior of rooms
Stretch ceiling in the bedroom
For the bedroom, it is preferable to use stretch ceilings with satin and matte coating. It is better to make a choice in favor of light shades. Pure white ceiling surface will also be in harmony with the design of the entire room.
Should be avoided in the bedroom bright color palette, the atmosphere in the room should contribute to relaxation and tranquility.
Stretch ceiling in the living room
The living room is the main room in the house or in the apartment. Here in the evenings, quiet family gatherings take place, meetings with friends take place here, all solemn events are celebrated. That is why in the design of the ceiling there are no restrictions, it all depends on the imagination and creative thinking of the owners.
- Moroccan style apartment
- Design penthouses - photos of the most fashionable and unusual interior design solutions
- Scandinavian style in the interior: TOP-100 photos of new design
Stretch ceiling in the kitchen
For the kitchen should choose ceilings with a high degree of durability. The ideal option is a matte ceiling finish in beige color. The use of white color in the kitchen is inappropriate, because of its marquis.
Installation of stretch ceiling
Many people ask a reasonable question: at what stage of the repair work is it necessary to install the stretch ceiling? There is only one correct answer. Installation of the ceiling covering is carried out at the end of all repair work.
The process of installing PVC ceiling is called thermal shrinkage. Its meaning lies in the dense heating of the ceiling using a gas gun. As a result, the elasticity of the ceiling base increases many times. It stretches and fastens around the perimeter.
Fabric based ceilings are mounted using “cold installation”. The canvas is stretched and fixed, without changing its temperature.
It is not recommended to carry out installation independently, it is better to entrust this responsible occupation to professionals.
- Apartments in the style of minimalism - 120 photos of unusual ideas in the interior
- Design one-room Khrushchev - 100 photos of impeccable interior ideas
- The interior of a small apartment - 90 photos of perfect design
Properly care for the ceiling
The use of stretch ceilings in the interior is captivating by the fact that they do not require close care. Care is periodically wiping their surface with a dry and clean cloth wipe. To recreate the shiny surface, you can use polish.
It is preferable to clean matte surfaces with steam or warm soapy water, using soap.
Wet cleaning is used for the fabric ceiling; if there are significant contaminated areas on it, the concentration of the soap solution should not be too high.
To serve the ceiling, as long as possible, follow these guidelines:
- at the time of the repair in the apartment, the PVC tensioning covering should be dismantled, and the surface on the fabric basis should be covered with a protective film,
- Do not remove dirt from the ceiling surface with a brush.
200 photos of stretch ceilings in the interior
- Country style living room - 100 photos of beautiful design ideas
- Italian style in the interior - 75 photos of ideas how to create an elegant design
- The decor of the chairs - step by step instructions with photo examples and new designs